The next big thing........Another live trip report!

In honor of @disneysince71, I'd like to post as we go. It was so much fun reading along, I figured, "why not?" I tried this in February, but it only lasted half the trip. I picked up a stomach bug midway and ended up tossing the phone in the sink in the wee hours of the morning ending any updates. Hope to avoid that this time! :mad: iphones can be expensive! Anyway, I can't promise to be as active as she was, but I'll try to keep it current and not aggravate my wonderful family as we enjoy Disneyworld!
On a side note, our flight has already been delayed until 6:50 PM. We were hoping to check in at the Yacht Club then head to MK for EMH. Don't think that will happen now, but we shall see what we shall see.
The trip is from Today, June 30 through July 14. The first week will be spent at the YC. Our second week at AKL. My wife and I will be traveling with our son, 10, and daughter, 8. Very excited, but now bummed with this delay! :(

donaldtoo

Safe trip back to PA! It's around 90 here so it should feel just like FL when you get back. Your pool might feel more like a hot tub right now.

So funny about the different perspectives we have on weather from way down here to way up there...
90 to us is just startin' to get "warm". On the other hand, down here, if they even predict there may be sleet overnight during the winter, everyone goes into "Blizzard of *insert year here*!!!" mode...! :eek: ;) :)

donaldtoo

Killing time and having some skittles at the airport

Untitled by coachwnh, on Flickr

Untitled by coachwnh, on Flickr

OK, I have to ask, is there any relation to the polo on your DS's shirt and Walt?
He did play and owned his own polo ponies for several years.
Out of the blue, I know, but almost all of their other outfits seemed to be Disney-themed in some way, as such.
Good grief! I'm such a DisGeeeeeeek...!!! :eek: :D ;) :)

coachwnh

Original Poster
OK, I have to ask, is there any relation to the polo on your DS's shirt and Walt?
He did play and owned his own polo ponies for several years.
Out of the blue, I know, but almost all of their other outfits seemed to be Disney-themed in some way, as such.
Good grief! I'm such a DisGeeeeeeek...!!! :eek: :D ;) :)
Nope. Just changed before we hit the plane.

donaldtoo

And outside the Magic Kingdom for the final time until October!

DSC07087 by coachwnh, on Flickr

Wow! DLR first, then October and December are just around the corner for y'all...! :)

Not quite sure yet when we're gonna' get back, although it's lookin' like there's a possibility that we won't be waitin' 'til next summer! :)
Our niece and my MIL joined us on day 4 of our June trip, so along with oldest DD's DFiance' that made 8 of us. They (niece and MIL) had never been before. Since they got back with all kinds of Magical stories to tell, My BIL, SIL (BIL's wife) and her parents, and my other SIL (DW's sis), all want to try to coordinate a trip together...! :eek: ;)
We organized a trip for 13 of us (our family of 5, another family of 5, oldest DD's BF/DFiance' - he proposed on that trip - oldests BFF, and youngests BFF) last July and it was a BLAST!!! :) So, it's not like we haven't "Been there, done that" before...! :D ;) :)

donaldtoo

We are still recovering almost a week later. somehow, i picked up the flu. started feeling it our last two days in WDW, but I just started getting a little better yesterday. too many days of burning that Disney candle at both ends. We have just about a week and a half before we head to Phoenix and then to Disneyland. Hoping we are all well rested by then

WOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!! I did it!!!!!! I finally caught ALL THE WAY up!!!!!!! YEEEEEHHHAAAAWWWWWWW!!!!!
I feel like I've just finished a good novel...a really Magical one...!!! :D ;) :)

Hope the bug is long gone and that you're all very well rested by now!!! :)

Thanks again, Coach! It's been a HOOT!!! :)
Can't wait for the next one...!!!!!????? o_O :D ;) :)

WLBound

So funny about the different perspectives we have on weather from way down here to way up there...
90 to us is just startin' to get "warm". On the other hand, down here, if they even predict there may be sleet overnight during the winter, everyone goes into "Blizzard of *insert year here*!!!" mode...! :eek: ;) :)

It gets the same reaction in PA. If the weatherman predicts the slightest chance of flurries, state law says you must immediately drop everything, rush to the supermarket and buy bread, eggs, and milk so you can make the required allowance of French Toast.

lbrad

After a shoe malfunction, we walked back to the YC so my daughter could change. We were walking out to Epcot to see Illuminations, but decided to return to MK as planned.

We arrived to hear the MSEP would be delayed, so we went to see Mickey.

DSC06494 by coachwnh, on Flickr

After Meeting Mickey, we headed to POTC before settling in front of the Castle by the Mickey and Walt statue to watch the fireworks (which were better than I remember from the Fourth two years ago).

We then battled upstream against the crowd through a light rain to see Monsters Inc Laugh Floor. The fireworks started about 10 minutes late, so this would be our last attraction before heading back to the YC for the night. Which was fine by me. We are all tired!

Just reading your TR ... GREAT picture of a beautiful family :)
Enjoying your trip ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom