the next animated feature

Dizknee_Phreek

I completely agree with you, Tink! the Disney company are pioneers! and, like you said, they take risks...and, again, like you said, with risk taking there will always be failure and success. and Disney is no exception to that (that's obvious with the horrible changes they made to Journey Into Imagination...I'm just so thankful that i'm not the only one in the world to think the changes were a big flop!) anyway, there will always be Disney movies that are spectacular, and some that are just okay. and there will always be comparisons made between Disney movies, and there will always be comparisons made between Disney and other cartoon movies. (most of the time Disney wins out, but every now and then, the 'others' come out with really outstanding movies! such as Anastasia *LOVED the music in that one!* and Prince of Egypt *loved most of the music in that one too!*) i really don't know what i'm trying to say here, other than Disney has gone through some what of a dry spell when it comes to movies. i mean, it was bound to happen sooner or later, right? but dry spells never last forever, and i think we all know that...so i think if Disney sticks with their 'quality, not quantity' thing, then they'll be ok, and the 'classics' that we are in need of will come to us.

all in due time, folks...all in due time!
~*Amy*~

TynkerBelle

I never said it didn't take time or effort to use computer animation, nor did I say I didn't understand the process.

A little over-sensitve, Now Inc, aren't you?

wagner92

Ok, let's get somethings straight here. The upcoming Pixar movie is Monsters Inc. The next Disney animated feature will be Lilo and Stitch. After that will be Treasure Planet. Sweatin' Bullets has been cancelled. After that is Bears. Unconfirmed is Pixar's fifth movie in the five movie contract with Disney... Finding Nemo. The triagular fingernails were intentional as the Disney artists were trying to create the movie in an edgy, graphic style, much like comic books.

<SRH>

I think Atlantis was a great movie. Disney should have released it earlier around the time "The Mummy 2" came out. It came out of the gate with too many other films out there.

NowInc

Originally posted by TynkerBelle
I never said it didn't take time or effort to use computer animation, nor did I say I didn't understand the process.

A little over-sensitve, Now Inc, aren't you?

actually..no...but your post implied that computer animation is the reason for bad story lines (you siad something along the lines of "If you can do it in a fraction of the time, why worry about storys")...The reason for my post was to show that no matter what anyone thinks..computer animation takes just as long, if not longer than standard 2d animation...so to place blame on comptuer animation is really silly. I know I came off as being hyper sensitive..but I am a computer animator, and it bothers me when people (not you in particular) pass my career off as a lazy artistic tool.

TynkerBelle

I never said that animation is to blame for bad story lines, but that if you can do three instead of one you can be less choosy. You don't need to eliminate as many stories. For instance, Dinosaur (which I love) might have been passed over due to the fact that animated dinosaur movies were quite over done in the nineties; and many pieces were passed up for the fantasias.
As for being oversensitive, try being a blonde female. Having a degree in PreRaphaelite art & literature somehow is not everyone's first impression.

WDWFanatic

Well as you may have heard, they fired the head guy in charge of disney pictures. I'm guessing its due to the poor quality of the movies and animated pictures they have been producing. So hopefully we will see some better stuff in the future.

Attachments

• pluto08a.gif
    pluto08a.gif
    5.9 KB · Views: 109

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom