The New X-Box

Voxel

President of Progress City
I can easilay see that.

What do you think of the system so far. I am looking hard at One (Mainly cause I want to play Forza and I know we wont get a Grand Tursimo for the PS4 until next year at the earlist). If I hadn't purchased 3 news systems the year already I would have pre-ordered. Maybe I can get my girlfriend moved in if she gets one.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
What do you think of the system so far. I am looking hard at One (Mainly cause I want to play Forza and I know we wont get a Grand Tursimo for the PS4 until next year at the earlist). If I hadn't purchased 3 news systems the year already I would have pre-ordered. Maybe I can get my girlfriend moved in if she gets one.
I am really liking it. If you liked the 360 you will love the One as it does everything the 360 did only better. There has been a drastic improvements in the arena of voice controls. So much so that they are actually convenient to use. The controller is a thing of beauty. I thought the 360 controller was pretty much perfect, but the slightly revised shape, surface treatment to the sticks and the feedback on the triggers have made it even better. About my only complaint is the DVR controls for the cable/satellite box, but I hear that is due to Comcast and DirecTV not playing nice and could easily be fixed with a software update.

As far as video game quality goes it is an improvement, but not as drastic as going from the PS2 to 3 or Xbox to 360. Give developers a year and I'll be it will be close to it.

Voxel

I am really liking it. If you liked the 360 you will love the One as it does everything the 360 did only better. There has been a drastic improvements in the arena of voice controls. So much so that they are actually convenient to use. The controller is a thing of beauty. I thought the 360 controller was pretty much perfect, but the slightly revised shape, surface treatment to the sticks and the feedback on the triggers have made it even better. About my only complaint is the DVR controls for the cable/satellite box, but I hear that is due to Comcast and DirecTV not playing nice and could easily be fixed with a software update.

As far as video game quality goes it is an improvement, but not as drastic as going from the PS2 to 3 or Xbox to 360. Give developers a year and I'll be it will be close to it.

Thanks for the heads up.. I liked my 360 but its wasn't my go too, mainly because my cross gen games that I loved like Final Fantasy preformed better on the ps3. My girlfriend on the other hand preferred the 360 so it got plenty of use. I might wait a year and see what comes out for it.

afar28

Anybody pick up Forza or Dead Rising 3? Are they an improvement from the last game release in their series? I loved forza 4 and 3, is 5 a big improvement? Same with DR3

Voxel

Anybody pick up Forza or Dead Rising 3? Are they an improvement from the last game release in their series? I loved forza 4 and 3, is 5 a big improvement? Same with DR3

From what I hear Dead Rising is a massive upgrade while Forza is a technological upgrade in how it handles and drives, many find it a underwhelming came from only 13 tracks and 200 cars.

bhg469

Dead rising is pretty cool but the surlove the one, the kinect however is not working well because I can only put it fairly high.. That's my fault though.

Dead rising is good, the smart glass companion app is super neat but it has a bug that it cannot close or you have to restart the game. The concept of the game is awesome but im someone who doesn't like capcoms stench on it. I like the series but my least favorite part is the count down. You can't explore in this game without punishing yourself. I truly dislike that feature. I strongly feel this is Japanese game devolpers influencing a great concept.

Uncle Lupe

I should have preordered one to sell. As an incentive to work Thanksgiving or Black Friday we get %25 discount an entire purchase. If I knew that was going to happen I could have made a nice profit.

Uncle Lupe

It sucks that some of the best games, at least graphically, take a while to be released. Most launch titles are just ports or slight revamps of last generation titles. To have a launch title ready developers don't have time to use the full potential of the machine.

bhg469

Your friend sucks
I have no problem with that. Pre orders were plentiful, if people wanted one they had their chance. I do however hope people who resell lose money... I thought about if for a second then i realized all the effort anticipation would be wasted. Does that make sense? Lol!

bhg469

So now it's ok to fleece them because someone was opportunistic and in doing so further hurt the supply issues? Pfft. It's scalping - nothing less.
I hope they take a loss but they pre ordered they can do what they want. This isn't government cheese or war rations, its a game console.

Edit: I think its worth noting, since you mentioned scalping. I work in the ticketing industry, some of our tools are in use by Disney. Scalping is obviously a problem and I think they're a lower form of life but they are making money legally. Then stub hub came along and they Ade lots of money, So much so, that ticket master made the NFL ticket exchange. Its is scalping with a fee. Its sucky but all legal.

Last edited:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
It sucks that some of the best games, at least graphically, take a while to be released. Most launch titles are just ports or slight revamps of last generation titles. To have a launch title ready developers don't have time to use the full potential of the machine.
You are correct, but that is kind of inevitable with a console launch. Developers are dealing with Alpha or Beta hardware at best during development making "just a little better" about as good as you are going to get. The same was true when the 360 and PS3s launched. Just look at COD:2 vs COD:Ghosts on the 360. It is almost like they were not even on the same system.

bhg469

You are correct, but that is kind of inevitable with a console launch. Developers are dealing with Alpha or Beta hardware at best during development making "just a little better" about as good as you are going to get. The same was true when the 360 and PS3s launched. Just look at COD:2 vs COD:Ghosts on the 360. It is almost like they were not even on the same system.
I'm pretty happy with the upscaling and can't wait to see some next gen projects in a year. Bf4 is amazingly crisp on my TV and I wasn't expecting much.

Uncle Lupe

Until somebody releases the Simpsons arcade game on a home console or reboots Mutant League Football/Hockey I do not pay much attention to the new systems.
1. So on the Xbox can you alter the default voice commands?
2. While a game is being played can you run into the room a shout "Xbox off" and turn off someones console?
3. Does the Xbox listen for key words and report that activity to the NSA?

Voxel

Until somebody releases the Simpsons arcade game on a home console or reboots Mutant League Football/Hockey I do not pay much attention to the new systems.
2. While a game is being played can you run into the room a shout "Xbox off" and turn off someones console?

I don't own an Xbox one but hear are my answer based on my GF who has one.
1) No, not that we have discovered.
2)This hasn't happened yet, but getting to loud while playing a game can cause the Xbox to react and do things you didn't mean to.
3) While Xbox has patents to use the Kinect like this (Then again so do Apple,Sony, and other companies) there is no known answer where or not this is happening, but I am going to say no because Microsoft doesn't want to risk Xbox (This is Balmer's baby and has been fighting to keep the Board from trying to sell off Xbox)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
1. No.
2. I have tried and could not get it to do it. It might be possible, but I have yet to get it to do it.
3. THe black helicopters have yet to show up.

bhg469

Regarding #2 my wife ran in the room aand yelled Xbox off and she did it loud and feast. It never did a thing. You have to speak fairly dor it to work.

WED99

Simpsons arcade is available on iPhone and maybe Android (not sure exactly) if you wanted to play it non-stop. I doubt it will ever come to home consoles.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom