The New Wonders of Life

ShoalFox

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
This is Part 1.2 of my Epcot plans, and to be honest I don't really have anything after this since the only two concepts I wrote about were this and UoE. I started one for New Horizons, but didn't get further than two sentences. This concept is based on one I wrote in 2013, but updated to meet my own standards. Here goes nothing!
WONDERS OF LIFE presented by Florida Blue

The pavilion is finally reopened with a new sponsor after sitting relatively unnoticed as the Festival Center for a decade. Except for the DNA mobile hanging from the ceiling, the entire interior of the dome will be gutted of the 1989 circus and receive a more modern theme reminiscent of The Land’s 2005 renovations, but featuring a color scheme of blues, blacks, and purples. The cast members will also receive new costumes featuring this color scheme. The pavilion’s exterior will receive a new sign proudly showing off the new look and sponsorship. A series of high powered water fountains will be installed where the 1989 DNA tower stood.

Scattered throughout the halls of the revamped Wonders of Life will be various exhibits to test guests’ senses, including taste. To test sight, a series of high tech optical illusions will be installed. Touch will be tested using various textures on display along with objects of varying temperatures. To test hearing, the old Sensory Funhouse exhibit “Audio Antics” will be vastly expanded and given its own show where the Birth Theater was once located. Surround sound speakers will be installed and through a combination of clever audio and visual cues, guests’ ears will be deceived.

Taste and smell will not be tested, per se, but instead sold at the pavilion’s new food court: Neat Treats. Neat Treats’s menu will include the return of the world famous Wonder Waffle, a large variety of salads featuring vegetables from The Land, and an overall healthier selection of food and drink compared to the rest of Epcot. The pavilion shop will sell athletic apparel and accessories adorned with designs from Disney characters, Walt Disney World, and the Wonders of Life itself.

The building that housed Cranium Command will be expanded to feature two theaters for improved capacity. While a new show is in development, the original 1989 version of Cranium Command will be played for nostalgic reasons. The new show, once completed, will feature Buzzy working in cooperation with the five emotions from Pixar’s Inside Out. Hilarity ensues.

The new Body Wars will start with a completely new and modern queue themed like a research hospital consisting of mostly whites and subtle blues. The new story line of the ride takes guests to various locations of the ride randomly, similar to Star Tours 2. Each story will have different corresponding motions programmed so guests have an incentive to keep riding and get to every part of the body. Each story will also have enough educational aspects thrown in to ensure guests know what’s going on. The new Body Wars will exit into an area based around vaccines. This area will explain the history of vaccines, why they work and why you should get them, and future vaccines in development.

The pavilion’s VIP lounge will be opened to guests who either have Florida Blue insurance or work for the company and will have a blue and white color scheme similar to Body Wars’s queue.

In the area that once housed Goofy About Health, Habit Heroes from Innoventions will be reopened to encourage guests to stay healthy and exercise. Where the Anacomical Theater once was will now play host to an entirely new comedy stage show about parts of the body. Though the concept is similar to the old show, the jokes will be modern.
I don't have as much connection to Wonders as I do with Universe of Energy because it closed before I became obsessed with the parks and my only possible memories would be from before I was six years old. I hope I was able to do the old pavilion justice despite never experiencing the original firsthand.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom