The Necromancer: Reviving my Old Ideas

The90skid

Original Poster
Whatsup peeps! It's been over a year since I was active over here, but "the old itch came back" (200 points to whoever can name the reference) so now, I would like to revisit my old, abandoned ideas. Kind of like a mini-nostalgia trip! Feel free to hit me up in the thread! Old memories, special requests, general catch up and fraternization. Glad to be back! Stay tuned for my revisitations ;)

The90skid

Original Poster
I think the thread title speaks for itself! :rolleyes: KISS is a band with so much charisma and silliness that I think they should definitely have the coaster! Plus, you gotta admit, their songs are pretty dang catchy too. :cool: I wanted to use this idea for my weekly thread "With a smile and a song...", but I had another idea that I liked even better (which ya'll should totally check out!), so I wanted to make a thread for this idea as well as for other ideas for changing Rock'n Roller Coaster. Any thoughts?

Wow! So this was my first thread on the forums?

Recommended listening for this commentary:

I have to say...reading this thread and my earliest posts on the forums made me cringe a little on the inside. However, that's not to say that I don't believe this idea still has merit. Very simply, from my own biased perspective, I don't see Aerosmith as particularly attraction worthy; there is nothing special or unique about Aerosmith!

Now, before the Aero-heads tell me to "Walk This Way" and get on the band wagon, let me give you a demonstration.

Which of the following pictures makes you think of a theme park (be completely honest with yourself)?

aerobaby-aerosmith-32809328-1600-1347.jpg

kiss-2.jpg

If you said Exhibit A,
trump-you-are-fake-news-animated-gif.gif

KISS's image practically screams theme park. The outrageous costumes, their boisterous shows, Gene Simmons's tongue, you get the idea! Rock 'n' Roller Coaster barely fits into Hollywood Studios anyway, so why not make it more fun (but then again, what does fit in Hollywood Studios these days?)
mzl.wgolaetq.jpg

Let me clarify that I don't dislike Aerosmith (however, bias alert, I do prefer KISS). I simply don't think Aerosmith would fit well in any theme park. From a big picture perspective, Aerosmith is as standard as rock bands get. When KISS walks on stage, even if you've never seen KISS you won't forget them!
i2g4g.jpg

Last edited:

The90skid

Original Poster
Stay tuned here for my upcoming ride for Lady and the Tramp! I plan on putting a lot of effort into this ride and my walk-through of it, and I welcome any feedback you all will have for me! Also, feel free to throw some ideas here for a Lady and the Tramp ride, and I may use it in my final idea. Thanks, pals, and keep on Imagineering! :D

I think I want the queue to be the Darling's House, but it depends on the direction that I end up taking with this ride. Currently, I have two big ideas of what I want to do:

1. Create a boat ride Lady and the Tramp ride that highlights the portion of the movie between Lady getting the muzzle taken off and her being sent to the pound. This part of the movie is where Tramp takes Lady out for a "date night", starting at Tony's with the famous spaghetti scene and ending with a romantic evening through a beautiful park. This version of the ride would have a very romantic tone, unlike anything that we have seen in a Disney park. I would want this version to be like a "Tunnel of Love" type indoor ride with jaw-dropping scenery. This ride would rely far less on animatronics and more so on creating an emotion through visuals.
  2. Create a trackless dark ride that loosely follows the story of the whole movie. This version, on the surface, seems more simple, but it would actually be a little complicated. Most Disney dark rides work because they are able to show a lot of action with many different characters. The problem with Lady and the Tramp is that the whole movie revolves around very few characters: Lady, Tramp, Jim Dear, Darling, Jacques, Trusty, and the dogs at the pound.
With the first approach, I envision the ride vehicles to be simple boats that could float down a gentle stream in a park; nothing too fancy. With the second approach, my first thought is for the ride vehicles to resemble horse-drawn carriages, similar to those used in the movie time period and location (early 1900's in New England).

As I post this, I just finished watching the whole movie and taking notes on it, and I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised. I had not seen Lady and the Tramp in quite a while, and I had forgotten how truly charming this movie is. The music is wonderful, the animation still looks fantastic, and the story is so adorable (I mean, its dogs falling in love! How much cuter can you get?). If you haven't seen this movie in a while, I highly recommend it.

Wow. I have to say - this is the second time I am writing this post. The first time, the nostalgia and emotions overwhelmed me (just kidding, the website froze on me and I lost all my work :banghead:)

However, I did get a little worked up over this idea. See, after my extended leave of absence on the forums, this idea never left my mind. Every now and then it would crop up and tell me, "Hey! you never finished me! I have such potential!" In my humble opinion, of all of my ideas on the forums, this was the best, and it was definitely my personal favorite concept.

If I were to complete this ride (and I will), I would go with option "1" I had listed way back in the day. I love the concept of a Disney ride totally based on romantic love; to my knowledge, it is still an idea that hasn't really been fleshed out on these forums (if I am wrong, please link me to the ideas!). I would want this ride to be like the old-school, carnival Tunnel of Love rides. In fact, I had also imagined a park designed entirely on the themes of Main Street USA and Paradise Pier in which I think this ride would stylistically fit.

Lady and the Tramp may not be Disney's best movie, but gosh darn it, if you get a chance, re-watch it! The charm it exudes is so strong. And, come on, the scene at Tony's has got to be in any top 10 list of most memorable Disney movie scenes -

lady-and-the-tramp-screen.jpg

In fact, this video on YouTube perfectly matches the scenes that I would want in this ride:

Just bury yourself in the gorgeous artwork, the charming atmosphere, the harmonies, the old-school choir harmonies in the second half. Folks, they just don't write music like this anymore!

original.jpeg

And at 2:20 in the video, you can see my ride vehicle of choice: Swan Boats! Just like the Tunnel of Love rides from yester-year. Maybe it's just me, but I can close my eyes and envision the mood, feel, and tone of this attraction easily. I would also use parts of the lush orchestration from the overture from the film throughout the ride and in the queue:

I would have the queue and boarding area of the ride be closely adjoined to Tony's Restaurant (very similar to the Blue Bayou in Disneyland as it looks over Pirate's). The ride would be completely enclosed almost exactly like the beginning of Pirate's in DL, with a false night sky throughout:

bluebayou.jpeg

Just imagine Tony strolling around with his accordion and Joe with his mandolin, wandering the restaurant, serenading guests. The highlight of this restaurant would be a miniature live show, with a trained Cocker Spaniel and a mutt for Tramp, who come out to eat some spaghetti as Tony and Joe play "Belle Notte" around a pup sized table!
The ride would meander around the restaurant, coming to an animatronic scene in an alley with Lady and Tramp enjoying their meal with Tony and Joe's rendition of "Bella Notte." Then, as the ride rounds the corner through a small black tunnel, the ceiling would open up to a night sky in a gorgeous New England park (1:40 in the first video). The orchestration softly continues in the background, as riders are treated to Lady and Tramp's late night date: paw drawing in drying cement (1:48), chasing fireflies in the trees (2:00), pass under the bridge as Lady and Tramp cross over watching swans and lilies in the water (2:12), culminating with a shot of the full moon with silhouette statues of lovers gazing at the night sky with Lady and Tramp on a distant hillside (2:40, picture above). With a little Disney magic (clever placement of bushes and trees ;)) each scene with the puppy lovers would have their own animatronics to play their midnight shenanigans.

At the last scene, just as the boat enters a dark tunnel, a sign alerts riders of the Kiss Camera! And again, with a little Disney magic, the camera is positioned in such a way that the dark tunnel the boats just entered provides a natural heart shaped frame for the shot!

The exit queue would, of course, take you to the gift shop in the dog pound, with instrumental versions of "He's a Tramp" and other similar jazz tunes to entertain you as you look at your Kiss Cam photos and buy other Lady and the Tramp merchandise. The cages in the dog pound gift shop would house animatronics of the dogs tapping their tails and howling along to the music! :) This way, we get to enjoy the fun scenes in the pound too (which in the movie actually aren't so fun because Lady was captured by the dog catcher).

A fitting way to re-acclimate the lovers to the fun feel of a Disney park!

Wow. Typing this out was so much fun! This was the perfect way to relax in the hotel for my business trip. I'm actually glad that the website crashed with my first version. Retyping a lot of this made me really solidify my ideas! I hope you all enjoy it!

HOWEVER...
This ride needs a name! Help me out in the comments with your feedback and name suggestions!! :happy:

The90skid

Original Poster
So this was an idea I just thought of. I have no idea if it would work or just be stupid!

This would be similar to Viking river cruises. As opposed to a traditional cruise ship, these would be much smaller vessels made to go down rivers. The theme would (obviously) be the jungle cruise skippers are now making tours all around the world! Imagine being on an actual boat ride with the Jungle Cruise theming and cast members! It would be like going on real adventures with the folks from the Adventurers club and the Society of Explorers and Adventurers. What do ya'll think?

Nice take on the attraction! Interested to see where this goes...

Well, I was kind of hoping for some input, actually! I just thought of the idea today at work and wanted to type it out so I did not forget it!

Oh...:p Well in that case lemme think about it and get back to you!:D

Ahem, @spacemt354, you have had plenty of time to think about this attraction... still waiting on that feedback!

But in all seriousness, this idea was really not hashed out on my part. I love the Disney Cruises. I have been on both of the larger ships, the Dream and the Fantasy, and I love them both! It's like all of the fun of going to a Disney park but, for a refreshing twist, you get to be lazy!!!

However, if I was to have one major criticism of the Disney Cruise Line, it would be its overreliance on the Pirates themes. I have heard that there was a Marvel themed cruise, but as much as I like the Avengers, I think that seems like a silly theme for a cruise in the Caribbean (or for that matter anywhere). Besides, even with the extensive use of pirate entertainment, they don't even have a decent Pirate themed restaurant!

So with that, I want to revisit this idea. Introducing the newest venture for DCL: Disney Jungle Cruises! In the same vein as Viking River Cruises, take the fun of Disney down the navigable waterways of the world with the Society of Explorers and Adventures! I would envision these ships' interiors to be themed like the Adventurer's club was back in the day; maybe even with some of the same props!

The atrium could look something like this:

a3bbef6bab5c53e2fdc33b3ae99ceb01.jpg

And, of course, there would have to be themed dining areas and bars to bring back the entertainment and animatronics that made the club so fun!
21ff-1.jpg

So let's get the party train going! Imma go head to the buffet line on this Love Boat, and when I get back, I expect some progress, Armchair Imagineers! I'm going to assume that the Lady and the Tramp Attraction blew your minds so much that you literally forgot to give any feedback at all, right ;)?

...right guys :cry:?

Disney Dad 3000

Ahem, @spacemt354, you have had plenty of time to think about this attraction... still waiting on that feedback!

But in all seriousness, this idea was really not hashed out on my part. I love the Disney Cruises. I have been on both of the larger ships, the Dream and the Fantasy, and I love them both! It's like all of the fun of going to a Disney park but, for a refreshing twist, you get to be lazy!!!

However, if I was to have one major criticism of the Disney Cruise Line, it would be its overreliance on the Pirates themes. I have heard that there was a Marvel themed cruise, but as much as I like the Avengers, I think that seems like a silly theme for a cruise in the Caribbean (or for that matter anywhere). Besides, even with the extensive use of pirate entertainment, they don't even have a decent Pirate themed restaurant!

So with that, I want to revisit this idea. Introducing the newest venture for DCL: Disney Jungle Cruises! In the same vein as Viking River Cruises, take the fun of Disney down the navigable waterways of the world with the Society of Explorers and Adventures! I would envision these ships' interiors to be themed like the Adventurer's club was back in the day; maybe even with some of the same props!

The atrium could look something like this:

a3bbef6bab5c53e2fdc33b3ae99ceb01.jpg

And, of course, there would have to be themed dining areas and bars to bring back the entertainment and animatronics that made the club so fun!
21ff-1.jpg

So let's get the party train going! Imma go head to the buffet line on this Love Boat, and when I get back, I expect some progress, Armchair Imagineers! I'm going to assume that the Lady and the Tramp Attraction blew your minds so much that you literally forgot to give any feedback at all, right ;)?

...right guys :cry:?

First off, thanks for getting thst song in my head. That and 3s company tunes were always a running joke I had with some friends and I love them. I imagine most on here aren't old enough to have been able to appreciate that show. I miss tv shows putting together memorable openings but I digress.
This is an interesting idea. A viking cruise in Europe is on my bucket list since I've only done it by land when I'm there. I have been on a couple of disney cruises.
I don't know if I'm 100% sold on this, but I think there will be disney cruise fanatics that would eat it up. The thing about the viking cruises is you are not at sea non stop where you need entertainment and distractions. In most cases you are going through some amaxing scenery and making frequent stops, especially in europe., and I think those types of cruisers may want something a little more relaxed/luxurious without all the fun animatronics, etc. I could be completely off though.
As I said though, I think there will be a % of the disney cruise population that would love this. You could really incorporate it into the entire cruise. As part of the cruise package give guests a guide to each of the cities you visit that somehow incorporates the explorers theme into visiting and finding various attractions, museums, etc that would add to the experience. Not that you want a bunch of crazy Americans running all over a town snapping selfies for a game, but something that gives a little adventure to go along with educating on what there is to see and do.

The90skid

Original Poster
First off, thanks for getting thst song in my head. That and 3s company tunes were always a running joke I had with some friends and I love them. I imagine most on here aren't old enough to have been able to appreciate that show. I miss tv shows putting together memorable openings but I digress.
This is an interesting idea. A viking cruise in Europe is on my bucket list since I've only done it by land when I'm there. I have been on a couple of disney cruises.
I don't know if I'm 100% sold on this, but I think there will be disney cruise fanatics that would eat it up. The thing about the viking cruises is you are not at sea non stop where you need entertainment and distractions. In most cases you are going through some amaxing scenery and making frequent stops, especially in europe., and I think those types of cruisers may want something a little more relaxed/luxurious without all the fun animatronics, etc. I could be completely off though.
As I said though, I think there will be a % of the disney cruise population that would love this. You could really incorporate it into the entire cruise. As part of the cruise package give guests a guide to each of the cities you visit that somehow incorporates the explorers theme into visiting and finding various attractions, museums, etc that would add to the experience. Not that you want a bunch of crazy Americans running all over a town snapping selfies for a game, but something that gives a little adventure to go along with educating on what there is to see and do.
I can dig it! What if, since like you said guests rarely spend extended periods of time onboard, the theming was more SEA oriented and less about the Adventurer's club antics? More refined with an old-school "Around the World in 80 Days" decorative style? that way, for the fans, the theming is there, but for the casual travelers it's not so in your face. Or just have the actor/entertainers out and about for just one night of the cruise or maybe just in the dining area

The90skid

Original Poster
Yo yo yo peeps!

It's been quite sometime since I have been active on the forums, but I had a nice light bulb of inspiration thanks to Zootopia (which, IMO is a wonderful movie. 10/10)

Let's design a float using imagery and characters from the movie! Obviously, if you have not seen the movie yet, this may be difficult, but I am looking forward to the ideas that we can come up with! Who knows, I may try to sketch out some things to post using inspiration from you all.

Cheers!

Gazelle is at the top singing "Try Everything", surrounded by Zootopian buildings and their distinct shapes. Meanwhile, Judy is waving to the crowd as Nick is hiding behind her. One may notice Clawhauser at the back, watching Gazelle (or better yet, he comes just after the float). You can also see a portrait of Chief Bogo.

I can imagine Tokyo Disneyland to create a great float for Zootopia if they ever make one in the future for Tokyo Disneyland Electrical Parade Dreamlights since the parade adds in and removes floats every few years. I can imagine the small police car Judy rides in to be the first half of the Zootopia section.
I don't have a whole lot to add to this idea. I still think Zootopia is a great movie! Personally, I would have a float very similar to @Miru 's idea. Or maybe Zootopia is deserving of its own dark ride? I don't know! I feel like Zootopia is a strong enough movie to have its own ride, so why not? Let me know what you think!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom