The Music of WDW

tmstephe

Original Poster
So I'm sitting at my desk on a beautiful, sunny day and dreaming of WDW. Of course I love remembering the rides and the food and that distinct smell of the water... but one thing that really adds to the atmosphere is the music. What area music (for the sake of argument let's avoid movie show tunes) really transports you to WDW? Here are a few of my favorites:

Innoventions:

Soarin':

Animal Kingdom oasis:

Pirates:

POR busses:

What are your favorites?

Last edited:

mickeysshoes

I miss DTunes too!:( I came across D-Cot and it definitely fills the DTunes void for the most part. Definitely check it out! ;)

i love the Jungle Cruise queue music and the Magical Express loop.

I will have to check it out. Thanks. I almost forgot about the Magical Express loop. Like that one also.

Gomer

Tomorrowland, Innoventions, and Frontierland are my favorite loops. I used to include main street in here, but for some reason the new recording doesn’t have the same appeal as it used to for me. It’s still good and maybe its nostalgia talking, but the new loop just doesn’t hit me the same way.

Soarin and Pirates have great queue music.

AKL has the best hotel lobby music in my personal opinion. WL a close second.
Reflections of China has a nice score. And say what you want about the changes to the attraction, but Spaceship Earth always has good music in all its iterations.

Marc Gil

d-cot.com and YouTube are my Disney Parks music destinations. My favorite park tune is the Ellen's Energy Adventure Theme and The Hollywood Blvd music loop in DHS.

Bowler Hat Girl

Innoventions area and Soarin are definitely some favorites. Also the non-movie POTC area music (movie music is nice but reminds me of the movies, not WDW). The music from the Jeremy Irons version of SSE (especially the top and descending music). From the resorts, I love Tiger Rag and Joe Avery from the Port Orleans resorts and Baba from Animal Kingdom Lodge. Those make me feel like I'm home again. And when I'm having a rough day, I take a few minutes to stop what I'm doing and listen to some old monorail narrations. That's kind of my go-to for a pick-me-up. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom