The Music of Pixar Live! coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios this summer

tissandtully

Is this the same show that ran at Dr. Phillips Theater a couple years back? It was named exactly the same. They recently did Harry Potter too there, it was awesome.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Pixar movies frequently have beautiful orchestral music with themes that are readily recognizable (the song "Married Life" from "Up" [basically the main theme first shown during the beginning montage] and the song "Nemo's Egg" from "Finding Nemo" [basically the main theme first shown on the title screen] especially comes to mind). I've paid to go to similar orchestral performances (they have a music of Legend of Zelda tour that comes around which just makes my gamer side giddy and I've gone to movies where they had the orchestration played by a live orchestra [Jurassic Park like that was crazy amazing]) so I would readily go to this!

Only concern would be if the music of Fantasmic will in anyway be loud enough to be heard during this, or will they strategically time this to NOT be going on during Fantasmic?

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Is this the same show that ran at Dr. Phillips Theater a couple years back? It was named exactly the same. They recently did Harry Potter too there, it was awesome.

Same promotional art too... but I believe that was called "Pixar in Concert" (if you want to get technical). Hopefully, it's done in a similar fashion too (utilizing a large movie screen to project corresponding clips from the movies along with the music).

jrhwdw

Two things about this are a shame-
1- Its limited time
2- This is not fully replacing B&tB
Sorry but I don;t think it should. BATB is only 1 of 3 Orginal WDW shows left at DHS along with p
VOLM and Jones. Plus with the new movie doing well(so far), I think It will be around a while.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom