The Muppets team with Lady Gaga and RuPaul for holiday special

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Will she wear this -
lady-gaga-kermit.jpg

erasure fan1

While I could think of whole lot of people I would rather see the Muppets do a holiday special with, this really doesn't bother me. I agree with Matt
Did anyone complaining about this ever EVER watch the Muppet Show? Alice Cooper, Elton John, Phyllis Diller, Doug Henning, just to name a few?
The Muppets had shows with a lot of the biggest stars of the time, and like it or not, Lady Gaga is a pretty big star. Its not as much about who is in the specials, but more about how well it is written. For me it is a lot like Avatar land. While I thought the movie was very average, if the land is well done and the AAA ride is amazing, then I will be happy even though I am not a big Avatar fan. So if this special holds on to the Muppet charm and wit, and is well done, then I can look past Gaga and Rupaul.

Matt_Black

Well, I picked who I picked not because of their star power but because those performers are/ were very flamboyant, and some people choose Gaga's flamboyance as a point of criticism.

Minthorne

I just heard that Miss Piggy's number is 'Applesauce' as a parody of applause. She lives for the apple sauce, the sauce, the sauce...

Ok just me having a Muppet show moment.

Matt_Black

Cross-dressing for laughs is an old cartoon trope, and nobody did it better than Bugs Bunny. There's a bit of a difference between G-rated she-nanigans and RuPaul, however. Ever seen his act? I have.

I would like to point out that the voice actor for Pleakley, Kevin MacDonald, was a member of The Kids in the Hall, a comedy troupe known for dressing as women.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom