The Muppets Present… Great Moments in American History'

The Empress Lilly

I think the Muppets fit the theme of the MK and Liberty Square just fine. This is no different than

2011-11-15-12-14-14-2.jpg

CH1188-001.jpg

Which is different than

Holidays-Around-the-World-at-Epcot_Full_9208.jpg

Fife-and-Drum-Corps-American-Adventure-Epcot-Walt-Disney-World.jpg
I'd kill for any of these in Liberty Square!

The Muppets, nah. I'd rather they stayed out. I can't even pinpoint exactly why. Something to do with tone and character of LS.

This feels like the Tiki Room Under New Management all over again. Classic Disney that is mistakenly believed to be outdated and in need of outside help to make it fun and more accessible.

Princess Leia

They're clearly trying this out as a perm replacement of hall of presidents.
Politics have become so divisive and respect of office regardless of who is in office has become so diminished they are going to replace it with something far more palatable like the muppets. Disney is out of the business of trying to inspire awe about anything besides Disney properties.
Yeah... I don't see Hall of Presidents going away anytime soon, even though in about 10 months time (my guess as to when the new AA will be installed), we'll be hearing nothing but "I'm boycotting the HoP because _____ was elected".

Turtle

So will this show use live puppet performers or animatronics or those really creepy anthropomorphic M&G suits? What's the deal? A bit confused on the show.

Excited for more Muppets in the parks, although I'd prefer it to be in DHS.

Princess Leia

Just happened to think of this- is there seating in this area, or will it be standing room only? I'm guessing it will be the latter, since the shows are so short.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom