The Muppets Present… Great Moments in American History'

Mike S

I don't know why you're so upset by something you haven't even seen yet. As others have rightly pointed out, Muppets have just as much right to be in Liberty Square as any other Disney character. Don't knock it til you've seen it. And why do you assume they won't be appropriately costumed?

Are you equally disturbed by any of the other characters that appear outside? Do you come close to apoplexy at the sight of Woody and Jessie doing their shtick in Frontierland?
The Disney characters that deserve to be in Liberty Square the most would be Ichabod Crane and the Headless Horseman. Alas, Disney can't be bothered to do something that makes so much sense.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Where did you dig that up? According to Wiki, Jim Henson (American) debuted the Muppets on a local Washington DC TV show in 1955.
The muppet show first aired on ATV ( now ITV ) in the UK in 75/76 after american networks turned them down. I didn't know they were featured previous to that. My bad .

Cmdr_Crimson

The Disney characters that deserve to be in Liberty Square the most would be Ichabod Crane and the Headless Horseman. Alas, Disney can't be bothered to do something that makes so much sense.

Amos would have been better.....
tve8132-19531110-2244.jpg

NobodyElse

Jim Henson's Creature is shop is located in London England. It's where the majority of Muppet Fabrication and Creation is located..

When the guy said "came from Britain" I assumed he was referring to the Muppets origins. Anyway, for more information about current operations:

CONTACT JIM HENSON'S CREATURE SHOP
Jeremy Nocon
Vice President of Business Development
Jim Henson's Creature Shop
1416 N. La Brea Avenue
Hollywood, CA 90028

jnocon@henson.com

323-802-1557

majortom1981

The muupet show was in britain but The Muppets themselves are american. Kermit first appeared on sam and friends on NBC in washington DC in the 50's. Rawlf was created for commercials here in the USA. The NYC studio still exists as they do the muppets for sesame street.

raymusiccity

The muupet show was in britain but The Muppets themselves are american. Kermit first appeared on sam and friends on NBC in washington DC in the 50's. Rawlf was created for commercials here in the USA. The NYC studio still exists as they do the muppets for sesame street.

I think we're approaching the 'yada, yada, yada' zone, as far as the origin of the Muppets is concerned. :)

FigmentForver96

I don't even know why people argue with the poster. He doesn't like Muppets, never has, and unfortunately for him the demise he keeps waiting for just isn't happening so hate it for him but he will get over it. People just need to learn not to engage.

Magenta Panther

That's the truth! Really wish that Headless Horseman ride had come to pass. A creepy Sleepy Hollow area would be awesome too. Ah, so many possibilities for real Americana in Liberty Square, probably never to be realized, because awkward IP intrusions are so much cheaper...

TheGhostWithTheMost

Maybe the Muppets WERE originally from Britain. You know who else was originally from Britain? The colonists in America. BOOM!
They Muppet were never british. The Muppet Show just filmed in England. The london workshop, that opened in the 80's, didn't work on the traditional Muppet characters, they build specialty and more mechanical puppets. The "Muppets" are very much from America.

Matt_Black

They Muppet were never british. The Muppet Show just filmed in England. The london workshop, that opened in the 80's, didn't work on the traditional Muppet characters, they build specialty and more mechanical puppets. The "Muppets" are very much from America.

I know that and you know that, but sometimes the only way to argue with silly is with even more silliness.

brb1006

I don't even know why people argue with the poster. He doesn't like Muppets, never has, and unfortunately for him the demise he keeps waiting for just isn't happening so hate it for him but he will get over it. People just need to learn not to engage.
But it's entertaining most of the time.

FigmentJedi

In that spirit, I'm exiting this thread. Enjoy your puppet show in Liberty Square, and the terrorist gun-toting raccoon in Epcot.
Gotta lump all your enemies in the same group huh? The wicked Muppet fans surely must also be in unanimous support of the actual cancer that is Disney's parks usage of Marvel because they're all part of the eeeevil syndicate of acquired properties ruining Disney.

Oh and Happy Jim Henson Day

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom