Pre-Trip The MUCH NEEDED Mommy Solo Getaway Trip!

Hi guys! I've been a long time reader here, but I thought it was time for me to share one of my trips! My family and I are Annual Passholders, as we live just next door in Tampa. Whenever I get a chance to have a mommy getaway, I always go to Disney! I also always try to do a few new things each time I go. Here are the details!

Who: Me, Myself, and I. I've done multiple solo trips in the past, and I absolutely LOVE them!!

When: Sept. 14th-17th 4 days/3nights

Where: I was all booked to stay at the All Star Movie Resort, when I saw that the POP CENTURY resort just recently had an amazing refurb!!! I know I'm not guaranteed a new refurbed room, but I'm feeling lucky! I also requested one of the buildings that are all done, so I think I have a good chance!

DAY 1

Thursday, Sept 14th- I plan on driving directly to Pop Century in the early AM, leaving my car, and taking the bus to Hollywood Studios for EMH!! I'll be experiencing the last 4 remaining rides they have left, and will be missing GMR something terrible. I do have an ADR at my all time FAVORITE WDW restaurant: Sci Fi Dine In!!! I can't wait!!

After getting into my room mid day, I plan on venturing back out! This time, I'll be taking the bus to EPCOT, where I plan on enjoying Soarin', LWTL, the Food & Wine Festival, as well as the "Plain White T's" concert for the "Eat To The Beat" series!!

DAY 2

Friday, Sept 15th- Today will be MAGIC KINGDOM ALL DAY- including a HUGE FIRST for me..."Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party" at night!! It's been a dream of mine to attend the Halloween party for YEARS, and I can't believe I'll actually be able to go this year!!

I'll be starting the day with early EMH at MK, riding Mine Train, Space, BTMR, and some other favs! I have a lunch ADR at "Be Our Guest", which is another fav of mine!! SO GOOD! I'll be taking a mid day break before coming back at 4pm to enjoy the PARTY!!!

DAY 3

Saturday, Sept 16th- I definitely plan on sleeping in a bit today after the Halloween party! When I do get out, I'm planning on heading to EPCOT again to enjoy more attractions, including FROZEN!

After a mid day break, I plan on spending the evening at MAGIC KINGDOM, so I can see the new "Happily Ever After" nighttime show for the first time!!

DAY 4

Sunday, Sept 17th- CHECK OUT DAY! After packing up and checking out, I plan on taking the bus to ANIMAL KINGDOM, where PANDORA awaits!!! This will be my first time experiencing the new addition, and I DO have a FP+ for "Flight Of Passage!!" I can't wait to see it all! I'll be driving back home to Tampa when my AK adventure is over for the day.

I hope to share my trip with all of you if anyone is interested!! So much magic awaits!

Attachments

• IMG_1615.JPG
    IMG_1615.JPG
    96 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_1614.JPG
    IMG_1614.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 77

star77kc1

Original Poster
Sounds like a great time. I'm always a bit jealous of all the solo trips I read about. Someday I would love to go on one and go at my own pace. Have a wonderful time. Only 37 days to go! :D We arrive the same day. :happy:
I hope you get to take a solo trip one day! Let's face it though, solo, or with a group...Disney is always awesome. Have a super magical trip! Yay us!

amjt660

Premium Member
I definitely agree with you. Even though a solo trip would be great, I love it with family. So many memories. :happy:
I found that when I was by myself I did often think about how much my youngest would like this, or my oldest would like that.

HOWEVER.....

I did not have a single "discussion" on what to do next, where to eat AND
only had to stop for a "rest" 4 times all day

With a DW and two DD that is usually the first 2 hours of the day!!!!!!
#smallbladders

Max

star77kc1

Original Poster
Count me in
Following along

I have done two solo trips in Japan but always been with someone at WDW
Sounds like a great trip

Max
WOW!! Disney in Japan! I bet that was an amazing experience!! I also love my solo trips! I agree it's so much fun sharing it with our spouses and children, but on the other hand, it sure is nice going at your own pace, and doing whatever, whenever you want at Disney! I love both family and solo trips for different reasons. That being said- I am beyond excited for this solo trip coming up!

wdwfamilynh

Oh! And just a little about myself...I've been a stay at home mom for the past 6 years for my G/B twins! They are about to start Kindergarten, and I'll be going back to school to finish my Bachelors Degree! So this trip is kind of a celebration of both those things!
You certainly derserve to celebrate! Good luck juggling it all...but I have a feeling you'll do just fine!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom