The "mourning the loss of the Adventurers Club" Thread is here....

hardcard

Wow, so many people here eager to rain on others parades. Don't be rude, let people have their hopes. You might feel the same way about something someday, and most of us will not seek to make you feel worse about it.

as soon as horizons is back, I'll feel better about AC's chances...

My point is.. why get your hopes up? It's closed, Disney has stated it will never re-open.. some props and show items have been removed from the building and the entire cast has been disbanded.. Granted, those things could be overcome.. but why would you think that possible? because of a rumor on a fan site? It's not going to happen.. they pulled all of the signage down for a reason.. You think they'll put it back up for a couple of weeks? It's not economical and not practical to restock all of those clubs for 'just a few holiday weeks'...

My advice is to remember AC as it was, and not harp on being miserable about it being gone... Thats what I've done with Horizons, sure I miss it.. But I know it's gone... but certainly not forgotten.

Have your hope, but don't have false hope.. The way this story ends is dozens of AC fans get their hopes up and then start "Why did Disney not reopen the clubs?" after it never happens...and complaining about the fact that it never reopened.. etc ,etc...

This has happened time and again.. a false, baseless rumor starts and reality passes it by.. then everyone blames disney... well.. thats hard to pin on them, since they never announced anything..

If the destiny of the clubs is set in stone (and it seems to be) then I wish the wrecking ball (I know, shame on me) would just get it over with.....

and please, don't take it personally... and I know thats hard, as I have been passionate about things that have changed at the parks in the past.. but Disney doesn't disregard your opinion.. They don't claim that your patronage and feelings on matters like this does matter..... It's just the simple fact that the profit margin matters more.

:slurp:

dmagickingdom

as soon as horizons is back, I'll feel better about AC's chances...

My point is.. why get your hopes up? It's closed, Disney has stated it will never re-open.. some props and show items have been removed from the building and the entire cast has been disbanded.. Granted, those things could be overcome.. but why would you think that possible? because of a rumor on a fan site? It's not going to happen.. they pulled all of the signage down for a reason.. You think they'll put it back up for a couple of weeks? It's not economical and not practical to restock all of those clubs for 'just a few holiday weeks'...

My advice is to remember AC as it was, and not harp on being miserable about it being gone... Thats what I've done with Horizons, sure I miss it.. But I know it's gone... but certainly not forgotten.

Have your hope, but don't have false hope.. The way this story ends is dozens of AC fans get their hopes up and then start "Why did Disney not reopen the clubs?" after it never happens...and complaining about the fact that it never reopened.. etc ,etc...

This has happened time and again.. a false, baseless rumor starts and reality passes it by.. then everyone blames disney... well.. thats hard to pin on them, since they never announced anything..

If the destiny of the clubs is set in stone (and it seems to be) then I wish the wrecking ball (I know, shame on me) would just get it over with.....

and please, don't take it personally... and I know thats hard, as I have been passionate about things that have changed at the parks in the past.. but Disney doesn't disregard your opinion.. They don't claim that your patronage and feelings on matters like this does matter..... It's just the simple fact that the profit margin matters more.

I am condemning Disney until they close Buzz Lightyear and put Take Flight back. How dumb is Disney to close stuff people like and replace it with stupid stuff like Buzz... LOL

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Wow, so many people here eager to rain on others parades. Don't be rude, let people have their hopes. You might feel the same way about something someday, and most of us will not seek to make you feel worse about it.

I agree entirely. I am one of those hoping against hope that we can get the AC back in some form. That said, I don't mind at all if people post on these threads that they believe there is no way it'll happen -- that's fair.

But to make fun of the people who hope it will happen...why? It certainly isn't productive. I suppose it must be enjoyable or satisfying to those who make those posts, but frankly, it is just mean-spirited.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
I am condemning Disney until they close Buzz Lightyear and put Take Flight back. How dumb is Disney to close stuff people like and replace it with stupid stuff like Buzz... LOL

Actually, if you could bring back "If You Had Wings", I would be very happy. That one I miss.

Mr.EPCOT

Not trying to start a fight or anything, but...

My point is.. why get your hopes up?

I don't think it is so much getting my hopes up, but just having hope in general and trying not to expect anything. It's a slight distinction, but a distinction nonetheless.

It's closed, Disney has stated it will never re-open..

I don't recall them ever saying that specifically. I could be wrong, but I think I've been fairly thorough in following all information regarding the closure.

some props and show items have been removed from the building

Pictures taken at private events within the Club after it was closed have proven otherwise.

and the entire cast has been disbanded..

Almost all still working for Disney, and supposedly still on call to come in if needed at the Club.

Granted, those things could be overcome.. but why would you think that possible? because of a rumor on a fan site? It's not going to happen.. they pulled all of the signage down for a reason.. You think they'll put it back up for a couple of weeks? It's not economical and not practical to restock all of those clubs for 'just a few holiday weeks'...

I have heard possibilities for a reopening through sources that I trust, and that's all that matters to me. It won't surprise me if it doesn't ever come back, but I won't ever stop hoping. Plus, they haven't taken any of the signs down at the actual club.

I don't take it personally, I am just trying to present my case for optimism. To be honest, I even still hold out a small hope that a version of Horizons might come back some day. Hope and optimism are just a couple of those strong qualities that that ride and all of EPCOT Center helped instill in me when I was young.

slappy magoo

MY point is, who is it hurting for some people to hold out hope? Is there anything in your day that can't be done because someone somewhere is wishing AC will reopen? It's not a question of you raining on anybody's parade, it's a question of you going out of your way to p*** all over the parade and tell people that it's raining.

BTW, they haven't taken down much, if any, stuff from AC, and the reason they haven't demolished it yet is because corporate functions were arranged to happen there before the decision to close PI came down.

But...you know...don't take it personally. I hate when people take things personally, though I know it's hard.

I absolutely loved the Timekeeper and Alien Encounter. But life went on. I now have little reason to endure the hassle that is transportation into the Magic Kingdon.

On the other hand, the Adventurers Club was the most unique, orginal, and interactive feature at any U.S. Disney park. I really can't fathom that a guest "doesn't get it". Those beating the "let it go drum" are simply trying to elevate themselves somehow by criticizing those of us who carry the torch. Hey, drumbeaters, you LET IT GO !!!!

Hope and the cause endure...........
progress.gif

dmagickingdom

I absolutely loved the Timekeeper and Alien Encounter. But life went on. I now have little reason to endure the hassle that is transportation into the Magic Kingdon.

On the other hand, the Adventurers Club was the most unique, orginal, and interactive feature at any U.S. Disney park. I really can't fathom that a guest "doesn't get it". Those beating the "let it go drum" are simply trying to elevate themselves somehow by criticizing those of us who carry the torch. Hey, drumbeaters, you LET IT GO !!!!

Hope and the cause endure...........
progress.gif

that is a great point...i believe it can be summed up like this....there is no need for the haters to hate it, and no need for the supporters to push it in everyone's faces, (not saying it's happening, after all this is a AC club post) Everyone has their opinions and can voice them in a proper manner to each other. We all have things we LOVE or LOVED at Disney that we would rather see open still. The fact is, it is closed and will likely NOT ever reopen but even if a boxer is on his last leg and defeat is inevitable, he still fights until the bell. I guess the bell in this case would be the wrecking ball. Support your cause and the "haters" I don't think hate AC, they just hate seeing a massive amount of energy put into something that most people outside the box already know is over and done regardless of the effort. However just as some have said, there is still a small gleam of hope for AC fans until the wrecking ball comes in. I do understand the frustration of AC fans. All 20k fans felt very unheard when Disney decided to cover up the lagoon to put a bloody Pooh Playground. Many felt, 'what's next, demo Space Mountain to put a Stitch or Buzz Lightyear meet and greet.

SoccerMickey

There is a big difference between an attraction like Horizons closing and something like The Adventurer's Club closing. The Adventurer's Club IS the ultimate Disney attraction: you could go in and be totally surrounded by the theming of it, you could make it as immersive as you wanted it to be, you could make it as interactive as you wanted it to be, and you could make the running time of it as long as you wanted it to be. It was multi-faceted and filled with humor, imagination, and, of course, alcohol. All these elements, and possibly more, made it a very meaningful place for a lot of people, including myself.

I always knew it was there, and I remember going a couple of times while I was on vacation and I always thought it was nice, but i never knew all that it offered until I moved to Florida in February of this year. It quickly became my hangout where I would frequent there 3-4 nights a week. Being a quirky place inside of Walt Disney World was perfect for me because I am a quirky person who loves Walt Disney World. I wouldn't have as many friends here in Orlando if it wasn't for the Adventurer's Club and more importantly, I wouldn't have met my boyfriend if Pamelia Perkins didn't call him out during one of the shows in the library. (We had the good fortune for thanking her in person shortly after the club closed its doors for the last time, and she remembered him and the night).

Was it for everybody? Heck no. In its last six months of operation I brought many friends and family from back home to it and the whole gamut of impressions of it ran from the people who love it and wanted to make it part of their future WDW trips to the feelings of not needing to go back anytime soon. However on any given night you would see birthday parties, bachelor/bachelorette parties, honeymooners, first dates, and PI hookups devoting a good portion, if not all of their night to Adventurer's Club, not to mention all the private birthday parties, wedding receptions, and corporate functions that the place housed when it wasn't open to the public. But if you look at the people who were fortunate enough to be there on the last night, most with tears in their eyes and most still lingering even after Kirk was yelling, "Time to clear out the main salon!" you could tell that many people have meaningful memories of this venue, more than anyone could have with an attraction like World of Motion.

Sorry this was so long winded but I hope it summed up what a lot of people are feeling now that it is, hopefully temporarily, closed.

chaggy102

For those Adventurers...a week from today the rumor is that Kungalooshes will be served again...and couple that with the fact that Black Ship Sky (lancelot's band) will be performing at Virgin at 8:15...basically sounds like an Adventurers Club Night to me.

CaptainMichael

For those Adventurers...a week from today the rumor is that Kungalooshes will be served again...and couple that with the fact that Black Ship Sky (lancelot's band) will be performing at Virgin at 8:15...basically sounds like an Adventurers Club Night to me.

Sounds like a good night to me. Wish I could be there.:(

chaggy102

It might be an older poster...it was just put on on their MySpace but it might have been their performance there last year...so maybe I'm wrong

dmagickingdom

There is a big difference between an attraction like Horizons closing and something like The Adventurer's Club closing. The Adventurer's Club IS the ultimate Disney attraction: you could go in and be totally surrounded by the theming of it, you could make it as immersive as you wanted it to be, you could make it as interactive as you wanted it to be, and you could make the running time of it as long as you wanted it to be. It was multi-faceted and filled with humor, imagination, and, of course, alcohol. All these elements, and possibly more, made it a very meaningful place for a lot of people, including myself.

I always knew it was there, and I remember going a couple of times while I was on vacation and I always thought it was nice, but i never knew all that it offered until I moved to Florida in February of this year. It quickly became my hangout where I would frequent there 3-4 nights a week. Being a quirky place inside of Walt Disney World was perfect for me because I am a quirky person who loves Walt Disney World. I wouldn't have as many friends here in Orlando if it wasn't for the Adventurer's Club and more importantly, I wouldn't have met my boyfriend if Pamelia Perkins didn't call him out during one of the shows in the library. (We had the good fortune for thanking her in person shortly after the club closed its doors for the last time, and she remembered him and the night).

Was it for everybody? Heck no. In its last six months of operation I brought many friends and family from back home to it and the whole gamut of impressions of it ran from the people who love it and wanted to make it part of their future WDW trips to the feelings of not needing to go back anytime soon. However on any given night you would see birthday parties, bachelor/bachelorette parties, honeymooners, first dates, and PI hookups devoting a good portion, if not all of their night to Adventurer's Club, not to mention all the private birthday parties, wedding receptions, and corporate functions that the place housed when it wasn't open to the public. But if you look at the people who were fortunate enough to be there on the last night, most with tears in their eyes and most still lingering even after Kirk was yelling, "Time to clear out the main salon!" you could tell that many people have meaningful memories of this venue, more than anyone could have with an attraction like World of Motion.

Sorry this was so long winded but I hope it summed up what a lot of people are feeling now that it is, hopefully temporarily, closed.

very touching!! Keep in mind though that even though you feel that it is not like Horizons closing, it could very well have been as touching as Horizons to someone else. We all have special things in our hearts.
For instance my favorite movie is called Captain Ron. Not a very popular movie to call your favorite but it holds something dear in my heart when Titanic does in others.

Jerm

Ok to really throw some cold water on you all. This was posted on the yahoo AC group from well you can see who it was posted from. This was about the Club reopening for the holidays.

OK if I can add my 2 cents here.

All the Food and Beverage owned stock and equipment has been removed from
all the clubs. When a convention is booked, conventions brings in their own
stock for that event only. Most of the clubs are still intact, kinda.
Comedy backstage has been boxed up and most likely removed at this point.
My understanding is that nothing has been removed entertainment wise from
the Ad club. However the chance of the Island re-opening is a pipe dream at
best. Management, actors, Techs, Musicians, DJs door hosts, F&B staff have
all been either relocated or let go. Bringing a group back that would be
able to restore the clubs and fully staff for a season, is way too much of
an undertaking. It would be too much of an impact on the locations where
all the staff wound up. Think robbing Peter to pay Paul. Not just anyone
can walk in a do the job, even though sometimes it feels the company thinks
so. And the company never wants to seem like they have made a mistake. In
all areas of the company we have to live with decisions that have been made
no matter how wrong they are.

I hate to say it, but the Island is gone, There may be a very slight
chance that the club will return, but I doubt it.

Formally Dave the sound guy

chaggy102

But if there is a very slight chance then we need to grasp it...anyway talked to Kris from Black Ship Sky and that poster was from last year so no BSS to go with our Kungalooshes on Saturday. And Simon (Lancelot) when I talked to him said that he heard the rumors about the Ad Club coming back but he hasn't asked anybody about them basically because he doesn't want to be told it's not coming back.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom