The MK Aladdin ride fixable idea

dizpins14

Original Poster
It think the new Aladdin ride was a bad idea with Dunbo close by in Fantasyland and the Astro Orbitars in TL. I can see Disney buildning to decrease the lines at Dumbo but what they should do is remodle Fantasyland and put in two Dumbo rides sort of like Dueling Dragons at IOA just have the Dumbos fly close to one and other. I hear Fantasyland is due for a remodle. What needs to go is Ariels Grotto and if they aren't going to fix 20,000 Leagues ride take out the lagoon:cry: :cry: Once they finish with Dumbo they should take apart Aladdin and put it in Morocco in EPCOT. I know this might take away from the country put they need something kid friendly in EPCOT. IF the lagoon is taken out of Fantasyland maybe that will leave room for a better Mickey Toon Town Fair because something needs to be done there.:)

General Grizz

Originally posted by dizpins14
It think the new Aladdin ride was a bad idea with Dunbo close by in Fantasyland and the Astro Orbitars in TL. I can see Disney buildning to decrease the lines at Dumbo but what they should do is remodle Fantasyland and put in two Dumbo rides sort of like Dueling Dragons at IOA just have the Dumbos fly close to one and other. I hear Fantasyland is due for a remodle. What needs to go is Ariels Grotto and if they aren't going to fix 20,000 Leagues ride take out the lagoon:cry: :cry: Once they finish with Dumbo they should take apart Aladdin and put it in Morocco in EPCOT. I know this might take away from the country put they need something kid friendly in EPCOT. IF the lagoon is taken out of Fantasyland maybe that will leave room for a better Mickey Toon Town Fair because something needs to be done there.:)

OK...No offense, but a kiddie ride isn't fit for two Dumbos right next to eachother...besides...one is enough...per park, much less two per land! 3 for the whole park is worse! However, I do share your pain about Aladdin. I don't think Morocco is a good place for Aladdin...I am proud of World Showcase not dealing with the whol Disney-Character thing...that's more for MGM and MK....

What I think should be done is create an Ariel attraction in the lagoon, put a Snow White (E-Ticketer!) attraction (different from any other attraction...wait till you see my storyboards!!) where Scuttle is, then put a Poppins ride where Snow White is currently, legal issues prevailing in our favour, of course!

dizpins14

Original Poster
The reson I said that they might want to put in another Dumbo next to the one now or build another ride with more Dumbo cars on it is because part of the reason they built Aladdin is so families who don't want to wait in the long line for Dumbo can go to Aladdin. If you add more Dumbo cars it still gives you the classic ride behind Cinderella's Castle not in Adventureland. These twirling rides are going to be the downfall of Disney what's next the Figment whirl around of Imagination??? I also agree that World Showcase is great with out the characters but something needs to be done for kids. Shove Aladdin in the very back where no one goes except the kids for the ride. Can't wait to see the story boards:sohappy: :sohappy:

Chad

No, Morroco Doesn't need Alladin. The countries are not meant to showcase Disney Movies, they are meant to showcase culture. Sorry. I flat out Disagree. Two Dumbo Rides next to each other takes up alot of space..The wait is very lengthy, But, It's not like these people don't know what they are waiting for, they can see the ride, they can see how long it is, it's not like they can get off of it and go,"We waited in that long line for THAT?" I know it's a 'classic' ride, but, I think it should stay like it is, so Disney money and energy can be directed elsewhere, Like building the 'ShadowLands' behind the 2000leauges lagoon, and by revamping and redoing the Snow White ride...

Goofster

Wow, chad, haven't seen you around in a while. What's been happening? Has your Dream come true yet?

I guess now whenever we've been wondering where you've been we just need to post a few imagineering ideas we know you won't like 'eh?

dizpins14

Original Poster
Something needs to be done about Aladdin something needs to be done for kids at EPCOT I was thinking kill two birds with one stone. The second Dumbo ride wasn't something I think they should do but if the whole purpose of Aladdin was to make the crowds for Dumbo less then they should have tried putting more Dumbo cars in some where else and not build Aladdin. Maybe put a second ride on top or something. Two Dumbo rides on top of one and other.

Chad

Sometimes thats what it takes to get me fired up :) I'll be back now, Christmas was a real drain on me...

The Two Dumbos on top of each other actually sounds like a better plan, have them load seperatly, so while one is loading, the other is spining. The ones at top would start at their highest point, and you would initially have to go down, where as the ones on the bottom start at their lowest point and initially have to go up. I will never agree with Alladin in Epcot. It would COMPLETELY ruin the Morrocan area, which I think is one of the best themed countries. Killing two birds with one stone is the way Pressler and Eisner think, cutting corners, and saving the bottom line. If Anything, Put in a dark ride. Alladin's Magic Carpets. You would sit in the same style carpet, but you would coast first out of The princesses room, then through scenes such as going through the pyramids and over the sail boats, while a whole new world plays, ending with fake fireworks (like mexico) That would be inside, and wouldn't ruin the theming.

dizpins14

Original Poster
That is a good idea much better than putting the MK ride there. If I was working for Disney the present Aladdin ride would never have been built. My ideas are trying to get rid of it from a park that has three spin rides. Animal Kingdom is the better choice but they just put one in over there. And I couldn't think of a place in MGM for it except maybe next to Indy tear out the backlot express and put it actually near the Backlot ride! Even then it would look really weird there. As for EPCOT yes the ride would be horrible in the middle of the pavilion but on one of my last trips I explored Morraco and found a hidden corner where there isn't anything. Litteraly there is a small fountain where the shops end. There is a restaurant there but I think there is room for the ride with out taking away from the pavillion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom