Trip Report The mistakes that I learned from..Trip back in time..

Friends, I've been thinking,

I need a major distraction, and also, I received too many compliments for my laid back style..
I'm going to continue on the trip report binge and do a comparison of our 2015 trip here. It won't be as long.. I promise. If you want to follow along with my madness, you are welcome. I've had a rough past few days and need something to keep me busy.

So here it goes.. first I should change the title though..
ETA- actually its easier to do in a separate thread.

So here I am....

LeighM

His shyness has me so perplexed at times.
View attachment 195453

I was like that as a child. But I was bullied horribly in school and I never wanted to be center of attention because it would always mean others would be mean to me later. I always wanted to take dance class but I thought I was too ugly to be in the class. Most of my classmates told me I was ugly to look at so it must be true. If I talked in class, they would laugh at my overbite. I never told Mom because I was too embarrassed. So everyone just assumed I was extremely shy around strangers or kids my age when in reality I was just bullied and scared. But it never stopped me from wanting to join in the fun :( I didn't get over that until freshman year of high school....but left me with a lasting anxiety around cameras LOL.

21stamps

Original Poster
I was like that as a child. But I was bullied horribly in school and I never wanted to be center of attention because it would always mean others would be mean to me later. I always wanted to take dance class but I thought I was too ugly to be in the class. Most of my classmates told me I was ugly to look at so it must be true. If I talked in class, they would laugh at my overbite. I never told Mom because I was too embarrassed. So everyone just assumed I was extremely shy around strangers or kids my age when in reality I was just bullied and scared. But it never stopped me from wanting to join in the fun :( I didn't get over that until freshman year of high school....but left me with a lasting anxiety around cameras LOL.

Oh my goodness. How horrible. I am so sorry to hear that!! Wow, kids can be such jerks.
I'm extremely glad that you got over it. You sound like one tough cookie!

MySmallWorldof4

That is terrible.Kids can be horrible! Rotten kids trying to pick on someone to make themselves feel powerful. It never seems to end does it with each generation. You would think that the more civilized we get the more understanding we would be to others. With all the shows they have had for kids on being kind it all seems pointless sometimes. I am sorry you were picked on. Kids don't realize the damage they can do to another person, and the adults don't seem to teach their kids how to respect others. At least you have kindred Disney spirits on this board.:)

MySmallWorldof4

We went to get the stroller..
HS is a small park.. the kid is 5, I shouldn't even have rented it.
"T, you don't need it. Let's leave it parked here. If you need it tonight then we'll get it."

"Fine. But can we not hurry as much today?"

"Sure." (Yeah right)

View attachment 195444 View attachment 195445 View attachment 195446 View attachment 195447 View attachment 195448 View attachment 195449
View attachment 195451

I was trying to be sly about checking the app constantly... I needed it more than any other park. I hadn't been to HS I'd probably 10 years or more. My dazed and confused look was back in a few of these photos.
Love all the Stitch pics. You can never have too many, you know!

Last edited:

MySmallWorldof4

We did the Hollywood and Vine F! Package.

I didn't realize that I could use a dining credit on this.. so, I paid out of pocket.
I found out within a week after we returned that I made a mistake.
Annoying mistake. Another live and learn scenario added to the trip.

T was literally just getting out of the Disney Jr phase. He enjoyed it, but if it had been 1 year earlier it would have been even better.
Jake was T's favorite character for about 2 years.

View attachment 195452

Remember how excited I was in 2016 when he danced with the AK dancers?

It's because of situations like the one below..
View attachment 195459

I KNOW that he wanted to join in the fun!! But he refused!! It makes me so sad.
He just watched.
View attachment 195454

Finally agreed to join a Congo Line. IF I came with him.
View attachment 195457
View attachment 195461

Then we had dessert..

View attachment 195458

He watched while the characters sang "Hot Dog" Refusing to go down and join them once again, even though he clearly wanted to, and I did hear him sing the song quietly to himself.

His shyness has me so perplexed at times.
View attachment 195453
My kids are the same. I don't get it. They can perform in front of others during their year end gymnastics show, I have one that competes in cheer and she is always out performing in front of judges, but put them in a restaurant at Disney with dancing characters, and shyness just shows up. I don't know:banghead:.

21stamps

Original Poster
Here was one of my favorite parts of Hollywood Studios that day-

These guys were great!!
IMG_2443.JPG

I don't think T stopped laughing once during the entire performance. And I know that he was thrilled to get wet lol.
IMG_1064.JPG

21stamps

Original Poster
Love all the Stitch pics. You can never have to many, you know!
Oh just to you see the next one.. but, something is about to happen...lol

My kids are the same. I don't get it. They can perform in front of others during their year end gymnastics show, I have one that competes in cheer and she is always out performing in front of judges, but put them in a restaurant at Disney with dancing characters, and shyness just shows up. I don't know:banghead:.

It's so weird!!

21stamps

Original Poster
And now.. the moment that changed our lives as we knew it...

A Lightsaber.

But first, we go on Star Tours. The CM was insistent that Stitch must have his own glasses. T was thrilled of course.

IMG_1115.JPG

IMG_1118.JPG

This is sweat, not hair product lol
IMG_0211.JPG

And then.. exit into the store for his highly anticipated Make Your Own, and First Ever, Lightsaber.

We walk up and a store clerk ask us if we want normal or deluxe. What?
What is a "Deluxe Lightsaber"?
CM- "It's from the new movie."
Me "There's a new Star Wars movie?"
CM "Yes! It comes out this winter!"
T- "Mommy, I need the Deluxe, it's from the NEW movie!!" (The new movie that he just heard about for the first time too lol)
Me "Ok, build the deluxe one."

I am so glad that we went with the "new" one. Shortly after that trip our lives became consumed with Star Wars everything.lol. Toys, T's room decor, more lightsabers, and more movies. That moment at HS is where the obsession blossomed.

Poor Stitch :(
T asked me to put him in my bag..
Apparently he has a new sidekick now..
IMG_2451.JPG

We went to see the Muppets..
IMG_1142.JPG

And then save the world..
IMG_2448.JPG
IMG_1235.JPG

And then we went to go get a tattoo before Indiana Jones, and a Frozen Sing a Long FP that I just scored at a Kiosk

21stamps

Original Poster
Oh here's a Star Wars show that kid should have been in if his Mom was more responsible that day..and just arrived 10 minutes earlier!! Ugh.

IMG_1254.JPG

And now Indiana Jones..

IMG_1146.JPG
IMG_1163.JPG
IMG_1201.JPG

And I agree to get the stroller because my son is claiming heat exhaustion and does not want to walk anymore. We are not leaving!!! I'll get the stroller, we'll go eat, and we'll finish the day out. We have Fantasmic seating tonight!

And... My kid tries to run away from me.

@MySmallWorldof4 he really did think I was going to take the stroller away. It's almost 6pm and he hadn't used it once. I still don't know if it was necessary, but he did look extremely hot,tired, and worn out.

He pushed he stroller maybe 50ft away from me, put the break on, and sat in it. Refusing to budge when I walked up.

IMG_2452.JPG

MySmallWorldof4

Oh here's a Star Wars show that kid should have been in if his Mom was more responsible that day..and just arrived 10 minutes earlier!! Ugh.

View attachment 195505

And now Indiana Jones..

View attachment 195506 View attachment 195507 View attachment 195508

And I agree to get the stroller because my son is claiming heat exhaustion and does not want to walk anymore. We are not leaving!!! I'll get the stroller, we'll go eat, and we'll finish the day out. We have Fantasmic seating tonight!

And... My kid tries to run away from me.

@MySmallWorldof4 he really did think I was going to take the stroller away. It's almost 6pm and he hadn't used it once. I still don't know if it was necessary, but he did look extremely hot,tired, and worn out.

He pushed he stroller maybe 50ft away from me, put the break on, and sat in it. Refusing to budge when I walked up.

View attachment 195509
Yeah, he looks flushed in the close-up.
Poor Stitch :(
T asked me to put him in my bag..
Apparently he has a new sidekick now..
Aww that is sad. Hope he hugged him later.:(

mlegerto

T wanted Stitch to have a Goodbye photo.

img_2431-jpg.195441

This photo is super cute! I love that T insisted on it.

If you're wondering why most of my body is outside of the frame.. it's because my son didn't want me in the photo at all. Then he agreed, as long as I gave Stitch enough room.lol

At least T has his priorities straight LOL

These guys were great!!
img_2443-jpg.195485

These guys are AWESOME! I am SO terrified that with all these budget cuts we've seen lately (#thanksShanghai) that acts like these guys will be removed. So glad we haven't seen that happen yet - it really does add so much to the experience, especially at HS (IMHO).

Courtney6682

Writing the report is making me really question if I want to go in July. My kid turns into such a complainer in the heat. And I am NOT getting a stroller for him. But, maybe if we actually relax a bit (the app with FP ability helps), and see a show or two in between running around, then it may be doable.

This is my plan for our Aug trip. I want to just wander and take our time for once! We will def book FP's and no more than 2 TS meals. I want to know what it feels like to NOT be racing around from FP to ADR and back

LeighM

Oh my goodness. How horrible. I am so sorry to hear that!! Wow, kids can be such jerks.
I'm extremely glad that you got over it. You sound like one tough cookie!

It was tough while in school. But the tough cookie was actually the new boy in our 8th grade class who put a stop to it - by threatening to beat up anyone he heard picking on me LOL. It was only as I got older that I realized how unique it was for a kid to do that for someone he didn't know in a school he had just started. I had always been sympathetic to the underdog (being one most of my life) but, in a way, he completely changed my life by showing me how to actually speak up for others. Once I learned to do that, the bullying stopped. They had lost their power. So it didn't really turn out to be such a bad thing in the long run - except for all of those people who wanted me to be in their pictures :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom