Trip Report The mistakes that I learned from..Trip back in time..

Friends, I've been thinking,

I need a major distraction, and also, I received too many compliments for my laid back style..
I'm going to continue on the trip report binge and do a comparison of our 2015 trip here. It won't be as long.. I promise. If you want to follow along with my madness, you are welcome. I've had a rough past few days and need something to keep me busy.

So here it goes.. first I should change the title though..
ETA- actually its easier to do in a separate thread.

So here I am....

21stamps

Original Poster
I've mentioned this trip quite a bit during the "spreadsheets" report. It was my child's first visit. I hadn't been since an adult trip in 2009. I had booked, then cancelled, several trips between 2011 and 2015 though. I spent my first bday at WDW (and quite a few throughout the years), as did my sister and brother. I had always planned to do the same with my children.

Here's me on my 1st bday June 1978. (Bottom right I'm waving to Mickey, my mom said I loved it!)
IMG_2052.JPG

The problem was, I just didn't feel excited about taking a toddler to Disney, so I kept pushing it off.. until July of 2015. I logged on to the website and noticed a 30% off.. immediately checked availability for Poly.. THIS is the time! He's 5, past the nap stage, We Are Going to Disney World! Booked for Labor Day weekend and the week beyond, 7 day tickets each, and the DDP.
Decided to add a day at Legoland at the end for my little Lego fanatic..and finish up the trip with a week in Key West.

We go to SoFla semi annually..but kiddo hadn't been to KW since he was 15 months old..it's time for him to go and enjoy the marine life as much as I do. This would be the perfect 15 night trip! (Our longest vacation so far was 7 nights).

15 nights full of morning til night activities, in temperatures averaging a heat index of 103, in the height of rainy season, with a 5 year old, what could possibly go wrong?

I spent the next 64 days obsessively checking for dining availability. Booking fastpasses. Booking snorkel tours and boat rentals. Everything is in place!

And finally..the day came. Disney here we come!!! I'm nervous..but I've planned like crazy the past 2 months, for Disney and KW..we're going to see and do it all!!
IMG_2057.JPG
IMG_2056.JPG

Off to our adventure!!

Last edited:

21stamps

Original Poster
Arrive at MCO, head to the Magical Express (my first time using it)

I find out that Poly people get dropped first.
Perfect start!!

I have tears in my eyes when we arrived. What a full circle moment for me!!!
IMG_2086.JPG

The lobby was a bit of a shock. I miss the waterfall, but it was still pretty.

I let T explore for a bit..then I show him the longhouse where our wonderful (requested) room will be.. in Tuvalu. Perfect.
IMG_2084.JPG

My friend, "C" was joining for a couple of days. She arrived, our room wasn't ready, so we left everything with Bell Services.

I prefer the launch, but since it's kiddo's first time, I want him to go to MK on the monorail :)

Within seconds of boarding.. the rain comes. Pouring rain.
IMG_2075.JPG

Last edited:

21stamps

Original Poster
It's raining so hard, no beautiful stroll into the park taking in the castle.

Instead we speedwalk to a shop to purchase ponchos. Then into another store for Mickey Ears.

Why are all of these crazy people standing inside of the shops? We're in the Magic Kingdom! No time to hide from rain..we have to hurry to our first attraction!!!
IMG_2095.JPG

We have an hour before our first FP time at Haunted Mansion, so we decide to head to It's a Small World.

Stop for a Mickey Ice Cream first.
IMG_2076.JPG
IMG_2077.JPG
IMG_2087.jpg

IMG_2093.JPG
IMG_2091.JPG

Then we hurry to Haunted Mansion! Thankfully "C" slowed me down (momentarily) to look at this.
IMG_2094.JPG

T stops to pick a statue's nose..
IMG_2078.JPG

Then we cross to our next FP- Space Mountain. He loved it!!!
IMG_0191.JPG

Last edited:

21stamps

Original Poster
Following!
Hooray!! I am in too.
Thanks!
I have a feeling this will feel like our May 2016 trip. Ready to relive it!
Ha ha. Live and learn, right? ;)
I'm in too :)
Welcome aboard!
I'm here lady!
You don't have time to read. You need to get started on your report!!
Count me in too!!!

Max
I'm onboard
Thanks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom