The Merch Alert Thread

Figments Friend

I have a pull-back vehicle toy I bought years ago at the 'Splash Mountain' gift shop at the exit of WDWs version of the Attraction that looks similar to this.
The log has a nice logo on the front, and features pvc figures or Brer Rabbit, Fox, and Bear inside with their hands up.
Pull it back and the little rubber wheels propell it racing forward.
A fun item, and nicely detailed.

I went looking on eBay a couple of months ago to see if I could find another one just out of curiosity and was surprised at the crazy prices I saw for it ($60 and up ).
This obvious kids toy was originally $7.00 in the early 2000s.
Perhaps it's considered a 'rare collectible' now since most were probably played with and damaged pretty badly.

-

mickEblu

Original Poster
I have a pull-back vehicle toy I bought years ago at the 'Splash Mountain' gift shop at the exit of WDWs version of the Attraction that looks similar to this.
The log has a nice logo on the front, and features pvc figures or Brer Rabbit, Fox, and Bear inside with their hands up.
Pull it back and the little rubber wheels propell it racing forward.
A fun item, and nicely detailed.

I went looking on eBay a couple of months ago to see if I could find another one just out of curiosity and was surprised at the crazy prices I saw for it ($60 and up ).
This obvious kids toy was originally $7.00 in the early 2000s.
Perhaps it's considered a 'rare collectible' now since most were probably played with and damaged pretty badly.

-

That sounds cool! I don't think I've seen it on eBay. Would you happen to have the link ?

mickEblu

Original Poster
Has anyone seen that semi new Maps of the Parks book at the parks. I've been looking for it the last 3 trips and haven't seen it anywhere. I'm wondering if it's flying off the shelves or they just aren't selling it?

George Lucas on a Bench

Never saw it. It's available from Amazon, but ships in 1-2 months? Have you tried that store next to the Animation place in DCA? They constantly carry those types of books.

I'm considering buying that $400 miniature of the Haunted Mansion.

mickEblu

Original Poster
Never saw it. It's available from Amazon, but ships in 1-2 months? Have you tried that store next to the Animation place in DCA? They constantly carry those types of books.

I'm considering buying that $400 miniature of the Haunted Mansion.

Yeah I've tried all the stores that would have it. What's up with that 1-2 months thing? I was at Barnes n Noble today that had 2 copies but they were in bad shape.

Which miniature are you taking about? The olszewski of the HM exterior?

Californian Elitist

Most of my Disneyland merch is bought from knick-knack stores or from other people, and a lot of it is old. Not really a fan of the contemporary Disneyland merchandise, as a whole.

I found this little beauty of a book at a hipster bookstore (and one of my favorite places) in Downtown Los Angeles for $3.00. The year iof publication is nowhere to be found, but it must have been published in the early 1960's, since there are a few pages about what's to come and New Orleans Square is listed in that section, as well as others.

IMG_3088.JPG

IMG_3092.JPG

Disneyland, before pirates and spirits moved in:

IMG_3090.JPG

Back when Tomorrowland was still about the future:

IMG_3091.JPG

mickEblu

Original Poster
Most of my Disneyland merch is bought from knick-knack stores or from other people, and a lot of it is old. Not really a fan of the contemporary Disneyland merchandise, as a whole.

I found this little beauty of a book at a hipster bookstore (and one of my favorite places) in Downtown Los Angeles for $3.00. The year iof publication is nowhere to be found, but it must have been published in the early 1960's, since there are a few pages about what's to come and New Orleans Square is listed in that section, as well as others.

View attachment 190967

View attachment 190969

Disneyland, before pirates and spirits moved in:

View attachment 190975

Back when Tomorrowland was still about the future:

View attachment 190976

Cool stuff! Yeah I know what you mean. I feel like I find more stuff on eBay than at the parks these days. I do like some of the Jim shore pieces and a few of the attraction specific Olszewski light boxes. And pretty much anything with the old school attraction posters on them.

Californian Elitist

Cool stuff! Yeah I know what you mean. I feel like I find more stuff on eBay than at the parks these days. I do like some of the Jim shore pieces and a few of the attraction specific Olszewski light boxes. And pretty much anything with the old school attraction posters on them.

Same, there are some items at the parks I'd buy and have bought. It's just during the majority of the time, I walk into the stores and find maybe less than several things to purchase. That's fine with me and my wallet lol.

Figments Friend

Did they make a Disneyland version? The WDW "logs" look like loaves of bread.

I have no way of knowing for sure, but I have only ever seen the double log WDW version that I have.

It's probably likely that they sold this same toy at Disneyland at the time.
Again, I have no way of really knowing.
Perhaps when I get to post a photo of it folks here might recall seeing it for sale at that particular Park.

-

Figments Friend

Has anyone seen that semi new Maps of the Parks book at the parks. I've been looking for it the last 3 trips and haven't seen it anywhere. I'm wondering if it's flying off the shelves or they just aren't selling it?

Yes, I know what book you are talking about.
They are quite nice, especially if you really enjoy and appreciate the old Maps of yore.

I think the first batch of pressings sold out right away, thus the shipping delay and lack of books at the Parks / elsewhere.
They ARE pretty nice and I'm sure several were snapped up to sell on the secondary market.

Wait until you see one yourself to buy...don't be fooled into buying overpriced copies that are probably up on eBay right now.
Ordering through Amazon and waiting the couple of months might actually be the quickest way for you to get one at it's list price.
You can also order it directly through that book store you visited to avoid shipping costs.

-

mickEblu

Original Poster
Yes, I know what book you are talking about.
They are quite nice, especially if you really enjoy and appreciate the old Maps of yore.

I think the first batch of pressings sold out right away, thus the shipping delay and lack of books at the Parks / elsewhere.
They ARE pretty nice and I'm sure several were snapped up to sell on the secondary market.

Wait until you see one yourself to buy...don't be fooled into buying overpriced copies that are probably up on eBay right now.
Ordering through Amazon and waiting the couple of months might actually be the quickest way for you to get one at it's list price.
You can also order it directly through that book store you visited to avoid shipping costs.

-

Wow didn't realize they were that hot of an item. It is a pretty cool book. I actually bought a copy late last night at Barnes & Noble's. Best part is it was still wrapped in plastic and 20% off :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom