Pre-Trip The Make Up Your Freakin Minds Already Pre-Trip Report!!!

Hello again all! I'm back with my official pre-trip report thread! It seems quite a few of us will be down in the world in Nov at the same time and love reading everyone's plans! My traveling party consists of myself, Steve, my wife Megan, and our 2 boys, Landon (6) and Declan (3). More on that travel party to come! ;)

image.jpg

Declan and Landon

Currently we are booked at Caribbean Beach Resort with 5 day park tickets and the regular dining plan, Nov 11-18th.

So why can't we make up our freakin minds already about this??? LOL Our trip has been ever changing since we decided to go again. Lots of different factors came into play.

I originally booked for May at Pop Century. However, with a nice screw up from my new job I started last year, they screwed up my taxes and I wasn't getting back what I normally get because of it! Bummer. My Tax money had to go toward our big move! We r moving in May to our first house! So exciting! But I need some our tax money to furnish the house. Because of this we changed and moved our trip to November.

I changed our dates to Nov 11-18th. Which was fine for us because it's the same week we went last year and we had so much fun experiencing Xmas time in the world for the first time!

However, since we figured free dining would be at that time again, we actually decided to switch resorts to stay at Caribbean Beach Resort. It would literally mKe the trip about $60 bucks more to stay at Caribbean with free dining as opposed to staying at Pop and upgrading and payingthe difference for the regular dining plan!

Now to add more chaos to my story, my wife's father past away several months ago, and we are awaiting money from that situation to come our way. If we do end up getting that money in time, we want to try and rent points and stay at Grand Floridian Villas!

I stayed at the GF 3 times a kid. Lots of favorite memories of my trips r from staying at that resort! However with prices the way they are, this I probably the only time I would be able to afford to stay here! So fingers crossed on that whole ordeal! It would be so cool to stay there again! Not to mention the rooms at the GFV are just beautiful looking!

One last thing for now, our travel party...it actually is a great thing that we decided to switch our dates around because we can officially announce that we are having another baby!!!:inlove: Baby will be here beginning of October!

Did I say that correctly? Am I seriously going to Disney World with a 1 month old!?! Sounds crazy to me but it'll be so much fun! We will be happy with either, but we do want to have a girl since we already have 2 boys! Who wouldn't want to dress up their little baby girl as a princess!!!

Stay tuned and join me on this wild ride of my ever changing planning of a Disney trip!

PS: this is why I go to Disney and take my kids as much as I do, moments like this one that just melts your heart!
image.jpg

stevehousse

Original Poster
I keep checking the website everyday several times this week for better ADR times or more rooms opening up for free dining! Nothing...

We r almost thinking of instead of bringing my sister to wdw we will bring her instead to our May 2015 DL trip instead...of course this means that if we do that we most likely won't be staying at Disneyland Hotel anymore... :( but it'll b fun to bring her! We love taking her with on our vacations. Is it crazy to start planning my DL trip already??? LOL

stevehousse

Original Poster
155 days left to go!

Jut to update everyone, we are not bringing my sister to wdw this fall. W tried but couldn't get it to work in the end. She will be coming with us to DL!

Gosh we just want our vacation to be tomorrow :(

My wife said the other day that she can't wait to "smell" Disney again! But one question I had for her was, will the Poly still smell the same without the water features??? I hope so...

Anyone else's scheduled park days match ours? Maybe we can meet up for a ride or 2?

Definately want to see if anyone can have a drink at the bar or pool when we r there! CBR nov 11-18 if u will be there!

stevehousse

Original Poster
Ok folks! The big news is finally here!

We are having a little PRINCESS!

My wife and boys and myself are all very excited! My wife really wanted a girl since she is outnumbered by boys, but my boys were also wanting a sister so we r all just really excited! We even added her to the MDE and we get to get her a magic band! LOL I hear they make cute ankle bracelets for babies ;)

No Disney plans have changed recently at all...we r just at 130 days and it is jut creeping along! Half way there just about until we can do FP picks, online check in, and buy our plane tickets! We r jut praying for a healthy baby and hope that everything goes according to plan so we can take our little princess to WDW for her first time! :)

PS: I did change our room request. Originally I had requested to be put in Trinidad. However, I found the awesome resort room tool on a website and they literally have a photo of the rooms views! Every hotel! This made me change my request and I am now hopefully being put in Martinique, building 25, room 2518! The view is really pretty with the beach and hammocks right in front and the pool an dining super close! It's a really pretty view and I hope we get placed there!

stevehousse

Original Poster
Just a small update! So we r about 82 days away and our trip at this point is really up in the air :(

The money we have been waiting on from my wife's fathers estate has been held up due to many complications. Basically we have to wait for his wife's estate (who died 8 months before him!?!) to close. I guess her family is havin issues with her estate and r holdin us up! Basically hostage. We r able to close her fathers estate Sept 13, but only if HER estate is closed since they r somewhat connected to each other in some weird legal way! So our trip is really up in the air at this point!

We will be very sad if we aren't able to go, but it will be alright as we r already planning our Disneyland trip for Spring 2015!

O and we still have this little girl to look forward to!
image.jpg

She will be here sometime in the first 2 weeks of October!

Will keep everyone up to date on both the baby and our vacation! And also be on the look out for my upcoming pre-trip report for Disneyland!

FlaggNL

Well sounds sad that the trip is up in the air! So a when will you know/decide the go/no go? And off course there is a planning for spring 2015 so that is great!

And the little one is almost there :) Congrats!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom