Pre-Trip The Make Up Your Freakin Minds Already Pre-Trip Report!!!

Hello again all! I'm back with my official pre-trip report thread! It seems quite a few of us will be down in the world in Nov at the same time and love reading everyone's plans! My traveling party consists of myself, Steve, my wife Megan, and our 2 boys, Landon (6) and Declan (3). More on that travel party to come! ;)

image.jpg

Declan and Landon

Currently we are booked at Caribbean Beach Resort with 5 day park tickets and the regular dining plan, Nov 11-18th.

So why can't we make up our freakin minds already about this??? LOL Our trip has been ever changing since we decided to go again. Lots of different factors came into play.

I originally booked for May at Pop Century. However, with a nice screw up from my new job I started last year, they screwed up my taxes and I wasn't getting back what I normally get because of it! Bummer. My Tax money had to go toward our big move! We r moving in May to our first house! So exciting! But I need some our tax money to furnish the house. Because of this we changed and moved our trip to November.

I changed our dates to Nov 11-18th. Which was fine for us because it's the same week we went last year and we had so much fun experiencing Xmas time in the world for the first time!

However, since we figured free dining would be at that time again, we actually decided to switch resorts to stay at Caribbean Beach Resort. It would literally mKe the trip about $60 bucks more to stay at Caribbean with free dining as opposed to staying at Pop and upgrading and payingthe difference for the regular dining plan!

Now to add more chaos to my story, my wife's father past away several months ago, and we are awaiting money from that situation to come our way. If we do end up getting that money in time, we want to try and rent points and stay at Grand Floridian Villas!

I stayed at the GF 3 times a kid. Lots of favorite memories of my trips r from staying at that resort! However with prices the way they are, this I probably the only time I would be able to afford to stay here! So fingers crossed on that whole ordeal! It would be so cool to stay there again! Not to mention the rooms at the GFV are just beautiful looking!

One last thing for now, our travel party...it actually is a great thing that we decided to switch our dates around because we can officially announce that we are having another baby!!!:inlove: Baby will be here beginning of October!

Did I say that correctly? Am I seriously going to Disney World with a 1 month old!?! Sounds crazy to me but it'll be so much fun! We will be happy with either, but we do want to have a girl since we already have 2 boys! Who wouldn't want to dress up their little baby girl as a princess!!!

Stay tuned and join me on this wild ride of my ever changing planning of a Disney trip!

PS: this is why I go to Disney and take my kids as much as I do, moments like this one that just melts your heart!
image.jpg

stevehousse

Original Poster
So this year, we are trying 2 new restaurants along with several old favorites! My wife wants to eat at Cinderella's Royal Table! I was a little weary at first because it seems like such a girly place to eat, but if that's what she wants she'll get it!

She really can't stand to plan everything out! That's my job! She loves Disney, but doesn't care for all the planning involved! The only thing she asks is that she gets to look at the menus of where we eat because she is such a picky eater! LOL I'm so glad I was able to talk her into Citricos! I have wanted to eat there for awhile but haven't yet! I have heard great things!

Here is our tentative schedule based on last years park schedules! Of course, this is subject to change at any time!

Tues Nov 11
-Fly to MCO from Chicago looking for early afternoon flight out.
-DME to our resort (whichever we end up staying at)
-Swimming and exploring at the resort and maybe lunch or snacks
-Dinner at Chef Mickey's (early)

Wed Nov 12
-Magic Kingdom
-breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table (early as we can get!)
-Be Our Guest lunch (late)
-Electric Parade and Wishes

Thursday Nov 13
-Epcot!
-Lunch at Electric Umbrella or Mexico quick service??? Not decided yet!
-Dinner at Garden Grill (another family must do)
-Illuminations

Friday Nov 14
-Breakfast at resort QS
-Swimming in AM
-Magic Kingdom around noon and then stay all night for the Xmas Party!
-Dinner at Casey's Corner (a must do for us every trip)

Saturday Nov 15
-Resort day! Sleeping in and relaxing!
- Late breakfast QS at hotel
-possibly DTD for a little bit? Depends how we feel?
-Dinner at Citricos!
-Watch Wishes on the beach maybe? Do they pipe in the music at the GF beach or only Poly?

Sun Nov 16
-Hollywood Studios!
-Breakfast at Hollywood and Vine (my kids favorite because of the characters)
-Sign Landon up for Jedi Training! (It rained for his show last year :( it got cancelled)
-Dinner at ??? Still figuring that one out but will be QS
-Fantasmic

Mon Nov 17
-Animal Kingdom
-Early Lunch at Pizzafari
-Dinner at Grand FL Cafe (this one is up in the air. We would definately eat here if we end up staying at GFV)

Tues Nov 18
-Check out of our resort
-Fly back home

I hope all of this will be achievable with a new baby in tow! LOL I still don't know how that's gonna be? I will say that at this point with how our schedule is panned out, it would be such a convenience to be staying at GFV for the monorail. That way Megan could easily take the baby back to the hotel if she needed to and I could stay with the kids!

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! More so, has anyone else on here gone to WDW with an infant before? What rides would u not recommend me taking the baby on? I assume it would be able to do most except for the mountains! LOL. I guess I'm mainly asking about Buzz Lightyear and Pirates? Idk about that drop??? LOL

Only 251 days left until we leave! Way to long in my opinion!

Last edited:

stevehousse

Original Poster
Congrats on baby #3!!!

We have overlapping dates, I'll be there the 15th-23rd. Yay for November!
Thank u! And with u going I think that makes like 5 people on here with trips overlapping at that time! If u see us please say hello! I'll do the same. Are you doing a pre trip report at all? Love hearing what everyone else is doing...

LucyK

Sorry it took me so long to join in! I'm following your PTR.

Staying at GFV sounds so good, I hope you're able to do that.

Hope we November goers will have a magical time!

ETA: You're having a baby!! Congratulations to you and your wife.

stevehousse

Original Poster
Sorry it took me so long to join in! I'm following your PTR.

Staying at GFV sounds so good, I hope you're able to do that.

Hope we November goers will have a magical time!

ETA: You're having a baby!! Congratulations to you and your wife.
Thank u so much! The youngest our kids have been at Disney is 9 months so going with a 1 month old just seems crazy to be, but my wife said she will be good to go so we r not backing down!

We went in Nov last year and just had the best time! Great weather, low crowds, and free dining can't be beat!

stevehousse

Original Poster
The wife finally asked me yesterday about our Disney plans. I went over everything with her, and she really wants to stay at GFV and I hope we really r able to. Te way I planned the trip, it would be so easy to stay there and have te monorail to get us around most places. Especially since the first 5 days of our trip all center around MK, Epcot, and resort days, etc.

Declan and I also just watched the new Festival of Fantasy parade and we loved it! We didn't really care for the previous parade, but we will definately make sure we catch this one!

Ew to 246 more days! LOL we just want to go tomorrow...

LucyK

We'll have to rearrange some of our plans but we really want to see the new parade as well. what are your thoughts about FP+ for FoF?

stevehousse

Original Poster
I didn't do any FP for parades or shows last time we were there and probably won't next trip...there's alway a way to did a good spot somehwere along the route...plus, to be honest, with the hub construction continuing well into the fall, who knows where the FP guests will be placed if the hub is a mess! If rather not!

stevehousse

Original Poster
Haven't posted in awhile! We were so busy last month getting ready to move! We are all moved into our new house! It's do nice to have lots or room! We used to live in a townhouse...

As for Disney, it looks like GFV is all booked up for when we want to go :( We r a little bummed but we r hoping for contemporary hotel now. Either BLT if there r any studios left or jut regular rooms! Heck I'll even take the garden wing! Anyone ever stay there in the garden wing? How far exactly is it from the main building?

meeskamickey

Congratulations on the new baby! We are expecting in November. Sitting here and reading these boards is helping me get through some nasty morning sickness :hungover:.

I would think that taking an infant wouldn't be as hard as taking an older baby because infants usually sleep all day and can sleep through noise.

Will you be posting a trip report? I would love to hear how it all went!

stevehousse

Original Poster
Congratulations on the new baby! We are expecting in November. Sitting here and reading these boards is helping me get through some nasty morning sickness :hungover:.

I would think that taking an infant wouldn't be as hard as taking an older baby because infants usually sleep all day and can sleep through noise.

Will you be posting a trip report? I would love to hear how it all went!

I will definately be posting another trip report!

Congrats on your baby too! My wife is so sick right now :( I hate it! Do u have other kids as well? We would like to have a girl this time since we already have 2 boys who can be quite a handful! ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom