deleted

brb1006

Wow, I have never sat and watched the whole thing before. This really smokes every other electrical parade I've ever seen before. This beats the snot out of Paint The Night. WDW really should get a version of this for its new parade. It's got the charm and whimsical nature of the original MSEP but updated enough for the 21st century. Paint The Night lacks a soul, in my opinion. It relies too much on screens. But this? Hits the nail square on the head, fires on all cylinders.
Tokyo even has a Christmas edition of Dreamlights with added Christmas medleys. Also while I disagree about WDW creating a version of Dreamlights to bring to WDW. I felt that it would had been a perfect idea for WDW to recreate Spectromagic with a more modern look. I'm not talking about the modern parade style like PTN. But similar to how Tokyo made a 21th century version of MSEP and constantly updating the parade by adding and taking away older floats and mixes in old and new Disney and Pixar films all together.

GiveMeTheMusic

Wow, I have never sat and watched the whole thing before. This really smokes every other electrical parade I've ever seen before. This beats the snot out of Paint The Night. WDW really should get a version of this for its new parade. It's got the charm and whimsical nature of the original MSEP but updated enough for the 21st century. Paint The Night lacks a soul, in my opinion. It relies too much on screens. But this? Hits the nail square on the head, fires on all cylinders.

Dreamlights is really incredible, and it's about to be refreshed again next summer with new Cinderella, BATB and Frozen units. If it had opened at WDW in 2001 instead of TDL, it'd still be exactly the same if it still even existed.

D

Deleted member 107043

I've never seen Dreamlights, so thanks for posting the video. It's quite a spectacle and I would love to see it in person. With that said, I'm glad DLR got PTN instead. There's something about the pacing of Dreamlights that is reminiscent of the MSEP, and not in a good way IMO. Although I prefer the lively party vibe of PTN over Dreamlights' slow procession I wouldn't kick it out of bed for eating peanuts. ;)

brb1006

Dreamlights is really incredible, and it's about to be refreshed again next summer with new Cinderella, BATB and Frozen units. If it had opened at WDW in 2001 instead of TDL, it'd still be exactly the same if it still even existed.
And Dreamlights previously had floats for Winnie The Pooh and Bug's Life. Speaking of Bugs, the Alice section had a giant caterpiller, a lady bug that was sowing and a male and female snail.

brb1006

I've never seen Dreamlights, so thanks for posting the video. It's quite a spectacle and I would love to see it in person. With that said, I'm glad DLR got PTN instead. There's something about the pacing of Dreamlights that is reminiscent of the MSEP, and not in a good way IMO. Although I prefer the lively party vibe of PTN over Dreamlights' slow procession I wouldn't kick it out of bed for eating peanuts. ;)
Don't forget the Christmas edition.

Disney Analyst

I'm with you. I am so bored of MSEP processional nature, also evident in Dreamlights. I love the bright, hectic, modern party vibe of Paint the Night. Some Disneyland fans only want to snort nostalgia, I want to move forward. PTN was that step forward.

Curious Constance

I don't have any exact dates yet, but it is possible that there will be a short period with no parades at all.

upload_2016-11-27_16-42-39.png

brb1006

I'm with you. I am so bored of MSEP processional nature, also evident in Dreamlights. I love the bright, hectic, modern party vibe of Paint the Night. Some Disneyland fans only want to snort nostalgia, I want to move forward. PTN was that step forward.
At least the Tokyo version of the Seven Dwarfs mine carts looked amazing.

TP2000

I've seen Tokyo Dreamlights several times. And there is absolutely no way any American Disney theme park will ever get anything close to it. Dreamlights is way too expensive to develop, too expensive to build, to expensive to staff, and too expensive to maintain for any American theme park owned and operated by the Walt Disney Company. Just don't even think about it.

And Tokyo's operation will outclass and outspend the American parks every time. And you should see how the front line hourly Tokyo CM's outclass and outperform their lazy and slobby American CM peers.

Just keep spending your money on repeat trips to WDW or Disneyland, and don't worry about how Tokyo does things or if TDO or TDA could raise the bar on their operation to even get close to a Tokyo level of experience. Just keep spending that money and sending those profits to Burbank, please.

brb1006

I've seen Tokyo Dreamlights several times. And there is absolutely no way any American Disney theme park will ever get anything close to it. Dreamlights is way too expensive to develop, too expensive to build, to expensive to staff, and too expensive to maintain for any American theme park owned and operated by the Walt Disney Company. Just don't even think about it.

And Tokyo's operation will outclass and outspend the American parks every time. And you should see how the front line hourly Tokyo CM's outclass and outperform their lazy and slobby American CM peers.

Just keep spending your money on repeat trips to WDW or Disneyland, and don't worry about how Tokyo does things or if TDO or TDA could raise the bar on their operation to even get close to a Tokyo level of experience. Just keep spending that money and sending those profits to Burbank, please.
Another reason might be that Tokyo gives very special treatment to the entire parade by making it more unique to the other past night parades (They even had a nighttime version). Unlike the other Disney parks across the globe, Dreamlights is basically an art show in parade form.

TP2000

Another reason might be that Tokyo gives very special treatment to the entire parade by making it more unique to the other past night parades (They even had a nighttime version). Unlike the other Disney parks across the globe, Dreamlights is basically an art show in parade form.

That's true, plus it's Tokyo. And Tokyo does everything better than their sloppier and cheaper American cousins. About the only thing they don't do as well in Tokyo is fireworks, because the winds off Tokyo Bay are constant and high velocity at that elevation.

brb1006

That's true, plus it's Tokyo. And Tokyo does everything better than their sloppier and cheaper American cousins. About the only thing they don't do as well in Tokyo is fireworks, because the winds off Tokyo Bay are constant and high velocity at that elevation.
Did I mention that they also decorate they own floats with Christmas ornaments during the Christmas season? Even Mickey,Minnie and Goofy are dressed in Christmas clothing including Santa Goofy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom