1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

The Main Street Electrical Parade Comes Home

Discussion in 'Disneyland Resort' started by epcot82fan, Nov 3, 2016.

1. Evan-500

Evan-500 Well-Known Member

That certain site is reporting Paint the Night has been packed up in preparation for shipping somewhere. I don't know what to believe anymore.

mnelson3 likes this.
  2. mnelson3

mnelson3 Well-Known Member

Even if it's true. Has to be Shanghai or Paris. HEA at WDW Just debuted and is very popular.

3. Evan-500

Leave it be Disney :cry::cry:

4. jrhwdw

jrhwdw Well-Known Member

Granted, I'm no insider but I can't imagine PTN(If True), HEA and OUAT would be much different Crowd wise than MSEP, CTM and Wishes.

This is a BIG development if PTN really is packed up and about to pull out of DL. The next step is another story

I wonder what this does to MSEP (if true)?

5. vj81995

vj81995 Well-Known Member

The 45 year old parade gets another 45 years at The Happiest Place on Earth. Because "muh childhood!"

brb1006 likes this.
  6. mnelson3

mnelson3 Well-Known Member

I'm not going to believe Paint is leaving DL until our insiders here say otherwise.

7. Kira Nerys

Kira Nerys Well-Known Member

I believe the reason the parade has been extended through August is because it's so slow, it won't be finished making it's way across the park until then.

8. Dr. Hans Reinhardt

Dr. Hans Reinhardt Well-Known Member

Surely some of you locals knows a Resort employee in Entertainment who can verify where PTN was stored backstage and whether or not it's still there.

9. jrhwdw

jrhwdw Well-Known Member

It's either backstage in broad daylight or in boxes.
    It's still on DL Property, according to that site, just ready to be ship out.

10. Dr. Hans Reinhardt

Yes, according to that site....

11. SSG

SSG Well-Known Member

Why not mention the site? Corless isn't Voldemort is he?

12. FerretAfros

FerretAfros Well-Known Member

I just communicated with a friend in Entertainment, who said that PTN is still in the warehouse and upon last sighting didn't show signs of going anywhere. Unprompted, they specifically said that it wasn't in Florida :hilarious:

That said, it's still unclear what the plan is for the parade or when exactly it will be returning to the park

Personally, I think both Disney and MiceAge's stories are a little fishy, and I've been skeptical of them since they were first announced. It just doesn't seem like Disney to invest millions in a brand new parade, only to mothball and replace it with a 45-year-old relic. And if there were technical and/or performer problems, why didn't they arise in Hong Kong too? Something just doesn't quite add up to me

13. Dr. Hans Reinhardt

Thanks for clarifying Ferret!

14. GiveMeTheMusic

GiveMeTheMusic Well-Known Member

This. PTN is not "packed up" and "ready to ship." Corless' article states that Paris and Shanghai are the only other candidates beside WDW for a theoretical move. This is true, but we know that WDW is fine not having a parade until 2021 at the earliest. They've moved on.

Paris can't run a light parade in summer alongside Illuminations because the sun sets too late.

Shanghai won't want PTN because Hong Kong already has it.

It just takes a few minutes of logical thinking to come to the conclusion that PTN isn't going anywhere.

15. jrhwdw

jrhwdw Well-Known Member

WDW may have moved on and HEA is a fantastic win for MK/TDO. But I'm still disappointed that we don't have a replacement yet.
    So, if it's common knowledge with DL's insiders that PTN isn't going anywhere for now, why did Corless post that article?

16. GiveMeTheMusic

GiveMeTheMusic Well-Known Member

Corless has nailed some scoops, but he is not always right. He goes for the clicks, and maybe he doesn't even know that the story is false.

17. Evan-500

Well I do think Hong Kong's was down for a refurb not long ago... but I assume working conditions / standards are a bit different over there.

18. Travel Junkie

Travel Junkie Well-Known Member

It's the costumes. They are very different. Hong Kong's are simple and functional. Disneyland's are elaborate but not functional. One time while watching PTN at Disneyland I was standing near a backstage entrance. 4 different performers were whisked in to fix wardrobe malfunctions during just that one performance.

HK's costumes look cheap compared to Disneyland. At least they work though!

brb1006 and Dr. Hans Reinhardt like this.
  19. InsideDisney

InsideDisney Active Member

Yea, No corless wasn't the first one to tweet this, 2 Minutes before corless tweeted it a different person tweeted it.

20. Kira Nerys

Kira Nerys Well-Known Member

The parades seem to be an operational nightmare at DL. I'm sure many within the company would love to retire them again. People camp out on Main Street just like they used to for Fantasmic, the park gets split in half during the parade and huge terrifying bottlenecks form, exiting can be a nightmare. Just how many people do they employ to wave Yoda lightsabers and yell at people?

mnelson3 likes this.