1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

The Main Street Electrical Parade Comes Home

Discussion in 'Disneyland Resort' started by epcot82fan, Nov 3, 2016.

1. jrhwdw

jrhwdw Well-Known Member

Sorry but a summer of MSEP In DL is not a bad thing. Especially if they haven't solved PTN'S issues yet. Let's not fall back to the old no night parade during summer like we had before the 60th. DL is better than that. Then again, so is MK and look where we are! I wish Disney would wake up and get something in there!

2. Dr. Hans Reinhardt

Dr. Hans Reinhardt Well-Known Member

What exactly are PTN's issues and why is it taking so long to solve them?

3. PiratesMansion

PiratesMansion Active Member

I don't think the option was ever MSEP or no night parade at all, particularly in the summer. It is very possible that PTN had unforeseen issues pop up, certainly, but there's probably around a 95% chance that it was genuinely extended because people are so obsessed about this darn parade.

I get that people love it, but it's time to move on. It's old. It's tired. It is 45 years old and falling apart. The distinctive score was watered down in favor of a poor reimagining of the Dreamlights soundtrack. The concept of a night parade has been improved in almost every other incarnation, whether Spectro, Fantillusion, Dreamlights, or Paint the Night. Disneyland already has a state of the art parade that they could be showing and has shown to the public. But the MSEP is *different* and *special* so some would have it run another 45 years in some capacity if they could.

Some things really need to be able to die. MSEP, to me, is one of those things.

Apparently the floats desperately needed refurbishment after running twice a night for over a year, which I can understand. It was also reported that Paint the Night needed to rework some of the costumes because they were temperamental and uncomfortable for the cast.

4. GiveMeTheMusic

GiveMeTheMusic Well-Known Member

PTN needed some refurb work and some costume redesigns. TDA has put off the actual work however - I don't even know if they've started on it and it's March. Extending MSEP is pure laziness.

brb1006 and Dr. Hans Reinhardt like this.
  5. jrhwdw

jrhwdw Well-Known Member

It's April now, what? Are they too busy with Tower and SWL to get PTN and F! done??????? Rolls eyes Maybe Disney is looking to move PTN somewhere if guests are still loving MSEP in DL?

6. AJH219

AJH219 Well-Known Member

PTN is NOT GOING ANYWHERE!!! OMG
    [​IMG]

7. Curious Constance

Curious Constance Well-Known Member

It's not like PTN returning won't drive just as many people to the park.

Dr. Hans Reinhardt likes this.
  8. jrhwdw

jrhwdw Well-Known Member

Then why is DL not working their buts off referbing PTN? Sounds like its just sitting there, not even starting getting work done. HOPEFULLY it's not in a Florida style tent!

9. drizgirl

drizgirl Well-Known Member

I agree. But I think Disney just likes to have several "new" things to roll out at once so it whips up more of a frenzy. Disney loves a good frenzy.

10. Curious Constance

Curious Constance Well-Known Member

I made that comment as an agreement to your original comment. People think MSEP is staying because it's driving people to the park, but PTN will drive just as many people when it makes it's return. :)

But yes, PTN and Fantasmic together will make for a fantastic bump in the otherwise "lull" in attendance when school starts back up.

Sounds like a nightmare to me though.

Dr. Hans Reinhardt and drizgirl like this.
  11. drizgirl

Right there with you. Any time Disney gears up for a new frenzy, that's my cue to stay home. ;) For a while anyway.

12. mnelson3

mnelson3 Well-Known Member

Hopefully they won't significantly change/downgrade the PTN costumes.

drizgirl likes this.
  13. Nland316

Nland316 Well-Known Member

I'm hoping that the candelabra ballroom prince costumes that HK current has, come stateside with this refurbishment.. They're truly a beautiful design and compliment their female counterparts very well.

Attached Files:

14. mikenatcity1

mikenatcity1 Well-Known Member

I'm a little excited that MSEP has been extended...I only wish it would be extended another month after...only because of a family emergency i've had to cancel my birthday trip in June and D23 and wanted desperately to see the parade in its original location (i'll be there the week before the Halloween parties start).

15. Stevek

Stevek Well-Known Member

Finally saw it last night, wife's birthday, her favorite parade ever so that worked out well. That being said, they better bring PTN back.

16. Figment82

Figment82 Well-Known Member

I ended up seeing the parade 5 times last weekend. It was wonderful to finally see it in its "home" park, after having previously seen it in WDW, DCA, and DLP. Maybe I was delirious from the sleepless nights we had spent in Joshua Tree beforehand, but I totally teared up when the announcement started and the train apeared through the gate and rounded Town Square.

The route was packed and it was great to see so many people getting into it and enjoying themselves. Having the drum reverted back to its original text was awesome (even with its visible "scars"). I'm so glad I was able to make the trip out to see it. I love PTN, but MSEP will always hold a very special place in my heart!

Last edited: May 3, 2017
    rreading, raven24, brb1006 and 2 others like this.
  17. HauntedPirate

HauntedPirate Premium Member

Ok, question for the DLR experts/insiders: Is Paint the Night going to be back only for "Holidays 2017" and then MSEP will return? It seems rather ridiculous for TDA to spend the time and money to rehab the parade if it's only going to be used for a couple of months.

18. drizgirl

They said MSEP was back to say farewell.

Now..... whether you believe that this time is another story. ;)

19. HauntedPirate

HauntedPirate Premium Member

We all know that Disney rarely does what it says and says what it does. ;)

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see the MSEP in it's original location and all spiffed up, but it just needs to be retired permanently and PTN back running its regular schedule.

PiratesMansion likes this.
  20. drizgirl

I wish they had given MSEP a year to say goodbye so people who can't get there early in the year might get a chance to see it.

HauntedPirate likes this.