The Magic Of Disney Animation closing?

Next Big Thing

Matt_Black

Or, this is a temporary measure. Remember that it's been rumored that things are happening in phases at DHS. So, there's Star Wars stuff at the Animation building while work is being done on the other side, and then when that's ready, they close up the SW stop gap and get to work there.

Next Big Thing

Or, this is a temporary measure. Remember that it's been rumored that things are happening in phases at DHS. So, there's Star Wars stuff at the Animation building while work is being done on the other side, and then when that's ready, they close up the SW stop gap and get to work there.
Obviously it is. Notice I made mention of extensive changes on the way.

Still seems lazy and is really just throwing Star Wars where it doesn't belong.

Next Big Thing

You're right; it's not like Star Wars has had a presence in DHS for over a quarter of a century or anything like that....
....And? That shouldn't matter. Guests shouldn't have to senselessly lose an attraction for movie promotion, especially when the park sucks enough as it is.

There's other spaces they could do something like this (Premiere Theatre, Sounds Dangerous). Use both and no attractions are lost and you also keep Star Wars stuff close to the actual Star Wars attraction.

Matt_Black

That only works if those locations aren't at the start of renovation and construction, and we don't know if that's the case yet.

Next Big Thing

That only works if those locations aren't at the start of renovation and construction, and we don't know if that's the case yet.
I get that Premiere will be going and who knows, could be very soon, but I just don't see what the purpose of the Animation Academy closing was. It doesn't seem to have any bearing on the whole Star Wars thing.

Unless the rumors of an expanded Animation Academy for higher capacity is in the works.

jt04

I get that Premiere will be going and who knows, could be very soon, but I just don't see what the purpose of the Animation Academy closing was. It doesn't seem to have any bearing on the whole Star Wars thing.

Unless the rumors of an expanded Animation Academy for higher capacity is in the works.

Steve has mentioned that everything in that quadrant is likely to be reimagined as part of the project to fix the studios park.

Kman101

If the Star Wars preview thing is happening at the Animation building, why couldn't it go in the Sounds Dangerous location? Couldn't they also use the former rooms for Idol auditions in the new Hyperion Theater? There's other places for this kind of thing. Seems strange to shutter a popular attraction and meet and greets for more meet and greets and a movie showcase ... lol And considering Sounds Dangerous is right next to Star Tours.

Matt_Black

Yes, but if they start back in that area and work their way around to the otherside of the park in phases, then it makes sense to promote the new film (that is going to make huge money even if it's terrible) over on the side that they won't be working on in the near future.

Chef Kronk

Mickey Mouse at his new home across from Studio Catering Co. (via @DisneyCharacterGuide on Twitter):
CJzNM0KUsAANoaf.jpg

TyrantBoss

Disney can do whatever they want, it's their park after all, but we are ones who pay for the park to run.
Without the fans there is no park.
I do know that Disney is planning huge updates and they are well needed in Hollywood Studios/Adventure/Kingdom/World...but I find the shuttering of the Animation classes to be odd.

Disney just started sharing the how-to videos on YouTube and within the last two years the popularity of those classes exploded.
Over the last 10 years...during the first 8...it used to be a nice pit stop with a few people waiting outside. There was never a line and it was actually a nice break.
Since they started posting the videos......for the last 2 years...there were huge lines and huge wait times. The room was always filled to capacity where we had to actually draw using the lap boards last year.

In my humble opinion....Disney should bring that back and use some other wasted space for it but make it bigger and better.....unless they are going to phase out all of the animators since they are retheming the park altogether.

Whatever...it's their park. We will vote with our wallets I guess.

Brer Panther

Will Animation Courtyard survive the expansion at all? I mean, I imagine Disney Junior and Voyage of the Little Mermaid will close, but will there still be a section of the park called "Animation Courtyard" at all, or will it become part of PIXAR Place?

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Here's a link to a pic. Sorry! I don't know how to attach it properly to the post when I'm on mobile.

https://mobile.twitter.com/jnnelson79/status/620720621970960388/photo/1

Thank you for sharing the picture, although it is sad. I'm going to miss that attraction.

I wish now I had saved my 4 pictures that I drew in the drawing class there, over the years. Although I really enjoyed the drawing classes, I have to confess that somehow my Disney characters never quite looked anything like the expert drawing that the CM drew, up at the head of the room. (I also remember looking around at other more artistic guests' drawings in the room, and wondering what the heck I just drew?! ;) :))

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom