The Long Debate Solved

Wikkler

Original Poster
Since Magic Kingdom opened in 1971 people have been debating about what park/resort has the most attractions. Wait no more.

I only counted rides that have perceived movement by the guest. Vibrations don't count.

The resort with the most rides... is... Disneyland Resort in California. A few people here may not be surprised. What is surprising, is without Paradise Pier, the resort instantly goes down to number 2.

Resort Rankings:
  1. Disneyland Resort - 53
  2. Walt Disney World Resort - 45
  3. Tokyo Disneyland Resort - 44
  4. Disneyland Paris Resort - 28
  5. Hong Kong Disneyland Resort - 17
Park Rankings:
  1. Disneyland - 32
  2. Tokyo Disneyland - 24
  3. Magic Kingdom - 23
  4. Disneyland Paris - 22
  5. California Adventure - 21
  6. Tokyo DisneySea - 20
  7. Hong Kong Disneyland - 17
  8. Epcot - 10
  9. Walt Disney Studios Park (shudder) - 10
  10. Animal Kingdom - 7
  11. Hollywood Studios - 5

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Park Rankings:
  1. Disneyland - 32
  2. Tokyo Disneyland - 24
  3. Magic Kingdom - 23
  4. Disneyland Paris - 22
  6. Tokyo DisneySea - 20
  8. Epcot - 10
  10. Animal Kingdom - 7

Kind of curious.. What do you mean by "park ranking?"

Californian Elitist

Anything that physically moves is considered a ride.

The Disneyland count is slightly off. It looks like the Horse-Drawn Streetcar, the Jitney, the Fire Engine and the Omnibus (all Main Street vehicles) were excluded. The count is 36. DCA's count is correct.

JohnD

Since Magic Kingdom opened in 1971 people have been debating about what park/resort has the most attractions. Wait no more.

I only counted rides that have perceived movement by the guest. Vibrations don't count.

The resort with the most rides... is... Disneyland Resort in California. A few people here may not be surprised. What is surprising, is without Paradise Pier, the resort instantly goes down to number 2.

Resort Rankings:
  1. Disneyland Resort - 53
  2. Walt Disney World Resort - 45
  3. Tokyo Disneyland Resort - 44
  4. Disneyland Paris Resort - 28
  5. Hong Kong Disneyland Resort - 17
Park Rankings:
  1. Disneyland - 32
  2. Tokyo Disneyland - 24
  3. Magic Kingdom - 23
  4. Disneyland Paris - 22
  6. Tokyo DisneySea - 20
  8. Epcot - 10
  10. Animal Kingdom - 7

Why only rides? Why are they more special than attractions where you don't move? And how do you count them? Do CBJ, HOP, and ETB not count because you sit in a theatre and watch moving animatronics? Does COP count? You certainly move there. The entire theatre revolves around four scenes. Other than that, it's not different from the others I just mentioned. Is Mission:Space a "ride" because it spins? Or Soarin? It just lifts you up then back down again. Is ST a ride because it shakes you around while looking at a 3D movie? I suppose Energy counts as a "ride". But it's just an attraction moving through videos of Jeopardy with dinosaurs in-between.

It just seems a little too subjective. There are plenty of good attractions that are not "rides". So to say the the debate is "solved" seems premature to me.

Wikkler

Original Poster
Anything that physically moves is considered a ride.

The Disneyland count is slightly off. It looks like the Horse-Drawn Streetcar, the Jitney, the Fire Engine and the Omnibus (all Main Street vehicles) were excluded. The count is 36. DCA's count is correct.
I sorta counted them all as one, that's why.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom