The lines and wait times when Avatar land opens

Daveeeeed

I think it's an interesting question about DAK and FP+ and tiering. The park hasn't needed tiers since the existing attractions are generally high capacity, so they have been able to offer a lot of FP+ to guests and have plenty of reasonable choices. The two Pandora rides -- and RoL -- are relatively smaller capacity in the grand scheme of things and obviously demand will be high for them. So, it might make sense to make a tier of FoP, NRJ and RoL (maybe toss in the Mickey M&G there or something) with the other existing FP+ to be the remaining two options. That would at least allow most any guest to get FP+ to at least one of the new offerings.

OTOH, they could just leave it tier-less. Sure, that would mean that some folks would go full bore with all three new offerings and other guests would be left out of them -- but on the flip side, they'd still have great options available like Everest, Dinosaur, the safari or even Kali (during the summer months) which can still be valuable FP+ unlike the non-tier options at Epcot especially (and the non-ToT options at DHS). I feel like Disney wants to move away from tiering if possible (expanding Soarin' and TSM seemed to be a move to that) but we'll see what happens.
Both Pandora rides should have a pretty good capacity.

My guesses is
3 hours for Flight Of The Passage
5 hours for the Nav'i river journey
That's just purely guessing.
Passage -- depending on if the vehicle is going to be as cool as it is said to be ex. Breathing, then it could very well have equal as the boat, but I do agree that the boat ride is going to be very popular even as a d-ticket. It does have great capacity though, so it should be interesting.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
What are the chances that Disney limits entry into Pandora on exceptionally busy days similar to what Universal did with Hogsmead? I mean, when Hogsmead first opened, the area was jam-packed with people, but I don't remember the line for Forbidden Journey getting much above about 90-120 minutes (after the hype of opening week wore off).

PuertoRekinSam

Since we have a hard and fast approaching opening day, do we know how FP+ will be handled?

Will it be a timed release with a press event like mine train?
A timed release with a blog post like Star Wars weekends (Frank Oz I'm looking at you)?

At a set time and day previously mentioned in a blog post, but within 74 days?

Or the normal 7am release 74 days out?

IMDREW

I hope they also use the same boats (capacity) as pirates in Shanghai. I know they're using the same ride system, so why not the same capacity. When i was there, pirates always had a short waittime because it fits so many people in one boat. All other rides had incredible 2-3 hour waittimes and pirates had just about 40 min. because of this. If they do use the same boats this ride will be fine!

Trey Cullifer

What is this 60+10 window. If I am going to be there May 26th through June 2nd. I was planning on splitting animal kingdom into 2 half days, one evening and one morning, therefore splitting my fastpasses in case they tier the pandora rides. When should I start checking on FP availability. I would check every morning when we were there the week of 7DMT opening and had no problem getting FP for that. Any help would be greatly appreciated

twebber55

What is this 60+10 window. If I am going to be there May 26th through June 2nd. I was planning on splitting animal kingdom into 2 half days, one evening and one morning, therefore splitting my fastpasses in case they tier the pandora rides. When should I start checking on FP availability. I would check every morning when we were there the week of 7DMT opening and had no problem getting FP for that. Any help would be greatly appreciated
60 days from may 26
for ex ill be there june 4 but my 60 day window starts april 5

S 2

Hello! I have a friend whose daughter is going to WDW today, I was wondering what we know about Avatar's soft openings, I was wondering if anyone could suggest any strategies for her...

gorillaball

Like, none? CAN THEY DO THAT!?!?! ;)

Why not? Well, they have lots of previews for cast members, annual pass holders etc so that probably accomplishes some of their testing. They could have some limited softs later but most here don't seem to think they will. Certainly not this early.

TTA94

Anyone hear how long the lines have been for the cast member previews? Curious how long they will be during the AP previews.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom