Trip Report The lets take things a little slower this time trip report

Hello everyone. Long time trip report reader, 1st time trip report writer here. I'm hoping that anyone that decides to read along to this report doesn't find themselves bored to death or hoping for a long sleep when you're done.
Well, lets get down to business. The story is about 4(Me-DH, DW, DS, and DS) adventurous souls that decided to take a trip to the most magical place on earth. But before we do that we'll try something else first. Follow along and you see what that is. :)

We arrive at the airport anxious and excited to get the vacation going. We stop to pick up a few snacks and wait to board our flight. Next stop Charlotte en route to Orlando.

20140529_124642.jpg

20140529_124657.jpg

1st leg of the flight lasts about 45 minutes and is extremely uneventful. We arrive in Charlotte and decide to grab a bite to eat. Now when I say we decide to grab a bite to eat I mean my wife and I eat and our boys play video games. :)

20140529_143451.jpg

After lunch we head over to our gate for 2nd leg of trip. Next stop Orlando, Fl.

Last edited:

bow0303

Original Poster
So we arrive in Orlando a few minutes early and head to the luggage claim. With luggage in hand we head to the car rental counter. We pass the DME area and I so want to check in but maybe in the future. A few steps further and we can see the line for Dollar rent a car and its much longer that the DME que. :( We get in line and, wait. 15 minutes later we're still waiting. 30 minutes later we're still waiting. 45 minutes later we're still waiting. 50 minutes later and we're just being called to the counter. I hate when you're trying to start your vacation and waiting in line is not allowing you to do that. That had to be the longest hour of my life. After what seemed like an eternity we have completed all the paperwork and answered all questions and we finally headed to pick out our car the next few days. At this time we are doubting that we'll be able to make our Rain Forest Café ADR. We call to explain our situation and see if we can change it to a later time. We're told that they will hold it for 15 minutes after our reservation time but no longer. Oh well, we'll see what happens. :) We drive under the WDW sign (didn't get a pic) which i'm bummed about but I guess i'll be ok. LOL. We think we might just make it until we pull into the Downtown Disney parking lot and realize that its packed. Even the valet parking is full. So we drive around looking to catch someone coming out to the car and we can follow them to the spot. We luckily enough find someone just arriving to their car and we get a spot right in front. We park with no time to spare. We're actually 20 minutes past our reservation at this but we head to dinner anyway. Is it me or is the smell in the air just screams Disney? We arrive at the restaurant and check in.

20140529_200051.jpg

10433146_1518928254993699_5200575563537663927_n[1].jpg

We have made it a tradition that we visit Downtown Disney and eat at Rain Forest or Trex. We don't have either anywhere near where we live so its fun eating at these restaurants. The atmosphere at both are wonderfull. We all eat dinner but the main event is desert :) We order our "VOLCANOOOOO" and are very anxious for it to arrive. We get a kick on how each waiter/waitress has their own way of "announcing" it when its brought to the table. We were a little upset that without any warning or fanfare its put in front of us. Its a little bit of a let down, but hey we're in Disney and surely there will be more great moments to follow.

20140529_212630.jpg

It was exactly how we remembered it and we begin to dig in. It was sooooo good. With full bellies and excited about the rest of our vacation we head to the hotel to check in, get a good nights sleep and next up LEGOLAND.

DisSplash

Wow! I have been to Rainforest Café before, but I was completely clueless about that dessert - we are not usually dessert people as we are typically stuffed after our dinners. That may change next time we get to Orlando tho - that Volcano thing looks A-Mazing! It also does look like it deserved some kind of fanfare when it comes out to the table, so sorry to hear that part was a bit of a bust, but I am guessing the favor wasn't! It looks super yummy! :hungry:

Your boys are adorable, and I love the monster shirts! Looking forward to reading more as I have not fallen asleep yet -- LOL! :)

bow0303

Original Poster
Wow! I have been to Rainforest Café before, but I was completely clueless about that dessert - we are not usually dessert people as we are typically stuffed after our dinners. That may change next time we get to Orlando tho - that Volcano thing looks A-Mazing! It also does look like it deserved some kind of fanfare when it comes out to the table, so sorry to hear that part was a bit of a bust, but I am guessing the favor wasn't! It looks super yummy! :hungry:

Your boys are adorable, and I love the monster shirts! Looking forward to reading more as I have not fallen asleep yet -- LOL! :)

Yes, we are generally full as well but make it a point to save some room for it. You'll see that the matching shirts as a theme on this trip. Great that you're still wide awake and hopefully that will not change. ;)

bow0303

Original Poster
Glad you made it to your ADR. Dessert looks fantastic. Will have to add that to my list of new foods to try.

We were happy also. We really wanted to slow down this trip and try some things that we hadn't tried before. Rushing to try and make reservation didn't seem to help that, but we did slow down after this. Its just a brownie and ice cream but the presentation and being at Disney helps make it a must do for us.

bow0303

Original Poster
So after a good nights sleep we awake Friday morning ready to go. The beds at Embassy Suites Orlando - Lake Buena Vista South are really comfortable. They also have a fabulous breakfast buffet also. I would recommend to anyone staying in Orlando/Kissimmee and not staying Disney property. So my older son absolutely loves Lego's. He spends hours in his room building them. My younger sons follows after his big brother so he really likes them too. When we started planning this trip it didn't include this part but as we read trip reports and researched numerous sites and boards, we found out about LEGOLAND. It was a no brainer and added as a must do shortly after. So after breakfast we hop in the car and head south toward Winter Haven. About 50 minutes later we arrive. I will warn you now we didn't take as many pictures as we should have because the boys wouldn't slow down long enough for us to get good shots of them. We did manage to get a few though.

20140530_103606.jpg

20140530_105840.jpg

1st stop World of Chima-The quest for Chi.
20140530_105820.jpg

This was a really fun ride. Its perfect for a really hot day and today is that. Looking back, its felt like the hottest day of the trip. We let the boys get on a few more rides and head to Lego City. The boys really wanted to go on Ford driving school so we headed there. Just outside is a life size model of the Ford Explorer. We have one and everyone was amazed at just how similar is was. The ride was really fun. It taught the kids the basics of driving and they were able to drive their own cars on simulated streets with stop lights and everything.

20140530_131254.jpg

ATTACH=full]57895[/ATTACH]
20140530_131234.jpg

They have a video inside, like a time lapse that shows you the entire process from beginning to end. Very cool.
10440803_1518928211660370_949955272006062659_n[1].jpg

10401915_1518928171660374_1653770570124498054_n[1].jpg

We walked around a little more before grabbing some lunch.

20140530_135448.jpg

LEGOLAND is a really nice park. Lots to do for everyone. We decided to head out earlier than planned because it looked like a storm was coming in. We wanted to do more but now we have an excuse to go back. We headed back to the hotel to relax and take a swim. After the swim we head back to the room to relax, grab some dinner and get some rest for the next day.

Next stop....Port Canaveral!

Last edited:

DisSplash

Our keeps keep asking about LEGOLAND ... looks like we will have to give it a try next time (and before they get too old to really appreciate it)!

Loved the matching shirts again! :D

bow0303

Original Poster
Our keeps keep asking about LEGOLAND ... looks like we will have to give it a try next time (and before they get too old to really appreciate it)!

Loved the matching shirts again! :D

Our boys really liked it. They have a section called Miniland USA. Its most major cities/landmarks built with lego's of course. You can spend hours looking at all the details. They also have little buttons at each section you can push to make things happen. I didn't get pictures of this like I wanted that's why I haven't posted any. I will see if my wife has taken some and if so I will post those.

Last edited:

mrdrift

Great trip report, my kids and I love the pictures of Legoland and of course now they want to go. Add that to the list of things to do on the next trip. Looks like the family is having a great time. Will be watching for more.

Disney Couple

My kids are in college now and still remeber all of the times we got the Volcano at the Rain Forest Cafe. They still talk about it as we are planning future trips.

bow0303

Original Poster
Great trip report, my kids and I love the pictures of Legoland and of course now they want to go. Add that to the list of things to do on the next trip. Looks like the family is having a great time. Will be watching for more.

Glad you liked. Trying to find the rest of them so I can post. Thanks for reading along.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom