Trip Report * COMPLETED* The Let's Never Go Home Trip

Hey everyone! I don't have all my pictures and videos sorted or anything yet but its a rainy cold day here in Buffalo so why not work on my trip report :) I took over 4000 videos and pictures (I started a youtube channel for my videos :happy: ) so bear with me as I sort through them all! All and all we had a great trip and I wish we weren't home already :(

For those of you who want to see my PTR here it is: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/the-dole-whip-extravaganza.910063/

Let's get started!

Who?:
From left to right: My Dad (Jeff), My Mom (Mary), Nick (Jill's Boyfriend), My Sister Jill (@Disney Dentist ) and Me (Megan!)
PhotoPass_Visiting_Epcot_7674127906.jpg

When?
Jill and Nick were there from April 29 - May 6
My parents and I were there from April 30 - May 12

Where?
We stayed at Port Orleans French Quarter! Its our favorite hotel (moderate wise) for sure and it did not disappoint this trip :) We had a great time there and after not having stayed there for a few trips we really enjoyed being back at our "home."

Why?
Why not? We planned this trip before my mom and I went to DL and WDW by ourselves; it was originally a trip to help us get through our post Disney depression from February 2015 but we also ended up going twice more before this....haha

The Title?
We were there for a record (for us) 13 days and it seemed like we were never going to have to leave...unfortunately day 13 did come and we did eventually have to go home. Even after being there for so long I still wasn't ready to leave!

T-1 Day to go:
Jill and Nick were already in Disney but my parents and I could not leave until Saturday because I have clinic on Fridays which is non-negitionable (we get our vacation in two week blocks so technically my vacation didn't start until May 2 but luckily I was able to get the weekend off before). Anyway we had Jills dogs to take care of for one day. I was off my from regular rotation in the morning which was nice because we had time to get our nails done. However, just about an hour before I had to go to clinic my sister's one dog had some issues :hungover: Here I am bathing him (with my fresh manicure) right before having to go to work...
IMG_2190.JPG

Meanwhile this is the text I get when I am at clinic....
IMG_2191.JPG

Must be nice...;) Anyway we got him cleaned up and when I got home from work we got the dogs all situated at their respective places to stay. We then checked we packed everything and I made my Dad sit down with me and make sure he had everything he needed. This will come into play later since he really wasn't paying attention to me :happy:

Day 1 Travel Day
Well our flight was leaving at 6:50 am so we got up around 4:00 am to get ready to go. Luckily we live close to the airport but still planned on leaving around 5 am to make sure we had time. I had a weird feeling all morning that the airport was going to be packed so I was a little more anxious than usual
IMG_1073.JPG

IMG_1075.JPG
IMG_1078.JPG

Anyway we shoved our five (yes five, and my 2 were both full size) suitcases into my Dad's car and off we went to the airport. We ended up leaving a little before 5. We got to the airport and we parked and had to drag our suitcases into the terminal. Its not that far but I was spoiled by our last few trips where my Dad dropped us off at the door haha. Anyway as we were on the elevator I was super anxious and my Dad was like calm down its never that crowded. Literally as soon as he said that the door opened and what did we see? A HUGE line for security...like out the entrance for it all the way through the airport. :eek::confused: I almost panicked but instead thought "oh no worries we almost always get TSA pre-check." So we check in and the tickets come out and no pre-check for my Mom and I. My Dad always gets it because he is a government/army employee. He was going to wait in line with us but I told him to go ahead so in case we were so long we didn't get to board on time he could save our seats. I also assumed maybe he would get us breakfast...spoiler alert he didn't haha
Anyway my poor mother had to deal with me through the almost hour we waited in security..I was so nervous we were going to miss our flight (or at least boarding). Luckily we got out around 6:15 and our boarding was 6:25.
My mom and I met my Dad at the gate and while he didn't get us breakfast he did get us cookies so there is that :) Thumbs up we made it on time, as I am sure many people did not make it! In fact our flight definitely left without some people.
IMG_1079.JPG
IMG_4111.JPG

My penguin and dinosaur were ready to go!
IMG_4113.JPG

We were in the early A's so we got a good seat and immediately put on our magic bands :)
IMG_1082.JPG

Next up: traveling continued

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 1 continued
At Casey's Corner we had corn dog nuggets and fries and Jill and Nick had chili cheese dogs. All the food was really good! It was actually my first time ever eating a corn dog...I live under a rock apparently
IMG_4180.JPG

IMG_4181.JPG
IMG_4182.JPG

After that satisfying meal we ran into some Festival of Fantasy parade traffic and watched a little of it on our way to meet Mickey! I am destined to never actually sit down and see this parade...it never fits into our plans for some reason haha
Soon enough we were in the presence of the main cheese!
This time he played a magic trick with us and had all queen of hearts cards to choose from...it was so cute!
PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7673429481-2.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7673429482-2.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7673429483-2.jpg

We didn't want to spend too much in the park because we had a long night ahead of us so we left after this. We wanted to upgrade to annual passes since we are going back in November so we headed to guest relations. We got free water while waiting in line! Who says you can't get anything free in Disney ;)
IMG_4188.jpg

The CM who helped us with our passes was so nice and helpful. We ended up getting a refund on our Memory Maker because you get Photo Pass downloads with the annual pass so with that money we bought Tables in Wonderland
IMG_4190.JPG

After this we headed back to the hotel and to our beautiful room number 4106
IMG_1096.JPG

Mickey towel! With random assorted swim gear behind it haha
IMG_4192.JPG

Next up: unpacking, window decor and pool time!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
YAY!!! This trip sounds so fun. 13 days?!!! Wow. I'm super jealous. Also, your airport story just stresses me out to think about it. I've only missed a plane once, but it was awful. I'm so glad you guys made it on!
Ah I have never missed a plane and I don't want to be that close to it ever again! So stressful!

Love Love Love mom's Minnie shirt!! :inlove:
Right? I wish I had one for myself...so cute :)

LindsayLoves

It was horrible! I was so stressed the entire time. We never had an issue with security before but my Dad said he thinks the TSA in Buffalo doesn't open until 5 so thats probably why there was a bottleneck :( We were in line behind people who had a flight like 30 minutes before us and weren't stressed at all haha

This explains so much. I have flown out of BUF more times than I can count (born and raised in the Queen City) and the only time that there is a crazy TSA line like that is in the early morning. If you come an hour later there is almost no line. Glad you didn't miss your flight and I can't wait to read about your 13 day stay!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Great start!

This explains so much. I have flown out of BUF more times than I can count (born and raised in the Queen City) and the only time that there is a crazy TSA line like that is in the early morning. If you come an hour later there is almost no line. Glad you didn't miss your flight and I can't wait to read about your 13 day stay!
Oh my gosh right? I guess I have never flown out that early because I have always gotten through TSA in like 30 mins max! Good to know I guess for the future haha

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Ok so reading your report is now going to help me get through to my trip. Looking forward to hearing all about your trip - love that shirt I hope they have some in November - I want one! Following along

I hope its helping you get through! They had that shirt in many different colors too! I bet it will be around in November it seemed liked it was super popular

You and your family are so cute!!! I'm loving your TR so far! The longest we've ever stayed in Disney has been 9 nights/10 days. Hopefully we'll be able to do 2 weeks next summer!
Looking forward to reading more about your trip!!!!

Aw thanks! I hope you get to do two weeks! 13 days was so amazing and honestly I felt like I could have used more time haha

Doc Disney

Original Poster
OK I have a quick break in my day here so time for a quick update :)

Day 1 continued
So my Dad headed down to the pool while my Mom and I unpacked (must be nice to be him ;)). We are both the people that unpack and put stuff in drawers. I always did this, even as a kid! My mom adopted it once she realized how easy it was to find stuff during the trip :) I brought my hanging shoe organizer but we couldn't find a good place for it so it had to stay in the suitcase :( Not to worry, though, I was able to hang up all our Vera toiletry bags so that made it look organized at least haha
We also decorated our window for the first time ever this trip! Look at all those tsums haha
IMG_1094.JPG

Also apparently this is the only hotel room picture I took which is funny because we watched a lot of HGTV at night this trip and always joked about how nice the room was because it had two sinks (since everyone always talks about two sinks on the shows in the Master baths)
IMG_4193.JPG

After we were done we met everyone else down at the pool! We had some good fun with my new waterproof camera
DSCF0034.JPG

DSCF0033.JPG

DSCF0031.jpg

Underwater selfie
DSCF0032.JPG

above water (terrible) selfie for those of us who wear contacts..
DSCF0027.JPG

@Disney Dentist will probably hate me for this one but I like it because my Mom is in the background haha
DSCF0030.JPG

I eventually ditched my contacts (not like actually ditched them in the pool but handed them to my mom to throw out) so that I could get in on the underwater action haha
DSCF0035.JPG

After some serious swimming we all headed to the bar to grab a drink. I'll be honest the only drinks I remember are mine (white sangria), my Mom's (Moscato Colada) and Jill's (Captain's Mai Tai). I guess I didn't take pictures but we all enjoyed our drinks. Maybe my Dad and Nick had a beer? Really not sure!

Next up: exploring POFQ, Contemporary and California Grill!

prfctlyximprct

Absolutely love your underwater pictures! I used to have a lifeproof case for my iphone so I could take underwater photos, but then I smashed my lovely iphone 5 on the floor and had to get a 6. Now my waterproof lifeproof case is null and void! Oh first world problems! LOL... really want an underwater camera or phone cover by November!

I wear contacts too and I hate it! Glad you ditched them and lived in the moment! Loving your trip report so far! Can't wait to hear about Cali Grill! I am so excited to go there!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
We also unpack into the drawers too! I've never decorated our window, I may have to do that this trip, since we'll be celebrating two birthdays (husbands 50th and sons 16th).

Great underwater photos, what type of camera do you have.

It was so fun decorating the window! We made the envelopes for MouseKeeping and were looking for another project to get us through the wait time so we browsed Party City for some ideas. I originally wanted to make Mickey streamers out of paint color chips from the Disney collection but they only have the Disney paint collection at Walmart now and I never go there so never made a special trip. I bet there are some neat ideas for birthdays! My waterproof camera is a Fujifilm FinePix XP80 Waterproof Digital Camera :) I got it at Target for pretty cheap like $100 because it was on sale

Loving your TR so far! And also love your mom's shirt!!! :)

Thank you! I will have to tell my mom everyone loves the shirt haha

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Awesome trip report! Your mom's shirt is lovely and the Tsum Tsum pile is cute! :inlove:
Thank you! I love Tsum Tsums....I own too many haha. I honestly used to think they were so weird and I bought my Dad the Alien one from Toy Story as a joke...then it progressed into me buying them all..haha

Absolutely love your underwater pictures! I used to have a lifeproof case for my iphone so I could take underwater photos, but then I smashed my lovely iphone 5 on the floor and had to get a 6. Now my waterproof lifeproof case is null and void! Oh first world problems! LOL... really want an underwater camera or phone cover by November!

I wear contacts too and I hate it! Glad you ditched them and lived in the moment! Loving your trip report so far! Can't wait to hear about Cali Grill! I am so excited to go there!

Thanks for following :) Ugh I hate that the iPhone 6 is much bigger I still haven't found a good running case for it! I love having an underwater camera. My dad was joking and asked if I was going to get one since I take so many pictures and videos and the more I thought about it the more I wanted it. Its good up to 50 ft so it was perfect for the Wave Pool at Typhoon Lagoon!! Contacts are so annoying sometimes. I used to wear the monthly ones but now I wear dailies so its much better I dont mind getting rid of them in the moment. I also hate being blind without them though. Its quite the conundrum haha. I will get to the Cali Grill as soon as my patients stop being needy ;)

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Sorry for the delay everyone! I have spent my weekend re-arrenging our entire November trip...but that is a story for PTR :)

Day 1 continued
I decided to get showered before dinner so that I would not have to take one when I got back from dinner so while I showered my Mom and Dad explored POFQ
I think they met another couple along the way that took their picture
IMG_1101.JPG

After I was ready we got ready to leave for the MK bus...but first I had to take this picture :happy:
IMG_1104.jpg

We hopped on the bus for the MK and met a nice couple who asked us where we were going for dinner (correctly assumed we were dressed up because we were going to dinner haha) and we swapped stories about restaurants to try! They said they were in Disney for the first time without their kids and they felt pretty bad about it, but not bad enough haha
Anyway soon enough we were in the MK and hopped on the monorail to the Contemporary. We had some time to kill so went outside to explore
IMG_4198.JPG
IMG_4199.JPG

IMG_4202.JPG
IMG_4205.JPG

IMG_4206.jpg

IMG_4215.JPG

IMG_4211.jpg
IMG_4217.jpg

Next up: California Grill

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom