Trip Report * COMPLETED* The Let's Never Go Home Trip

Hey everyone! I don't have all my pictures and videos sorted or anything yet but its a rainy cold day here in Buffalo so why not work on my trip report :) I took over 4000 videos and pictures (I started a youtube channel for my videos :happy: ) so bear with me as I sort through them all! All and all we had a great trip and I wish we weren't home already :(

For those of you who want to see my PTR here it is: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/the-dole-whip-extravaganza.910063/

Let's get started!

Who?:
From left to right: My Dad (Jeff), My Mom (Mary), Nick (Jill's Boyfriend), My Sister Jill (@Disney Dentist ) and Me (Megan!)
PhotoPass_Visiting_Epcot_7674127906.jpg

When?
Jill and Nick were there from April 29 - May 6
My parents and I were there from April 30 - May 12

Where?
We stayed at Port Orleans French Quarter! Its our favorite hotel (moderate wise) for sure and it did not disappoint this trip :) We had a great time there and after not having stayed there for a few trips we really enjoyed being back at our "home."

Why?
Why not? We planned this trip before my mom and I went to DL and WDW by ourselves; it was originally a trip to help us get through our post Disney depression from February 2015 but we also ended up going twice more before this....haha

The Title?
We were there for a record (for us) 13 days and it seemed like we were never going to have to leave...unfortunately day 13 did come and we did eventually have to go home. Even after being there for so long I still wasn't ready to leave!

T-1 Day to go:
Jill and Nick were already in Disney but my parents and I could not leave until Saturday because I have clinic on Fridays which is non-negitionable (we get our vacation in two week blocks so technically my vacation didn't start until May 2 but luckily I was able to get the weekend off before). Anyway we had Jills dogs to take care of for one day. I was off my from regular rotation in the morning which was nice because we had time to get our nails done. However, just about an hour before I had to go to clinic my sister's one dog had some issues :hungover: Here I am bathing him (with my fresh manicure) right before having to go to work...
IMG_2190.JPG

Meanwhile this is the text I get when I am at clinic....
IMG_2191.JPG

Must be nice...;) Anyway we got him cleaned up and when I got home from work we got the dogs all situated at their respective places to stay. We then checked we packed everything and I made my Dad sit down with me and make sure he had everything he needed. This will come into play later since he really wasn't paying attention to me :happy:

Day 1 Travel Day
Well our flight was leaving at 6:50 am so we got up around 4:00 am to get ready to go. Luckily we live close to the airport but still planned on leaving around 5 am to make sure we had time. I had a weird feeling all morning that the airport was going to be packed so I was a little more anxious than usual
IMG_1073.JPG

IMG_1075.JPG
IMG_1078.JPG

Anyway we shoved our five (yes five, and my 2 were both full size) suitcases into my Dad's car and off we went to the airport. We ended up leaving a little before 5. We got to the airport and we parked and had to drag our suitcases into the terminal. Its not that far but I was spoiled by our last few trips where my Dad dropped us off at the door haha. Anyway as we were on the elevator I was super anxious and my Dad was like calm down its never that crowded. Literally as soon as he said that the door opened and what did we see? A HUGE line for security...like out the entrance for it all the way through the airport. :eek::confused: I almost panicked but instead thought "oh no worries we almost always get TSA pre-check." So we check in and the tickets come out and no pre-check for my Mom and I. My Dad always gets it because he is a government/army employee. He was going to wait in line with us but I told him to go ahead so in case we were so long we didn't get to board on time he could save our seats. I also assumed maybe he would get us breakfast...spoiler alert he didn't haha
Anyway my poor mother had to deal with me through the almost hour we waited in security..I was so nervous we were going to miss our flight (or at least boarding). Luckily we got out around 6:15 and our boarding was 6:25.
My mom and I met my Dad at the gate and while he didn't get us breakfast he did get us cookies so there is that :) Thumbs up we made it on time, as I am sure many people did not make it! In fact our flight definitely left without some people.
IMG_1079.JPG
IMG_4111.JPG

My penguin and dinosaur were ready to go!
IMG_4113.JPG

We were in the early A's so we got a good seat and immediately put on our magic bands :)
IMG_1082.JPG

Next up: traveling continued

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 1 continued:
I forgot to mention that I texted Jill in the airport saying we barely made it to the flight boarding and she said that happened to them the day before. Gee thanks for the warning @Disney Dentist ;)
All in all it was a great flight
IMG_4117.JPG

I passed the time watching Inside Out for the first time. It was good! I avoided it because everyone said it was so sad but I didn't think it was super sad at all. When people tell you the Good Dinosaur is sad, however, believe them! I cried through almost that whole movie haha
When we landed we headed straight to the fonorail
IMG_4118.JPG
IMG_4122.JPG

It was so nice and sunny out!!!!!! You could already feel the warmth :D
I took a quick picture with Mickey before we headed to the Magical Express.
IMG_4123.JPG

They definitely increased the number of signs pointing to the Magical Express. I knew where I was going but I remember in trips past having a hard time finding it, or helping other people find it.
There was barely any line for the DME and we got right on the bus! It was an actual Magical Express bus this time too..not a lame old yellow bus!
My mom and I sat in the front and my Dad sat in the back because the seat behind us was taken. Soon enough we saw the Disney sign! I can never get a good picture o_O
IMG_1630.jpg

The ride was quick but we had an interesting guest sitting behind us. The poor thing was in Disney by herself after what sounded like a divorce and was crying on the phone to a friend because this was her first trip by herself (she used an old plane ticket, her annual pass and the end of her DVC...why do I know this?). I did feel super bad for her but the phone call was full of personal information including all the details of her new boyfriend if you know what I mean :p
Anyway Old Key West and Saratoga Springs were dropped off first and once that woman left my Dad was able to move up.
IMG_1632.jpg

Soon enough we were "home" for the trip!
IMG_4134.JPG

Our room wasn't ready yet because it was only like 10:30 am so we got changed in the bathroom. My mom forgot to pack a shirt to wear under her one tank top so ended up having to make a quick purchase in the Gift Shop (we tried to call Jill for a shirt but she and Nick were in the pool). It was kind of funny that she had to purchase something so fast, but it was a cute shirt! After this we grabbed some food since we were starving
It was still breakfast time and I wasn't really feeling it so I just got a snack of hummus and pretzels and veggies
IMG_4136.JPG

My Mom got a Mickey waffle
IMG_4139.JPG

My Dad got a bagel and we all got our cups
IMG_4138.JPG

We needed to switch around our credit cards after this so that my parents did not have my credit card on their Magic Bands. The man who helped us was so nice and was telling us when all the new things were opening and even noticed we had another hotel reservation booked. He also told us that POTC in DL was late in being finished and even though the Blue Bayou was done Walt refused to open it until the ride was done too. Pretty neat fact :) It came up when he said Rivers of Light wasn't ready but they were still opening the night time stuff without it.

Next up: finding Jill and Nick and heading to the MK!

Last edited:

LisaBelle

So excited to read your new report :happy:. I would have been just as nervous as you in the security line! That was cutting it way too close. Can't wait to read more!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Following along! Great start to your report. 13 days in Disney would amazing.
Thanks for following! I am not sure if I will ever (at least in the recent future) be able to go for 13 days again so I am so grateful we got to do it. It was amazing!

yay! Can't wait to read more :)

I totally thought I saw you in a bathroom at Epcot. Turns out it wasn't you after I stared down some poor other girl to decide haha

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Looking forward to reading more. Cute dog, so well behaved just standing still in the bath like that!
He is so well behaved! I felt so bad for him having to give a bath :) Thanks for following

YAYYY YOU STARTED! BOOOOO YOU'RE BACK TO REAL LIFE :(

Its such a horrible mix of feelings. I am so sad to be home but happy to be writing my report!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Excited you started your report! Following along. :)

Thanks! I can not believe that you are going so soon! I know I am going back and just got home bit I am so jealous :D

Love the trip report so far!!!!!! Cannot believe that we did not bump into each other!! It was quite warm while we were there.

I looked out for you guys :( It was so hot there but since it snowed here today I would take 90 back any day haha

Doc Disney

Original Poster
So excited to read your new report :happy:. I would have been just as nervous as you in the security line! That was cutting it way too close. Can't wait to read more!

It was horrible! I was so stressed the entire time. We never had an issue with security before but my Dad said he thinks the TSA in Buffalo doesn't open until 5 so thats probably why there was a bottleneck :( We were in line behind people who had a flight like 30 minutes before us and weren't stressed at all haha

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 1 continued:
After getting all our Magic Bands in order we headed to the pool area to find Jill and Nick. Could not resist a few pictures along the way!
IMG_4148.jpg
IMG_4144.jpg

Look at the cute shirt my mom bought! She was nervous it was "too young" for her because it opened in the back (which it actually didn't on her anyway) so she originally came out of the bathroom with another shirt over it :p
IMG_4145.jpg

Anyway we found Jill and Nick at the pool
IMG_4142.JPG

They asked what our plan was and I told them we were heading to the Magic Kingdom and they wanted to come so we were going to meet them in the lobby
On the way out of the pool we snapped some pictures with these guys...but we noticed the one with his mouth all the way open is missing!!! :(
IMG_1083.jpg

IMG_1084.jpg

While we waited for Jill and Nick in the lobby one of the CMs came around and handed out Mickey stickers! They usually hand them out to the kids but we got some too :) When he handed it to my mom he slid it down his arm and said "now you can say someone slipped you a Mickey" :confused:
IMG_4146.JPG
IMG_4150.JPG

Soon enough Jill and Nick met up with us so we headed to the bus stop
Everyone looks thrilled? haha
IMG_1085.JPG

The bus came fairly quickly and soon enough we were on our way to the MK!!!!
(I think my mom thought I was taking a video haha)
IMG_4153.JPG

Next up: MK!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 1 continued
While we were on the bus we got a text saying our room was ready :) Jill and Nick ate at Morimoto Asia the night before so we passed the time on the bus ride looking at all her pictures
We arrived...and guess what? We all got "randomly" selected for security haha
IMG_4155.JPG

IMG_1087.jpg
IMG_4156.JPG

The castle! The crane made an appearance for the day..oh joy!
PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7673238365.jpg

We were in a wee bit of a hurry to get to our first Fast Pass but did manage to stop a few times for pictures
IMG_4161.JPG
IMG_4163.JPG

Our first Fast Pass was for Splash Mountain!! It was a nice one too since it was like 90 degrees out and we came from 40 degree weather so a good cool off was already in need haha
All of my Splash Mountain pictures were taken with my new waterproof camera! Nick held on to my good camera for me since he doesn't like rides so he didn't go on
DSCF0010.JPG

DSCF0011.JPG

DSCF0013.JPG

DSCF0015.JPG

Next up: continuing in the MK

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 1 continued:
We all got pretty wet on Splash Mountain but it was a fun ride as always :)
DSCF0019.JPG

DSCF0020.JPG

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7673263974.jpg

After Splash Mountain we decided to head over to the Tomorrowland Transit Authority since we had a Fast Pass for Space Mountain coming up
IMG_4173.JPG

We had a great ride with Mr. Tom Morrow then headed off the Space Mountain. I forgot to mention before now that the cheerleading competition was still going on and the park was filled with cheerleaders. No problem, but there were some funny things I overhead from them including the girls in front of us in disbelief that there was an hour and twenty minute wait for Space Mountain. Why is that funny? Because it said 1:20 as the return time for Fast Passes...not the wait time :D:joyfull:
Anyway Space Mountain was wonderful as always
PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7673326228.jpg

I don't look excited at all though...
PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7673327351.jpg

After Space Mountain we decided to grab a snack because I was starving! The veggies and hummus didn't do it for me. I had my sights set on something in particular....
Casey's Corner! We have never eaten here before and were excited to try it!
IMG_1091.JPG

We enjoyed the CM playing the piano as well as the ducks that were all around
IMG_4184.JPG

Next up: more MK!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom