The Land and Character Spot to be open late during Test Track's refurbishment

jamiek81

Neither have I or my family. Oh well, not going to let it ruin our trip.

Considering neither of us has been to WDW since the late 90's (except for a brief visit to MK in August of last year), I'm sure we'll be fine with the other changes/additions/enhancements done since that time. We are still looking forward to it! This is my husband's first time staying at the resort itself! :sohappy:

RSoxNo1

Have they started distributing fastpasses at any of the new locations or is all of the infrastructure set up for the digital fastpasses?

ToTBellHop

Interesting...I guess it is easier than trying to spin it the other way around and saying the park is open until 10 but everything besides the two attractions shut down at 9.
I've seen them do this before. They just put an A-frame out front that "The Land will be open until 10 pm tonight." And the crowds rejoice, children giggle, women weep, men fist-pump, etc., etc.

The Empress Lilly

Personally, I prefer FW with TT closed, but that's just me. :zipit:

Maybe Disney can make up for the lost capacity by putting six people in a chevrolet in the parking lot and driving them around a bit, braking and steering and accelerating all the way to 62 MPH!!

Soarin' is not going to soak up extra capacity, the ride operates at full capacity as is. Or do they intent to operate Soarin' an hour after park closing? LwtL and extra fur could create additional capacity, but is TT's audience interested in either of those?

My husband and I are so bummed that this will be closed during our trip! Neither of us had ever been on it!
Bummer! Sorry to hear that!

ToTBellHop

Yeah, I get mad when I'm given extra hours and a bigger paycheck too.....
Fair enough, but they have to let the CMs sleep eventually. In the case of Soarin, closing that at 10 pm on the summer, it could have a 2-3 hour line at the point, meaning the last guest doesn't ride until after 12 am.

Plus, I would imagine an extra hour of work for most of us would equate to more than the ~$8 a CM would get, but that's for another day.

melflip8

And if the surprise success of DCA's glow Fest/ElecTRONica parties is any indicatyor, they could actually make money in the process.

But it would cost money to develop it (or just buy elecTRONica from DL since it is ends this Sunday anyway.)

It would be awesome to put elecTRONica in FutureWorld somewhere, talk about a good fit.

wdwfan22

Fair enough, but they have to let the CMs sleep eventually. In the case of Soarin, closing that at 10 pm on the summer, it could have a 2-3 hour line at the point, meaning the last guest doesn't ride until after 12 am.

Plus, I would imagine an extra hour of work for most of us would equate to more than the ~$8 a CM would get, but that's for another day.

On busy nights Soarin's line at closing time is around 30 to 45 mins at max, the majority of the time it's about 20.

zweltar

I will be interested to see how this impacts EMH? If I am a resort guest, does this "bonus hour" eat away at the EMH that are a "privilege" of staying on Disney property? Or will they extend EMH by an additional hour to compensate? This may sound selfish, but I'd think that if magic hours are an advertised perk of paying the premium to stay on property, I don't want to share that hour with people who are not staying on property...

Any insiders know anything about this?

misterID

You'd think StormRider would have been a smart and easy addition to FW. It would definitely help with crowds when a ride goes down.

draybook

Well, I meant my remark in jest but it's not like people don't know what they're signing up for when working for Disney. I'm pretty sure that wages and hours are discussed when interviewing and possibly before. When I was interviewed for my current company I was told there would be overtime as required. In almost 5 years of service here I've worked an 8 hour day about 8 times, the rest were 9-14 hours a day. I respect Disney workers though, and it's my dream to one day move down there and work for Disney part time. My wife's already given me the green light!

On a side note, a young lady that rang us up at one of the Potter stores told us that many of her co-worker friends that came from Disney are MUCH happier and treated WAY better.

steamboat wil

I kind of secretly hope soarin' breaks down while TT is on its refurb. Then maybe Disney execs would see the impact of needed quality attractions and add a new ride or experience to future world.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom