The Imagineering Movie Discussion Thread

@PerGron and @TheOriginalTiki here is my Illumination movie tier list. Most of their movies are good if you ask me, so here is the list of the ones I have seen:
IMG_0394.jpeg

And here is the guesses for the ones I have not seen:
IMG_0395.jpeg

TheOriginalTiki

Sasquatch Sunset was...certainly something else haha. For the first ten minutes or so the crowd was collectively into it, but as the movie went on you could physically FEEL the divide in the audience starting to form. I respect the film for the craft, the sheer originality, and some of the physical comedy, but I'll likely never watch it again.

My breaking point (spoilers just in case, third act stuff...)
The stuff with the baby in the third act was a bridge too far for me. The design of the thing was just entirely unsettling and I more or less checked out after it was introduced. A shame because if the third act would have focused more on the Sasquatches interacting with actual civilization instead of just teasing it through the second half of the film I think the overall movie would have stuck to landing a bit more.

I saw Monkey Man and definitely liked it, but it probably won't stick with me all that much. The most exciting element is that it feels like a very confidently directed artistic vision and I'm excited to see what else Patel does in the future. Definitely a very promising debut for a first time director, just not really my type of movie even with the added cultural stuff. I will say it absolutely has some of the coolest trans representation I've ever seen in a mainstream movie and the thought of "Disney=WOKE" folks walking into this expecting John Wick and having an existential meltdown over those elements of the story is just soooo freaking delicious to me haha.

TheOriginalTiki

Watched "Hundreds of Beavers" last night and I'm pleased to say this is one of those rare times where I go into a movie with a ton of hype surrounding it and the film actually manages to exceed my expectations. What a freaking master stroke! The technical aspects alone are just mind-blowing. We've got another really great example of how genuine CRAFT is just so infinitely more impressive than the 300 million dollar CGI vomit most of the 2023 blockbusters were plagued with. Then you add in the insanely original premise and genuinely hilarious running gags and the movie is just almost perfect. My only note is that I would probably trim a few minutes off the top to make it so the titular beavers show up a bit sooner (that's a bit of an issue with rewatches tbh. The first act is a little on the slow side...)

The "saw" scene in the third act is genuine nightmare fuel and I love it. I know for a fact it would have traumatized the hell out of me as a kid haha

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom