The Imagineering Break Room

Suchomimus

jurassic-world-fallen-kingdom.jpg

MA Screamin'

Will do :)
The 3 year old that screamed and cried the whole time is not as excited for Cleveland as I am.
Feel like I'm back at FL in MK.

I didn't cry when I was 4 or so there, but after a long day and numerous lines, my dad was sooo bummed when after he asked "Well, buddy, what's one ride that you wanna visit before we go back to the hotel?" and I said "Dumbo!" :D

Idk if the lines have improved post-Double Dumbo, but this was 2005, so it was borderline horrific haha

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I didn't cry when I was 4 or so there, but after a long day and numerous lines, my dad was sooo bummed when after he asked "Well, buddy, what's one ride that you wanna visit before we go back to the hotel?" and I said "Dumbo!" :D

Idk if the lines have improved post-Double Dumbo, but this was 2005, so it was borderline horrific haha
They did. Double Dumbo was great, but the scenery wasn't as good.

That said, the queue was one of my kid's favorites (you can "check" the kid into a playground, whilst you wait).

In an age of Phone Entertainment, not really a bad deal for parents either. She could go off an play, and I could catch up on stuff on my phone...much better than the layout of the interactive queue at the (older) Pooh ride...which has a bad tendency to distract kids longer than the line itself would actually be...and also lead to adult disputes later when you try and merge back into line after pulling your kid away from playing with the groundhogs.

MA Screamin'

They did. Double Dumbo was great, but the scenery wasn't as good.

That said, the queue was one of my kid's favorites (you can "check" the kid into a playground, whilst you wait).

In an age of Phone Entertainment, not really a bad deal for parents either. She could go off an play, and I could catch up on stuff on my phone...much better than the layout of the interactive queue at the (older) Pooh ride...which has a bad tendency to distract kids longer than the line itself would actually be...and also lead to adult disputes later when you try and merge back into line after pulling your kid away from playing with the groundhogs.

That's great to hear, actually. I was curious that it would end up feeling like a McDonald's PlayPlace or such.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
That's great to hear, actually. I was curious that it would end up feeling like a McDonald's PlayPlace or such.
No, no...nothing like that. It works quite well. Mind you, my kid was only interested in that sort of thing for the first visit, when it was new...she hasn't wanted to do the ride since then...so I am not sure how it aged from the perspective of a parent with a kid who would be attracted by the playplace.

But, when it was new, it was really well done (functionally).

MA Screamin'

No, no...nothing like that. It works quite well. Mind you, my kid was only interested in that sort of thing for the first visit, when it was new...she hasn't wanted to do the ride since then...so I am not sure how it aged from the perspective of a parent with a kid who would be attracted by the playplace.

But, when it was new, it was really well done (functionally).

Maybe new queues can follow suit. Imagine letting your kids be able to "moonwalk" (less MJ, more lessened gravity sorta thing :)) before riding Space Mountain, or something like that. That's the only example I can really come up with.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Maybe new queues can follow suit. Imagine letting your kids be able to "moonwalk" (less MJ, more lessened gravity sorta thing :)) before riding Space Mountain, or something like that. That's the only example I can really come up with.
As a parent of an aging (she's gonna be a teen this year...yeah, that should make some of you feel OLD!)...as a parent of an aging child, I can say, that would be great.

Solid design for nuanced pre-ride/queue experiences.

Vox and I, I know because we did it largely on our own, with that French challenge, but others have as well obviously (I am not taking anything away from others, I'm merely talking what I know), and we wanted to really bring a great interactive experience for all...but, there is something to be said about giving the chiddlers something to fiddle with.

I will also add, giving parents a bit of space from their children isn't a bad idea either...in fact, it is a very good idea...but it should be controlled.

No one has cracked that nut quite yet...imho...

(edit)

For reference:

http://63.135.165.8/starkindustries/

Click through it...

Then go to the Stark Expo attraction.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Though, now that I look back at that challenge...we could have done a lot better story wise. Built out a whole storyline based off the French Avengers, or some other property...at least a character in the storyline that somehow knew Cap America during the French Revolution (would play well locally).

Vox and I were never very good story crafters. We are logistics sorts.

mickeyfan5534

Though, now that I look back at that challenge...we could have done a lot better story wise. Built out a whole storyline based off the French Avengers, or some other property...at least a character in the storyline that somehow knew Cap America during the French Revolution (would play well locally).
That's French Resistance. Heads weren't being chopped, the statues in front of Notre Dame were being hidden. Fun fact: Peggy Carter was actually a member of the French Resistance in the comics.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom