The Imagineering Break Room

RMichael21

Oh haha I was going for restaurants:p

Yes I agree with this list -- first year of college we did most of this except for the whale watch, and then I realized in order to do well you have to actually study so all of these trips stopped.:joyfull:
Yeah, some of these things get pretty expensive. But, I've lived around here my whole life so it's pretty reasonable when you spread it out over that many years haha.

I don't really go to an abundance of restaurants in Boston, usually just for special occasions. I've been to (aside from Giacomo's) Hillstone at Faneuil Hall, Stephanies on Newbury Street (great for brunch), Del Frisco's/Legal Sea Food on the waterfront and Joe's near the aquarium. Among many other places, but these are on the regulars list. And by regular, I mean about once a year each. :D

I haven't been to the more bargain/cheaper places because Boston's a little ways away from where I'm located so we just do it every now and then.

RMichael21

I think I've walked past Giacomo's -- never been in though!

BMC is down in the South End everyone kept saying "oh you gotta go to the restaurants!" Nope:hilarious:

I think the only one I went to was Blunch for a sandwich in-between classes. Other than that it was mostly the school cafeteria or Subway, whatever was cheapest.:p
Yeah, I'm looking at schools right now, and food is important for my happiness, haha.:hilarious: I've looked at Stanford, NYU, Yale, BC, UCLA, and some others so far.

NYU has a Chick-Fil-A in the school cafeteria, so that's at the top of my list right now. ;):rolleyes::p

spacemt354

Chili's
Yeah I know. California weather is so nice, haha. :DI still have some time to figure everything out though, so I'm keeping my options open.
You got time! I didn't figure it out until like mid-November of senior year haha. I looked at Miami, Duke, UNC, Hopkins, Brown, Tufts, BU, Harvard. Basically the east coast. :p Ultimately though it has to be where you feel comfortable and what offers the best track for your major -- a city for me was the best chance of getting lab experience and clinic work which is what I wanted, so that swayed the decision too.

spacemt354

Chili's
So funny you mention all this as I am in Boston right now! Sadly tied to a work schedule, but might try to get to one of those places for dinner one night!
Haha no way! Can't go wrong with any of those!

If you're in the mood for dessert -- Mike's Pastry in the North End. :hungry:
Mikes-Pastry.jpg

spacemt354

Chili's
Any recomendations for the Long Wharf Area?
RM was right -- the Legal Seafoods on the waterfront is pretty good! And Joe's was great as well. Other than than those two -- I haven't been anywhere for dinner over there, but heard good things about Tia's.

If you walk up a few blocks though, you'll hit the North End which has a ton of restaurants! (and the dessert place I mentioned) :bookworm:

RMichael21

Haha no way! Can't go wrong with any of those!

If you're in the mood for dessert -- Mike's Pastry in the North End. :hungry:
Mikes-Pastry.jpg
Yes... Just yes... Best desserts in all of town. :hungry:

If you want ice cream, there's also a Ghriardelli in Faneuil Hall that's awesome.

Any recomendations for the Long Wharf Area?
Yep, the Legal Sea Foods is great. There's an awesome roof-top bar that overlooks the harbor. It might be little cold up there right now, though. :coldfeet:

IAmNotAHufflepuff

Question of the Night because I just got into this debate with my friends:
What are the best and worst songs and scores in the Disney canon?
Best: Song - Belle, Score - Hunchback of Notre Dame
Worst: Song - Fixer Upper, Score - The Jungle Book

Best Song: Hellfire
Best Score: Hunchback of Notre Dame

Worst Song: I Just Can't Wait To Be King
Worst Score: Home on the Range

kmbmw777

Yep, I've been there many times. I haven't stayed, but my family has a tradition of going every New Years Eve and getting hot chocolate in the lounge.

If anyone's ever up in Boston, I have a huge list of good restaurants and attractions to visit. :D
I'm heading to Boston, Providence, Princeton, and NYC to tour MIT, Harvard, Brown, Yale, and Columbia over spring break :)

spacemt354

Chili's
I'm heading to Boston, Providence, Princeton, and NYC to tour MIT, Harvard, Brown, Yale, and Columbia over spring break :)
That sounds like a fun spring break!:D

I remember the tour for Brown being interesting -- they have a lot of inside jokes. Like the library tower is designed after the pH scale...the books get more basic as you go up to floor 14.

Ba dum tiss. :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom