The Imagineering Break Room

Daveeeeed

Original Poster
miss-adventure-falls-00.jpg
I had a feeling they were going to include the lift-hill as the ride-time.

Flippin'Flounder

To kick this one off, I'll show you the construction at HWS!!!
View attachment 184538
We started here, and the ball you pull on Story Story fell off so now I own part of the ride!!:joyfull:

View attachment 184539
(Not from the 31st, but from later on in the trip. Come to think of it..I would probably get over 300K if I would just ride alone since I can unlock Rex, Army-Men, and Buzz alone (and I know the secrets for thee other).

Anyway to the photos of Construction
View attachment 184537
HERE's THE BACKLOT TOUR!!!!
View attachment 184546
We grabbed a chair while a Cast a member wasn't looking and we were able to snap this photo!!!

Man! we actually did an outstanding amount of things for the busiest day of 2016!!!!:):):)

And to cap it off by YOLOing it and taking the boat from HWS to Epcot and then the Monorail to TTC and from there the resort Monorail to the Polynesian where we walked to our hotel... The Shades of Green.
View attachment 184545
And of course we stayed up and watched the Fireworks (which we saw the night before) for New Years on the Shades of Green's 5th floor of the parking garage.

And the reason why I post this is because I am suffering from a suffer case of PDD, or Post-Disney-Depression.:bawling:
Make sure to post those construction photos on the various construction threads!

tcool123

Went out to see La La Land last night, and so obviously to express my love for this film with a review :D

*Spoiler Free* Kinda
As the film starts off you're treated to a toe tapping, traffic stopping musical number 'Another Day of Sun' which highlights an issue apparently with the people of Hollywood. They never went to any school, because apparently it's a great idea to get in the middle of the road and dance along with walk. Nonetheless the scene is jubilant, and by the first three minutes I was smiling, and saw the oh so first romantic moment shared by Mia (Emma Stone) and Sebastian (Ryan Gosling). The film diverges here, but don't worry eventually the two main character's storyline converge once more thanks to the power of Jazz. Throughout the end of the second act we see an excellent usage of iconography are quite literally pulled apart, but like all romance stories there's a happy ending for all that is sure to leave some crying, or at least half of the group I saw it with. (I was not one of them, but came close ;))

If you care at all about being surprised by the songs then I warn you not read this list, and watch it first to form your own opinion.

6 - A Lovely Night

5 - Start A Fire

4 - Someone in the Crowd

3 - The Fools Who Dream

2 - City of Stars

1 - Another Day of Sun

mickeyfan5534

Went out to see La La Land last night, and so obviously to express my love for this film with a review :D

*Spoiler Free* Kinda
As the film starts off you're treated to a toe tapping, traffic stopping musical number 'Another Day of Sun' which highlights an issue apparently with the people of Hollywood. They never went to any school, because apparently it's a great idea to get in the middle of the road and dance along with walk. Nonetheless the scene is jubilant, and by the first three minutes I was smiling, and saw the oh so first romantic moment shared by Mia (Emma Stone) and Sebastian (Ryan Gosling). The film diverges here, but don't worry eventually the two main character's storyline converge once more thanks to the power of Jazz. Throughout the end of the second act we see an excellent usage of iconography are quite literally pulled apart, but like all romance stories there's a happy ending for all that is sure to leave some crying, or at least half of the group I saw it with. (I was not one of them, but came close ;))

If you care at all about being surprised by the songs then I warn you not read this list, and watch it first to form your own opinion.

6 - A Lovely Night

5 - Start A Fire

4 - Someone in the Crowd

3 - The Fools Who Dream

2 - City of Stars

1 - Another Day of Sun

I literally just saw this a couple hours ago and it was enthralling. There were actual tears in my eyes during The Fools Who Dream but I know that's not going to be the Oscar song. And the ending was bittersweet but made sense and Mia and Sebastian had a perfect love story. I'm putting money on a Broadway adaptation within the next 5 years and an Old Hollywood musical revival trend.

tcool123

I literally just saw this a couple hours ago and it was enthralling. There were actual tears in my eyes during The Fools Who Dream but I know that's not going to be the Oscar song. And the ending was bittersweet but made sense and Mia and Sebastian had a perfect love story. I'm putting money on a Broadway adaptation within the next 5 years and an Old Hollywood musical revival trend.
The Fools Who Dream I'm torn on it. It's beautiful, but the start and end are kinda meh. That said according to Itunes I've listened to it to the most out of the whole soundtrack. So subconsciously my mind agrees with that statement. It took me a moment to figure it out what that scene meant, but it was very touching when I put two and two together.

There are already talks for Broadway :
https://www.theguardian.com/film/2017/jan/14/hit-film-la-la-land-may-become-stage-show
This weekend Lionsgate Motion Picture Group co-president Erik Feig told investors that the pathway to a live Broadway show was clear if chosen, although Gosling has indicated he would not be keen to appear. “If we want to do a stage show, we can do a stage show,” said Feig, adding: “We haven’t hit our full expansion.”

I love that idea, and it reminds me of the early 2000's to when Moulin Rouge! brought back the musicals. However I think the honor goes to Into the Woods/Glee. Both showed that musicals can be successful, and well loved. Into the Woods by making four times its production budget, and Glee by showing that people are still accept breaking out into musical numbers for like over six years it was on.

EDIT: Found an article about the musical trend : https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/15/movies/live-action-musicals-la-la-land.html

Daveeeeed

Original Poster
Lol I figured it was something like that -- that's basically the only thing I use my phone for in Disney. Other than that I try to keep technology away and just enjoy it because it goes by quick!
Same!!! It drives me crazy when people walk and use their phone, or eat and ignore the people next to them. I pretty much only used my phone at Disney to take photos, use WDWMAGIC, and upload a few Disney Photos to Instagram from the hotel. Oh and of course My Disney Experience:D.

tcool123

Same!!! It drives me crazy when people walk and use their phone, or eat and ignore the people next to them. I pretty much only used my phone at Disney to take photos, use WDWMAGIC, and upload a few Disney Photos to Instagram from the hotel. Oh and of course My Disney Experience:D.
You would love going with me! My mom never uses her phone at all... except to edit a selfie, post it to Facebook claim she never uses Facebook, text and call people in lines for rides. One time she was on her phone talking to my aunt for the entire time we were in line to meet Ariel, and when we went to meet her too. (BTW the call was nothing important nor serious). It's sooooo much fun, and if your wondering I don't use my phone in the parks. I have my camera, and we have need for a phone as that is my mom's reason for taking her phone.

Man... I just realized this is the first time I've changed my profile picture in 2 and a half years. God. :eek::cyclops:
@RMichael21 is that you? o_O

Daveeeeed

Original Poster
You would love going with me! My mom never uses her phone at all... except to edit a selfie, post it to Facebook claim she never uses Facebook, text and call people in lines for rides. One time she was on her phone talking to my aunt for the entire time we were in line to meet Ariel, and when we went to meet her too. (BTW the call was nothing important nor serious). It's sooooo much fun, and if your wondering I don't use my phone in the parks. I have my camera, and we have need for a phone as that is my mom's reason for taking her phone.

@RMichael21 is that you? o_O
When is your next trip?:cool:

RMichael21

Holy cow! Almost my entire time here (even before I made an account) that I've seen you you have used that. Haha!
Yeah, I had the first one from when I joined to the start of SA Season 2. Then my second one during the time of SA Season 2. And then that one that I just got rid of. :D

No, who's RMichael21? o_O

;):p

tcool123

Holy cow! Almost my entire time here (even before I made an account) that I've seen you you have used that. Haha!
Did some looking, and prior to the Disneyland flags, he had this profile pic in mid2014? First row, second column.
memorywallpre-jpg.59107

When is your next trip?:cool:
Aiming for August 14 - 17 (3 Nights, 3 Days - DAK, MK, Epcot) with my dad his first time in more than four years, and sometime in early November for Christmas Party with my mom. Will likely be 2 Nights and 2 Days (MK, DAK, DS)

RMichael21

Did some looking, and prior to the Disneyland flags, he had this profile pic in mid2014? First row, second column.
memorywallpre-jpg.59107

Aiming for August 14 - 17 (3 Nights, 3 Days - DAK, MK, Epcot) with my dad his first time in more than four years, and sometime in early November for Christmas Party with my mom. Will likely be 2 Nights and 2 Days (MK, DAK, DS)
Yep, that was my second one. The first one was the Epcot concept art. :p

RMichael21

I'm jealous. My last trip was July, but that was just my Dad and I, so I'm trying to pull some strings to get us to go January of 2018 with my entire family. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom