1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

The Imagineering Break Room

Discussion in 'Imagineer' started by David2319, Nov 28, 2016.

1. spacemt354

spacemt354 Chili's

2. Flippin'Flounder

Flippin'Flounder Well-Known Member

I was awake for 21 hours yesterday, and I really don't know how... But it went great.

Longer TR coming tomorrow, but for now, broken effects. At the MK, the only thing I noticed wrong was the mermaids on pirates, but I don't think I've ever seen them before so I could have missed them. Also, a couple AA on pirates weren't move, mostly the ones right before the biting town. PhilharMagic was in complete working order, including spotlights that I've never seen before. My dad thinks we've probably just never noticed them before because "Disney would never let something be broken for that long." If only he knew...

At Epcot I noticed some AA's not moving. The alligators in LwtL, although I'm not sure if they were supposed to, and the ones on SSE that are watching the moon landing. If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask. I missed PPF, Winnie the Pooh, EEA, American Adventure, The Seas, and all flat rides and circle visions.

3. Pionmycake

Pionmycake Well-Known Member

I'm no expert, but I've been told that the mermaid projections were turned off because people kept reaching out to touch them.

4. David2319

David2319 Well-Known Member Original Poster

In pirates one of the aa's was where they chase each other was out. And on Splash Moubtain the last scene the blue jay is static.

S.P.E.W, tcool123 and spacemt354 like this.
  5. spacemt354

spacemt354 Chili's

How was SeaWorld?

David2319, S.P.E.W and tcool123 like this.
  6. tcool123

tcool123 Well-Known Member

Thank god they fixed the effects of PhillarMagic, when I went in November the spotlights and 3D where the only things working right.

My question is : When I went on SPlash Mountain the two vultures were broken down, and the audio turned off. Do you do if it has since been fixed?
    Another one is : In the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train the interactive queue specifically the water fountain kinda thing was that fixed?

I read it was due to the effect rarely working, and it was just easier to turn it off.

That's a pity in November it was working just fine.

7. IDInstitute

IDInstitute Well-Known Member

I noticed that too; it looked kind of funny with him whistling with his mouth closed :p

8. David2319

Both vultures were working as well as the audio and the music thankfully.

Can't say for SDMT because I went on it twice both by FP+

S.P.E.W, spacemt354 and tcool123 like this.
  9. David2319

It was epic. Largest wait was 5 minutes:eek::cool::p

Rode Mako 5 times: Front, back, and 3 times on the 3rd row:D.

Antarctica was down (not really a big deal it's not that great), but we were able to still see the penguin exhibit which is honestly mind-boggling. Honestly one of the best things in Orlando.

Journey to Atlantis was closed for its annual returb and I chickened out on Kraken.

10. Disney Dad 3000

Disney Dad 3000 Well-Known Member

Literally just got out of Rogue One. Finally saw it!

11. David2319

Hopefully seeing it Monday:oops::happy:

Was it good?

12. Disney Dad 3000

Disney Dad 3000 Well-Known Member

Very. I did my best to avoid any reviews, etc last few weeks.
    I was worried at first, as I'll be honest I thought the beginning was not great. But after it being over, looking back, I feel like it continually got better and better and better. For me, it completely changed my perspective on Episode IV. We can chat more about it after you see it, but I think I liked it so much more than FA.

13. spacemt354

spacemt354 Chili's

Kraken has too many loops for me so I can understand that.

How was Mako - can you compare it to another coaster?

tcool123, S.P.E.W and David2319 like this.
  14. spacemt354

spacemt354 Chili's

This was my take too...

I didn't like the exclusion of a certain something at the beginning of films in this franchise...and I also thought the logo was made in iMovie.

But the last 45 mins-hour is some of the best Star Wars entertainment ever to me....even down to the final minutes.

tcool123, S.P.E.W and David2319 like this.
  15. David2319

Haha yeah. I love coasters, but I'm more into curves than loops:confused:.

Mako is fascinating. The speeds, curves and of course only a lap-bar make for a terrifying yet super enjoyable ride.

I guess it's sort of like Big Thunder Mountain on extreme steroids. The air-time really feels like you are about to fly out of your seat. I'll give a longer report when I get back home tomorrow (or in the coming week).

tcool123, spacemt354 and S.P.E.W like this.
  16. tcool123

I just watched it my third time, K2 still gets some laughs, and the scene in Jedha city is still fun. But by the time they get to Yavin, it just drags on and on. I honestly forgot about the entire middle portion of the film, and thought that we were going straight to Scariff. Then we get to Scariff, and I become happy as that's the most enjoyable portion of the movie.

David2319 and S.P.E.W like this.
  17. tcool123

On a non Star Wars non theme park post....

I finally saw all the Harry Potter film, and I decided to post tcool's Opinion Based Wizarding World movies.
    1. Order of the Phoenix (LUNA!!! :joyfull::joyfull:)
    2. Goblet of Fire
    3. Chamber of Secrets
    4. Deathly Hallows Part 2
    5. Sorcerer's Stone
    6. Halfblood Prince
    7. Prisoner of Azkaban
    8. Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
    9. Deathly Hallows Part 1
    Halfblood was kinda meh towards the end, and 7 - 8 were just boring/unlikable for me. Azkaban's saving grace is everything before the time travelling.

David2319, spacemt354 and S.P.E.W like this.
  18. spacemt354

spacemt354 Chili's

Oh so I'm not the only one that thinks Prisoner of Azkaban is overrated (and Chamber of Secrets is underrated):bookworm:

David2319 and tcool123 like this.
  19. S.P.E.W

S.P.E.W Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Though I don't see where the notion that the Prisoner of Azkaban is the "best" Harry Potter movie because that's where the movies start falling out as adaptations.

David2319, spacemt354 and tcool123 like this.
  20. spacemt354

spacemt354 Chili's

I haven't seen Fantastic Beasts but...

1. Chamber of Secrets (the most authentic to the book, imo - others took film liberties and/or left big stuff out) I don't get the hate?
    2. Sorcerer's Stone (John Williams music)
    3. Goblet of Fire (pretty solid)
    4. Deathly Hallows Part 2 (ending was different...but was actually kinda good)
    5. Prisoner of Azkaban (still good -- but really overrated...missed a whole Quidditch battle against Ravenclaw which was a whole dang chapter in the book)
    6. Order of the Phoenix (the least authentic to the book, imo:oops: -- no Quidditch and that's a giant role in the book, among many other things.)
    7. Half-Blood Prince (mostly a snooze-fest except for a few scenes...also the color gradient is so dark, I know it's on purpose to show that it's a "dark time", but seriouslyo_O:p)
    8. Deathly Hallows Part 1 (pretty much a snooze-fest)

Most of my complaints deal with not enough Quidditch:p and also just cutting stuff out of the books that I liked.

David2319 and tcool123 like this.