The Imagineering Break Room

Suchomimus

I was riding Rock n' Rollercoaster so sorry for the late response:p

Suess Landing and Marvel superhero Island for instance feel cool, but they seem more flat -- I don't know how to describe it. I guess MSI is themed to the style of comic books, but it feels like they used that theme to make it cost less and it feels kind of billboardish and concretish. And the new rides' lines are epic: Potter and Kong perfect examples, but even the epic Spider-Man lacks a decent line.
Agreed, I think it's the fact that both zones are in need of an update of their appearances (excluding The Hulk; whom was just refurbished). Both are in dire need of a fresh coat of paint, new speakers, a grease for the rides, and; for just Suess Landing; new AAs. Also, give DD-R's RF more lifelike like Splash Mountain and all the mentioned formers.

Daveeeeed

Original Poster
Agreed, I think it's the fact that both zones are in need of an update of their appearances (excluding The Hulk; whom was just refurbished). Both are in dire need of a fresh coat of paint, new speakers, a grease for the rides, and; for just Suess Landing; new AAs. Also, give DD-R's RF more lifelike like Splash Mountain and all the mentioned formers.
Ripsaw Falls definitely needs it the most. But like I've said Disney and Universal have their faults.

Disney Tomorrowland
Universal Woody Woodpecker's Kidzone etc.

Both have their faults and are far from perfect and both are awesome!!!

DinoInstitute

Hollywood Studios today? Perhaps u saw my friends from the band?
How about me? :p :D
I was there last night for a bit...lines were long, but I managed to squeeze out a Toy Story fastpass (LPT- just keep refreshing the app:p, be persistent with it and eventually one will show up, as they don't show all available FPs at first for some reason/people cancel them(?)).
Will probably be there this morning too again to try and get as much Toy Story/RnRC as possible before the lines get bad.

Here's a few pictures I figured I'd share...

IMG_5914.JPG

Very pretty sunset at Disney Springs/Saratoga Springs/Old Key West canal.

IMG_5926.JPG

Tokyo Dining overlooking the lagoon- incredible food might I add.

Some Pandora (though not much new):
IMG_5904.JPG

IMG_5908.JPG

And lastly a very random picture I took of a set piece on the receptionist counter in the Figment queue while the line wasn't moving :p
IMG_5917.JPG

(I was trying to see if there were any interesting gags or Easter eggs in it... There is Dean Finder who's receiving a delivery :joyfull: But other than that not sure:bookworm:)

Last edited:

Daveeeeed

Original Poster
I was there last night for a bit...lines were long, but I managed to squeeze out a Toy Story fastpass (LPT- just keep refreshing the app:p, be persistent with it and eventually one will show up, as they don't show all available FPs at first for some reason/people cancel them(?)).
Will probably be there this morning too again to try and get as much Toy Story/RnRC as possible before the lines get bad.

Here's a few pictures I figured I'd share...

View attachment 182861
Very pretty sunset at Disney Springs/Saratoga Springs/Old Key West canal.

View attachment 182864
Tokyo Dining overlooking the lagoon- incredible food might I add.

Some Pandora (though not much new):
View attachment 182865
View attachment 182866

And lastly a very random picture I took of a set piece on the receptionist counter in the Figment queue while the line wasn't moving :p
View attachment 182867
(I was trying to see if there were any interesting gags or Easter eggs in it... There is Dean Finder who's receiving a delivery :joyfull: But other than that not sure:bookworm:)
It was much easier for us to get Toy Story Mania! Fast passes. The new track has really helped. Also, I'll be at Epcot and MK today. Want to meet up?

Last edited:

Disney Dad 3000

I noticed that too when we were there last end of july/aug
we rode TS in the am around 1030-11 without a FP before lunch at sci-fi. I think we only waited like 30 min (love the addition of the 3rd track). darted over to epcot for a few hours to use our passes, then back to HS early evening. booked a FP on way back for ToT and as soon as we checked in started refreshing for TS. Got one I think for like 830 which was a little later than we wanted to get good spot for fireworks, but kept refreshing and ended up changing our pass like 3 times moving it earlier in 15 increments as spots opened. We actually ended up riding it with our FP and then hopped right back on after

Daveeeeed

Original Poster
I noticed that too when we were there last end of july/aug
we rode TS in the am around 1030-11 without a FP before lunch at sci-fi. I think we only waited like 30 min (love the addition of the 3rd track). darted over to epcot for a few hours to use our passes, then back to HS early evening. booked a FP on way back for ToT and as soon as we checked in started refreshing for TS. Got one I think for like 830 which was a little later than we wanted to get good spot for fireworks, but kept refreshing and ended up changing our pass like 3 times moving it earlier in 15 increments as spots opened. We actually ended up riding it with our FP and then hopped right back on after
TSMM definitely is significantly improved now. It had a 45 minute wait while Tot had a 2-hour wait a few days ago. Still it does get high waits, but not as often.

Yesterday at night 6:00pm we did standby for 30 minutes!!

DinoInstitute

It was much easier for us to get Toy Story Mania! Fast passes. The new track has really helped. Also, I'll be at Epcot and MK today. Want to meet up?
Ah, sorry I didn't come back on here earlier! Tonight I'm actually going to DAK, I have a 6:30 dinner at Yak n Yeti (Which will be nice, because the park closes at 7... so I'll be able to stroll through the beautiful park at nighttime as I leave without any crowds :D).
We are in Kissimmee!! I'm so excited!!!!

That's a good sign, I'll be at Epcot on Saturday, but plan to do it at rope drop. Do you suggest doing TT first instead?
I probably would. Obviously every day is different and it can't be 100% predicted, but I'd say that the level of popularity in the "big three" at Epcot are 1) Frozenstrom 2) Test Track and 3) Soarin.

(Plus, even if Soarin is a bit longer, I generally find the wait to be much more bearable with the pre-ride trivia games).

spacemt354

Chili's
We are in Kissimmee!! I'm so excited!!!!

That's a good sign, I'll be at Epcot on Saturday, but plan to do it at rope drop. Do you suggest doing TT first instead?
I agree with IDI - I'd probably try TT first, but sometimes early in the morning it breaks down.

At least that is what happened in the summer. We went to TT for EMH at 8am and it was having difficulties starting. Do you have a FP for Frozen/have you been on it? :p:D

Flippin'Flounder

I agree with IDI - I'd probably try TT first, but sometimes early in the morning it breaks down.

At least that is what happened in the summer. We went to TT for EMH at 8am and it was having difficulties starting. Do you have a FP for Frozen/have you been on it? :p:D
I did manage to get Frozen Fastpasses, I'll talk to my friends about TT. They have AP's so they should go with what I want o_O

Flippin'Flounder

So I'm sitting in Disney Springs by the lake, waiting for the drone show to start, I figured it was a good time to update you all.

Wide Workd of Sports was much nicer than expected, considering all the hate it gets on here, but it could definitely be improved. Art of Animation was also great as always. I'm about to eat a media noche from the Bongos QS. The show is starting so bye for now.

DinoInstitute

So I'm sitting in Disney Springs by the lake, waiting for the drone show to start, I figured it was a good time to update you all.

Wide Workd of Sports was much nicer than expected, considering all the hate it gets on here, but it could definitely be improved. Art of Animation was also great as always. I'm about to eat a media noche from the Bongos QS. The show is starting so bye for now.
Let me know your thoughts on it! I found he show itself to be alright, but was mostly just fascinated by it as a display of cool technology.

Meanwhile at DAK there's some lotus flower action going on:cool::joyfull:
IMG_5964.JPG
IMG_5965.JPG

Last edited:

Flippin'Flounder

Beautiful picture of lagoon from RoL seating area:

Let me know your thoughts on it! I found he show itself to be alright, but was mostly just fascinated by it as a display of cool technology.

Meanwhile at DAK there's some lotus flower action going on:cool::joyfull:
View attachment 182959 View attachment 182958
I liked it a lot, but wish it was longer. Hopefully in future years they'll expand it, but everyone around was amazed! It also seemed like it was pretty popular, as the whole area was full.

Bongos was also delicious, and I'm very impressed with the Town Center.

IAmNotAHufflepuff

I liked it a lot, but wish it was longer. Hopefully in future years they'll expand it, but everyone around was amazed! It also seemed like it was pretty popular, as the whole area was full.

Bongos was also delicious, and I'm very impressed with the Town Center.

I was never that impressed with the Town Center. It looks nice, sure, but it's all just high-end clothing stores and one or two restaraunts. I really wish there was slightly more variety in that area.

Also, I've never eaten at Bongos. What's it like? o_O:hungry:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom