The Imagineer-- Project 7

Jasonflz

Here it is.
Walt Disney’s Parade Fantastic

Story:
This night-time parade will feature a recurring theme; the history of Walt Disney animation. In part, the parade will be a tribute to Walter Elias Disney himself. Each parade float represents a portion of animation, going from characters like Steamboat Mickey and moving all the way to Princess Tiana. One unique feature is the fact that parade floats will go from having a white color scheme (to represent the black and white era of the animation) to full fledged color and ending with a marvelous display of lights, sounds, and colors, not to mention a full ensemble of characters.

Opening:
The parade opens with;
Narrator: Here is our show, the magical Parade Fantastic! This tribute to Walt Disney’s animation will take you to the past and all the way to the future of our animation. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the show.

Parade Float 1 (The Early Years):
The first float is a large boat illuminated by hundreds of twinkling lights on the sides. The boat (and characters) are completely white and gray, representing the black/white era of animation. Several of Disney’s older characters are featured here. The characters are running around the ship and waving while Mickey pilots the ship.
Characters:
Mickey Mouse (old)
Minnie Mouse (old)
Oswald the Lucky Rabbit
Donald Duck
Pluto
Music:
The music would consist of rotating tracks featuring old style cartoon music, as well as Mickey’s iconic whistling.
Effects:
Steam from Ship
Blowing effects
Rotating lighting
Off-Float Performers:
The walking performers would wear old fashioned striped shirts, with one catch. They would be 100% black and white, including face paint. These would dance around the float and say hi to guests.
Script:
Mickey: Hiya Folks and welcome to the Walt Disney parade fantastic!
Minnie: We’re so glad to have you here.
Picture:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/moacirdsp/2298861700/

Parade Float 2 (Technicolor):
The following parade would signify the jump into color. It also represents Disney’s first Theatrically animated film, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. The float is designed to be two parts, the first part is a large sign separating the float in half and spelling TECHNICOLOR. The sign starts out black and white, and then suddenly transforms into a multitude of colors and light. The second portion is a form of Snow White standing outside of her cottage in a magical forest.
Characters:
Flowers and Trees
The Three Little Pigs
Big Bad Wolf
Snow White
Seven Dwarfs
Witch
Music:
On the first portion of the float, the music would be a collection of music from Silly Symphonies. The second portion would feature “Someday My Prince Will Come.”
Effects:
Massive color changing sign
Lighting effects
Animatronic trees
Smoke and mist
Off-Float Performers:
The off float performers here will be a collection of birds, bees, and butterflies. Their costumes will have special lights inserted to help them glow in the dark.
Script:
Snow White: Hi. Hi. Hi.
Witch: Take a bite out of this apple deary.

Parade Float 3 (The Golden Age Part 1):
The next floats would represent the golden age of Disney animation, including Pinocchio, Alice in Wonderland, Bambi, etc. The float would be designed as a large mountain with a surrounding forest (Bald Mountain and Neverland). An animatronic Bambi would say hello to guests while Peter Pan and Tinkerbell would run around the forest of the float. An animatronic chernabog would sit atop the mountain.
Characters:
Bambi
Peter Pan
Tinkerbell
Chernabog
Music:
The music would be a combination of “You Can Fly, and “Night on Bald Mountain”.
Effects:
Animatronics
Smoke
Lighting
Off-Float Performers:
The off float performers would be a combination of Indians (from Neverland) and ghosts (from Bald Mountain). The spirits would glow in the dark.
Picture:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/zosielikescake/2814853106/

Parade Float 4 (The Golden Age Part 2):
The next floats would represent the golden age of Disney animation, including Pinocchio, Alice in Wonderland, Bambi, etc. This float would be a design of Wonderland. Pinocchio and his Puppet Performers would dance around the stage while Alice Would sit atop a small house and wave. Look for a magical cameo of the Cheshire Cat.
Characters:
Alice
Pinocchio
Cheshire Cat
Music:
Various songs from Alice In Wonderland and Pinocchio would be played.
Effects:
Lighting
Pepper’s Ghost effect for Cheshire Cat.
Changing Mirrors
Off Float Performers:
The performers would be a combination of Puppets and Marching Cards. Some of the walking characters would be Geppeto, the Blue Fairy, and the Queen of Hearts. The Mad Hatter also appears.

Parade Float 5 (The Forties):
This float would represent the Forties, another great age for Disney animation. The float will mainly represent The Three Caballeros and Dumbo. The set would be designed to look like a massive stage on which the Caballeros are performing. An animatronic Dumbo would fly above the stage.
Characters:
Dumbo
The Three Caballeros
Donald
Music:
The music would be The Three Caballeros song.
Effects:
Flying Dumbo
Light Up Stage
LCD screen
Lighting
Off-Float Performers:
These performers would be jazz looking dancers, some carrying trumpets and saxophones. Their costumes would reflect somewhat the blackbirds in Dumbo.
Picture:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/wonderfultime/448943838/

Parade Float 6 (The Next Decade):

This float would represent the Fifties era, when Disney began to pick up the pace. This would represent some of the smaller Disney productions, and some of the bigger ones. Cinderella is the star of the show here. A model of her castle sits in the center of the float.
Characters:
Cinderella
Fairy Godmother
Mice
Mr. Toad
Music:
The music would be “Bippity Boppity Boo.”
Effects:
Sparkling castle lights
Animatronic animals
Growing pumpkin carriage
Off Float Performers:
These performers would be horseman dancing around who are leading Cinderella to her Royal Ball. The ugly step-sisters and Lady Tremaine would walk around the float as well.
Picture:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jdbrown/2350690369/

Parade Float 7 (Following Years):
This float would feature some of Disney’s smaller productions that came over the years. The represented films would be mostly fifties and sixties productions. The look would be a small shack where the animals are sharing time together. All of the on-stage characters (except for Cruella De Vil, Mowgli, and Baloo) are animatronic animals that say hi to the guests. Part of the float would be a jungle theme.
Characters:
Pongo
Perdita
Mowgli
Baloo
Sher Kahn
Cruella De Vil
Music:
Music would be “Cruella De Vil” and “Wanna Be Like You”.
Effects:
Lighting
Off Float Performers:
Dancing monkeys would parade around the float. Jasper and Horace would be driving behind in Cruella De Vil’s car.

Parade Float 8 (The Nineties):
This float represents the resurgence of Disney animation, another Golden Age of animation in a way. The represented films would be Aladdin, Hercules, The Lion King, and Beauty and the Beast. The center of the float would be Pride Rock, where the full grown Simba sits. Below, on one side, is Agrabah, where Aladdin and Jasmine are. On the other side is Hercules and Meg. The final side is Beast and Belle.
Characters:
Aladdin
Jasmine
Simba
Belle
Beast
Hercules
Meg
Music:
The float would feature all of the various well known songs from each of these films. Including; “Can’t Wait To Be King, “A Whole New World”, and “Tale As Old As Time”.
Effects:
Lighting
Animatronic
Off Float Performers:
The performers would be dressed as butlers.

Parade Float 9 (The Future):
This float will show future Disney Productions. It will be updated each few years.

Parade Float 10 (Finale):
This float will be a large boat with the words Walt Disney on both sides. Various Walt Disney quotes will be played over the speakers as it passes.
Characters:
All
Music:
When you wish upon a star
Effects:
Lighting
Off Float Performers:
The performers would be a mixture of all of the ones seen previously.
Picture:
http://thomashawk.com/hello/305309/1024/Steamboat Mickey-2005.05.30-23.58.46.jpg

MaterA113

Original Poster
You both did REALLy good, so great job! I will have my comments up within the next couple of days. Ive been busy, but i have posted the FINAL project so take a look and i suggest getting started on it right away.

If you didnt already know this,but you are th FINAL 2 due to WDW Vacationer dropping out b/c of her computer... So Congrats!

Disneyson 1

Let me just say… both of you guys had GREAT parades. Just… they each need a bit more work… Both of you PLEASE rework scripts.

Bamsk8er49’s Fable and Fantasy Parade:

Love the name, BTW! I really like your floats, especially the opening ones. The Walt floats and the “Lamp” floats sound terrific. There’s 2 MAJOR things in this parade that irk me…

There can NEVER EVER EVER be more than one Mickey in a parade at a time, UNLESS the other Mickys are clearly statues or something. It’d be quite hard to explain to a small child why Mickey appears more than 5 times thorough the parade. They once had a Goofy parade in Disneyland in which there almost each float had some variation of “Goofy” on it, but the pretense was that each Goofy was clearly from a different time period and each had a certain costume distinction. The “Real Goofy” only appeared during the finale. Either make it about Mickey and have him appear only once or make it a true “Character” Parade… which brings me to my next point…

When you name a parade the “Fable and Fantasy” parade, you put various “Walt” references in it and start with Black – And – White Mickey, that kind of alludes to the fact that you’ll include some of the most famous ideas that Disney has to offer: The motif of Princesses, Pirates, Villains, Buddies, Heroes, etc. etc. The title’s really misleading, as there’s hardly a journey into animation. It’s just Mickey and BAM! Wall-E and Pixar. There’s no flow. If you decide on keeping the “Animation Story” flow, you MUST put in at least 2-3 Hand-Drawn films into floats. The Lamp should come directly BEFORE Wall-E and the finale float must have at least 3 animated characters in it.

Your float ideas are FANTASTIC. Just some logistical issues to clean up and you’ll be fine.

Jasonflz’s Walt Disney’s Parade Fantastic

Alright, this was a pretty good one, but please change the name into something that’s not a play on Fantasmic please? The off – float performers were brilliantly done and the idea was very cohesive.

The floats are WAYYYY too giant. There’s no way you can squeeze every single Disney movie ever made into this one parade! Each character clashes with one another (I mean, BAMBI on the Chernabog float?????) and tries to do too much. You didn’t even include Pixar anywhere! There’s a way to avoid cutting TOO many characters, though. You can either split the floats into mini-units connected as they are in Spectromagic, have disconnected floats with the characters on them, or simply cut more characters. You’ll have to figure it out on your own.

Also, I’d rather have original floats and NO pictures than pictures of other elements from Disney parks. Please think about changing some aspects of the floats so they work better from a PARADE perspective.

Can we change the boat float at the end to something nicer? I mean, why a boat? Is it possible that you can just make it a simple shape or a “woosh” or something? The boat doesn’t make sense in context.

I’d also like to see what the “Changing” float will look like for the releases of:

- Princess & The Frog
- Toy Story 3
- … and an extra variation for those rare times when there’s nothing Movie-Wise to promote!

Jasonflz

:) Thanks for the comments.

Funnily enough, alot of these criticisms came to mind when doing the project. This sure was a toughie.

MaterA113

Original Poster
Ok time for my comments… I have to Preface this that I have not read Disneyson’s so sorry if these are similar, etc.
------------------------
Fantasy and Fable Parade by bamsk8er49
Well, to tell you the truth a was kind of underwhelmed by this one, I saw the title and thought, ‘oh cool, a great parade similar to Enchanted Adventures’, but it wasn’t at ALL. I can’t really see how the title relates to the entire theme of the parade, which seems to be ANIMATION. Correct? But, your parade seems to focus on only two things, Mickey, then pixar. No transition. Why not take different floats for different achievements of Disney, then it could also still be called Fantasy and Fable as it would tie in better, like ONE Steamboat Wille, then have a Flowers and Trees, then Snow White, then Fantasia (without Mickey), Three Caberallros, Then have you a princess float (with Cindy, Beauty, and Belle, Ariel), then go into Lion King, THEN go into pixar with the Lamp and the ball, with then Toy Story, Wall-E, etc. See it seems more cohesive as a moving timeline, then just BAM Mickey then BAM pixar. BUT, I did really like the Mickey transformation as it is like the Old Hag/Evil Queen Transformation that used to be in the Share a Dream Come True Parade, but it would have to be ONE person, as the floats are cramped and two ppl would NOT be able to switch places quickly. And as with every parade why does there have to be a GIANT float in the back with every other character on it? Why cant it just be a simple good bye, like Mater does in the Pixar Play parade, or even what USED to be in the Share A Dream Come True parade. Overall, I like the concept, but I don’t think it was executed fully. (Sorry if this comes off harsh, I totally didn’t mean for it to come off that way, but I want you to understand what I mean) J

Walt Disney’s Parade Fantastic! By jasonflz
I like the nighttime aspect of it. I LOVE MSEP and SpectroMagic so you pleased me. It seems you did it in a good way. BUT there are some negatives, why SMASH literally ALL the characters you could find on every float, or that is what it seems. It seems like ALL characters from this era go here, then all from 50s go here, 60s here, and so forth. IT seems kind of disjointed. Why is poor sweet Bambi with Chernabog? What if you take DLP’s Once Upon a Dream Parade and turn it into NIGHTTIME parade? You could have the double sections and such, then it would flow better, for example you could have Flowers and Trees and the Three Little Pigs on the front (they seem to flow nicely), then have Snow White on the back. Then you can go on to Chernabog and Fantasia on front of next one, then have the mtn turn into Skull Rock on the other side with Peter Pan. My ONE major QUESTION in my mind was why was Alice and Pinocchio together?? They happened decades after each other? And isn’t your parade suppose to go in order of animation, etc.? Overall, I think the parade’s order need to be rethought out. (im not gonna give you more example because I don’t want to do it for you..lol.. but I hope you understand what I mean if not feel free to PM me for more explanation) I DO like the Future float, but I feel that there also should be a generic float to take the spot of the future if nothing is coming out soon. And again with the GIANT FLOAT with every possible character on it at the end. Really? Why do we all feel the urge to do this? (I do this too when doing parades) Try finding a NEW way to do a finale float. One final thing I have to say… Please find a new name. Parade Fantastic (which is basically the name you chose for it, b/c the Walt Disney’s part is always on it, etc.) is a weird name, I think. Why Fantastic? If I was a guest and didn’t like the parade I would be like that parade is NOT fantastic, etc. (I do this with the Great Movie Ride, as I don’t like it, so call it the Not so Great Movie Ride). Try to find a new name that goes better with the theme. (once again, sorry If I was harsh, I didn’t try to be, I just want you to grow)

OVERALL: You both did ok, weird how you both basically had the same Theming. Cant wait to see the FINAL projects.. Remember you need a VERSION of this parade for the 40th Anniversary project.. REMEMBER the time frame for the 40th is 2011, so (this mostly directed towards jasonflz) remember to do the float with the movie coming out in 2011/2012 (cough… cough.. Bear and the Bow, or King of the Elves)

Yea i understand what you are saying. thank you very much for the comments. and fyi, the different mickeys were meant to be like from different time periods but i do understand what you are saying. i guess i will have to do a big overhaul of this for the final project.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom