The Imagineer 2-- Project 10!

Chrononymous

well, I just lost my computer, and I don't know how long I'm gonna be down.

And I pretty much deserve to go this round anyway(the rest of you did amazing work!)

So If you need to vote me out...it would make things easier for me.

Though I do wanna say, I had an amazing time in this competition, and creating dreams with you guys!

Rock On!

TrevorA

In the Parks
Yes
Thanks for the comments anyone!

And now, the moment you've all been waiting for...

Let me preface this post by saying that you all played very well over this competition. We're getting down to the wire, which means that we have to start eliminating players that do a lot of work - because everybody does a lot of work when we have such few contestants. This has been evidenced by the past couple of weeks, as well as in this project. WDWVacactioner, Chrononymous, Fractal514, Jasonflz and figmntal95, you are all very good Imagineers.

Now, let's get down to the nitty gritty. With the combined scores of the judges and the public vote, after ten projects, the person who will not be joining us next week is Jasonflz. Thank you for playing The Imagineer for the past two seasons Jason, we hope to see you in the third.

---TrevorA

MaterA113

Original Poster
Sorry jason you were a great player.

NOW! I have my comments ready woot woot woot :)

Overall, this was a surprisingly good project, and it seemed that you all collaborated great, and you did go above and beyond the ‘call of duty’, FINALLY, what we wanted you to do, think outside of the box. I’m going to go one by one. First, WDWVactioner your leadership, I thought, was great, and you had a plan, and timetable and set dates and you delegated. Though I thought your Dark Ride was kind of weak, and I really didn’t understand it, it just seemed that you were traveling through light tunnels and listening to voices. Though I do think the idea was a good one, the final outcome was weak, as said before. Next, Figmntal, your attraction idea, for me, was kind of weak as well. Are you calling this a rollercoaster? Because I cant really see it as a rollercoaster, I just see it as a classic bumper car attraction. I think that the TRON idea COULD be used if it was a rollercoaster, but I cant see it as a rollercoaster. How can a rollercoaster be trackless?!? That’s the part that gets me. I like your original idea of the dueling Virus vs. Firewall, and I was looking forward to that. Continuing on, Fractal and Chronymous, you had my favorite portions of the pavilion, the food and the hands on experiences. Fractal, I loved love loved the restaurant ideas! I like the originality, and you truly made it into a one of a kind, DISNEY Experience, I can totally see it as an restaurant in WDW, talking about MegaBites, though I think it could have a different name, I liked the food names, specifically the desserts. Chronymous, as always I loved the drawings, but this project im glad that that wasn’t the only thing you did, because we want to see MORE than just drawings. I like the interactive experiences, and thought of so many ideas you can do with the cubes. Finally, Jasonflz, I think you did an ok job in the brainstorming, but you didn’t seem ‘there’. The part that you did seemed very minimal. Though I did like the exterior and layout of the pavilion, loved the circular shape with the central location in the middle, very DL hub-esque.

mewhunter67

Just want to say a quick- I loved it! (have to head to work, i'd love to comment more)

And mater-Why CANT a rollercoaster be trackless?? I thot that was brilliant! personally, when i saw that in the original ideas, i was like, whoa! now why havent i thot of that?? ;) i've even personally had some ideas from that.

but anyway, I agree; most out of the boxitude this time guys; wonderful!

WDW Vacationer

Thanks for the comments. Jason,sad to see you go......

Mater,I actually agree with my ride. It was great in concept,but once I started research,I realized there was not much I could think up. I decided to do the best I could,which I did.

I hope my teammates felt I was a good leader too!

Disneyson 1

Although real-life restrictions kept me from voting, I'd say this went the way it should have went. The whole pavilion was full of life, but the lack of "there-ness" from Jasonflz was a little disheartening. Other than that, the restaurants were FANTASTIC, even if they lacked a little variety, and the cubes were also quite fun. Reminds me of the Disney Channel Movie "Smart House", when the whole room turned into Disney fireworks and such. The attractions were, by far, one of the weakest projects I've seen on The Imagineer. In both, the lack of effects and the one-note feel of the rides were quite boring. I wish something HAPPENED in these rides. Maybe we could see more of the internet, could we see a website being created or something? I suppose just by topic nature there was little to elaborate on. Tron, though, is something I have little sympathy for. Although touted as the "major attraction", there was hardly any "event" that took place in the ride. The story had no development, not to mention a pretty lame ending, with no climax nor finale. I just wish we had more effects/show scenes/etc. with these projects. Even the restaurant had a pseudo-story that was FAR more interesting than your attractions! Overall, for a giant project, it was good. Could have been better.

hack2112

Unfortunately, due to a dead phone, I was not able to vote this round, but I still have some comments.

I'm a big fan of the dining, but if Apple is the sponsor, then using Surface tables (or knock-offs that will make people think of Surface) will probably make Jobs angry (though of course this is an imaginary competition). Also, not using any Apple software throughout the pavillion is bad show for the sponsor as well. Where's the incentive to sponsor a pavilion that showcases tech that they didn't develop?

As for attractions, they were good ideas, but I have two major flaws with them. The first is the capacity issue on the Tron attraction. 18 people per every three to four minutes is horrible capacity, much worse than Rockit (and that has horrible capacity issues). Is there more than one "battle" room, because that would help a bit. My second point is that I believe that the scripts in this competition throughout have been incredibly cheesy and had way too many bad puns for my taste. A good script can make a good story can make a great attraction. Especially in a competition where words are king, I think that you should spend more time working on a quality script.

Of course, these opinions are my own and you can take them or leave them as you please.

TrevorA

In the Parks
Yes
^ I agree with Hack that Microsoft would have made a better sponsor, but that really was a minor detail to the project.

Overall, it was a very original concept, and you carried it out well. Couple of shout outs: Fractal, nice work on the eateries, I like the idea of an actual internet cafe in WDW - though it may cause a few problems. That wasn't my point, though. WDWVacationer, excellent leadership, you really led your team to a victory (or was it a loss? I can't ever tell with these one-team projects).

I liked both ideas for the rides as you were coming up with them, but unfortunately they did not turn out as well as I had hoped. Fingmntal95, you should really keep working on that concept for the TRON ride, because it's a good one. It still needed work after the deadline, though. WDWVacationer, I'm not sure what happened to you this project either. You're a brilliant Imagineer, and yet it seemed that you only produced a fraction of what could have been a great dark ride.

In short, The World of Computers was a good pavilion, but it missed out on a lot of the major points that make up the concept of the computer.

---TrevorA

hack2112

I knew I should've done that dueling coaster.
In some respects, I would have liked to have seen your coaster, but I really do think your idea is incredibly creative, if a bit of a logistics problem. I'm glad you went with the more creative route instead of making an indoor Dueling Dragons. (I really think I should just start calling it Dragon's Challenge.)

WDW Vacationer

^ I agree with Hack that Microsoft would have made a better sponsor, but that really was a minor detail to the project.

Overall, it was a very original concept, and you carried it out well. Couple of shout outs: Fractal, nice work on the eateries, I like the idea of an actual internet cafe in WDW - though it may cause a few problems. That wasn't my point, though. WDWVacationer, excellent leadership, you really led your team to a victory (or was it a loss? I can't ever tell with these one-team projects).

I liked both ideas for the rides as you were coming up with them, but unfortunately they did not turn out as well as I had hoped. Fingmntal95, you should really keep working on that concept for the TRON ride, because it's a good one. It still needed work after the deadline, though. WDWVacationer, I'm not sure what happened to you this project either. You're a brilliant Imagineer, and yet it seemed that you only produced a fraction of what could have been a great dark ride.

In short, The World of Computers was a good pavilion, but it missed out on a lot of the major points that make up the concept of the computer.

---TrevorA
I agree. It was a great concept,but once I started working on it.....I hit a road block.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom