Pre-Trip The I'm totally skipping my commencement ceremony and going to Disney instead PTR/Semi-live TR

Hello! I'm so excited to be back on the boards and planning my next trip. I literally went through a depression period after our trip last May (trip report here) and couldn't come back to the boards because it was just too sad. I knew another trip would be in my future, I just didn't know when.
When it came time to apply for graduation for my bachelors degree my husband ever so kindly suggested that perhaps a better way of celebrating would be to do it in Disney with our family instead of at a hot, boring ceremony with a bunch of strangers. I love this man!
So on to the planning:

Who: Em (that's me), My DH Luke, and our two sons (now 8 and 4)
When: May 12-19th
Where: Trying to decide between Kidani Village savannah studio and PORS RG room. We have a great offer on the table for KV, but DH is all about PORS. I have a feeling he's going to win out and that makes me sad, but there's always next year, hopefully.

We got a bit of a late start with booking so we missed our 180 day mark, but I was still able to score some ADRs that we wanted. Suggestions and comments are welcome :)

Tentative plans:
5/12
Arrive at KV or PORS 8 pm (Flying this time hooray!)

5/13
Animal Kingdom
Y&Y 12:30 pm
Sanaa 5:00 pm

5/14
Magic Kingdom
We have no ADRs for this day. Suggestions on good QS would be appreciated

5/15
DHS
Sci-Fi 11:35 am
MM Fantasmic Package 5pm (This is our first time booking this package and restaurant and we have never seen the show so any input on this would be appreciated)

5/16
Epcot
Beaches and Cream 12:30 pm
No Dinner ADR really hoping Spice Road Table will be open and accepting ressies

5/17
Magic Kingdom
BOG 4:05 pm (Scored this two days ago, cannot believe it!)

5/18
Free day
Thinking about making it a 6 day ticket so we have the option to visit a park for part of the day and spend the rest of the day at the resort relaxing

5/19
Fly out in the morning

Ember

Original Poster
I know several of the tables are quite large. We were a party of five at a table for 8. You could try to call ahead but hopefully the could accommodate you the day of. I'm sure it will work out.
Have you been for lunch? The lunch menu looks really good, so I am actually thinking of doing FP for lunch so we can all go. We called and we were told they could add to our reservation due to the popularity of the restaurant. If dinner is better then I will stick with what I have, but I can't shake the "everyone should experience it once" feeling that I have.

*Could NOT add to our reservation. Oops!

Last edited:

Ember

Original Poster
This cracked me up but I totally understand! Glad you aren't budging on this one.

We are dining at Sanaa on 2/25. I'll have to remember to let you know how it goes. We've not been there before.
I've been and it is amazing! As long as you like Indian food that is. It was hands down the best meal, service, view, everything all rolled in to one on our last trip :)

Betsyboo

Have you been for lunch? The lunch menu looks really good, so I am actually thinking of doing FP for lunch so we can all go. We called and we were told they could add to our reservation due to the popularity of the restaurant. If dinner is better then I will stick with what I have, but I can't shake the "everyone should experience it once" feeling that I have.
We've not been for lunch but have a FP+ for our first day. Trying to move that to our last day but haven't had luck yet.

Betsyboo

I've been and it is amazing! As long as you like Indian food that is. It was hands down the best meal, service, view, everything all rolled in to one on our last trip :)
Actually we've never had Indian food so this may or not be our favorite but we are open to try it and hopefully have a good experience. I'd made an ADR at Boma but my husband was concerned about it and we changed to Sanaa. We shall see.

Ember

Original Poster
Where is Beaches and Cream? I know it's at the Beach Club, but where is that?
Right next to Epcot. You can walk there from the back entrance in the World Showcase or take the boat from DHS. It's the Beach Club, Boardwalk, Yacht Club and I think one more thing over there.

Ember

Original Poster
Right next to Epcot. You can walk there from the back entrance in the World Showcase or take the boat from DHS. It's the Beach Club, Boardwalk, Yacht Club and I think one more thing over there.
Oops and if you mean where in the Beach Club, it's right next to Stormalong Bay

LostPrincessKarleigh

Freaking out a little bit. They extended their stay to five days which only gives us two days without them and my mother in law does not want to go to MAGIC KINGDOM!!!!!!!!!!

Is she, and I say this in the kindest possible way,um...coo-coo for cocoa puffs? Who doesn't want to go to the magic kingdom?! I would look at her and say, "We planned this trip before you decided to come along so, if you don't like magic kingdom then we will meet you later!"

Ember

Original Poster
I gave up my BOG ADR :( I shed a tear when I cancelled it and I had to force my finger to click the button, but it's gone now. But for good reasons. We have friends coming down just for Saturday and they have only been to MK once, will probably not go again for a long time and their daughter REALLY wanted to eat there, so I did what I think any of us would do and gave my reservation to them. Thank God it worked and they were able to book it after I cancelled or I would have been one sad mama. So now I am going to try my best to get a lunch FP+ since we have yet to try it for lunch anway. Sigh.

Betsyboo

I gave up my BOG ADR :( I shed a tear when I cancelled it and I had to force my finger to click the button, but it's gone now. But for good reasons. We have friends coming down just for Saturday and they have only been to MK once, will probably not go again for a long time and their daughter REALLY wanted to eat there, so I did what I think any of us would do and gave my reservation to them. Thank God it worked and they were able to book it after I cancelled or I would have been one sad mama. So now I am going to try my best to get a lunch FP+ since we have yet to try it for lunch anway. Sigh.
Oh, I'm so sorry. Well it seems that many people are now getting the email invite when they arrive so maybe that will happen if you can't get one before you leave. :cry: But you are helping to make someone else's trip magical and that will bring pixie dust your way!

LostPrincessKarleigh

keep checking the site as you get closer to your trip. Something might open up. ;)

ratherbeinwdw

Thanks! I have seen pictures of ice cream and it looks amazing! I just didn't know how to get there.
It's a very small restaurant. We were very surprised when we walked in at it's size. There's only a few booths and tables and a small number of stools at the counter. Because one wall is all mirrors, it looks much bigger in photos.
It was a fun place though. The food and ice-cream were really good. The patio area outside has a really nice view while you're waiting. That's one wait we didn't mind at all.

Last edited:

Tink0102

It's a very small restaurant. We were very surprised when we walked in at it's size. There's only a few booths and tables and a smallIf number of stools at the counter. Because one wall is all mirrors, it looks much bigger in photos.
It was a fun place though. The food and ice-cream were really good. The patio area is outside has a really nice view while you're waiting. That's one wait we didn't mind at all.
I can't wait to order the No Way Jose! Of course I will have to talk my 9 year old into it cause there is no way I can eat that by myself!

Ember

Original Poster
Oh, I'm so sorry. Well it seems that many people are now getting the email invite when they arrive so maybe that will happen if you can't get one before you leave. :cry: But you are helping to make someone else's trip magical and that will bring pixie dust your way!
I can't wait to order the No Way Jose! Of course I will have to talk my 9 year old into it cause there is no way I can eat that by myself!
I plan on getting that too! It looks so good!!

LostPrincessKarleigh

There are a ton of open BOG dinner times for 5/15! I just checked and made my own reservation! Thought you should check! ;)

Ember

Original Poster
There are a ton of open BOG dinner times for 5/15! I just checked and made my own reservation! Thought you should check! ;)
Thank you soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There are open times the whole week we are there! I just snagged one for 5pm on Friday which is the night I should be walking for commencement. It's perfect!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom