The ICS

Voxel

President of Progress City
Oh, cool! I wasn't sure if there was supposed to be another thread for it.

Also, I was thinking if there are points, then maybe the sharks can give points instead of money to the presenters. But that would probably mean only one post per person so it doesn't get too big
We have a few ideas bouncing around. We are finalizing the layout and points system. We are trying to think of a system that's nice and not conflicting for everyone

Sam Magic

I hope you don't intend on being a judge for every competition. No offense but the nice thing about the different competitions is the opinions that judges knick pick and how different judge respond to different focuses. If you judge every Comp it takes away the fun of it and every one will just focus on the aspects you like. Thus becoming boring. That like Simon judging American Idiol, X-Factor, The Voice, SO you think you can dance and every other show at the same time. It would be tiresome and annoy. I would push that people should be limited to being a host/judge of their own comp once a year and a judge for another comp once a year. It keeps it fresh.
No, I'm just saying that I will not be participating as a contestant any more. If a judge is needed then I'm willing to fill in.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
We did the same thing after jdm's comp last year, and Red did her 30 days comp and then Wedway fell off the rails... and now we get all excited about new comps.

Lets just have a comp work, eh?

This one has, more than once. And it has proven that it draws attention from outside of the normal members here.

Start small, aim big.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I'll add, it shouldn't be about titles or anything else.

If you agree to host a comp, you agree to a few things.

1) You will have new and interesting challenges
2) You are NOT biased during judging, and the community as a whole knows that you can do that
3) You have a novel idea for the organization of the comp that isn't just "here's a challenge, you have a week", as we have that covered with the Apprentice comp, AND you have thought this through.

Also, no offense Sam, but you can't just "decide" you are only going to be a judge.

You can, but that also means you never compete. And if you never compete, how can you understand what competitors go through?

And if you don't understand that, how can you actively judge them with any sort of authority?

Sam Magic

I'll add, it shouldn't be about titles or anything else.

If you agree to host a comp, you agree to a few things.

1) You will have new and interesting challenges
2) You are NOT biased during judging, and the community as a whole knows that you can do that
3) You have a novel idea for the organization of the comp that isn't just "here's a challenge, you have a week", as we have that covered with the Apprentice comp, AND you have thought this through.

Also, no offense Sam, but you can't just "decide" you are only going to be a judge.

You can, but that also means you never compete. And if you never compete, how can you understand what competitors go through?

And if you don't understand that, how can you actively judge them with any sort of authority?

And who is say that competing does not effect the position of the judges? It is very easy to ask people neutral, but can you really be neutral when you are ultimately competing against the people you are judging. Now this is not a question of character or integrity of the people on this forum, but instead a question of how truly neutral any one person can be. I for one believe that by not being in the running it is far easier for anyone to achieve neutrality in order to provide the best results for these competitions.

My intentions are not to gain titles or something of that nature, but instead to provide a truly neutral judge who has gone through many different contests in the past. As a person who has never once neglected the challenge or the people I am in it with. These things require commitment on both aisles and the ability to converse, sympathize, and cooperate with many different people. Those are qualities I have been able to showcase time and time again, and qualities I believe are necessary of any judge.

Taking this even further and probably saying too much then I should, I feel this board is far too divided and cliquey. As we begin the talks to recover the ICS and breath new life into it, it is of up most importance to keep everyone involved, not just a limited group of people. It is also of up most importance to work with other people in order to flesh out new plans and ideas in order to keep the ICS constantly changing and evolving. We say that there is no 'power structure', but I would strongly disagree with that statement.

*Stepping off my soapbox*, it excites me greatly to see the ICS once again revived and taking on a new role. It is exciting to see so many new people here and participating and coming up with new contest deas. Only I hope that with this we do not loose sight of what made the first attempt fail, and not loose site of the only thing that truly matters in these competitions... the ideas.

jdmdisney99

Original Poster
I assume that is the maximum then? Also, who are barred? (RMichael was working on a tally for the ICS, and we are wondering about the placements)
We don't have the official final ranking yet, but I probably will not be if ranked, for one, and neither will Sam. There might be others but they can say if they are or not.

Oh, and in case anyone was wondering who's part of the group at this moment...
@jdmdisney99
@BryceM
@Matt7187
@ctxak98
@WED99
@Sam4D23
@MonorailRed
@Voxel
@LittleGiants16
@Zweiland
@englanddg
(that's 11 counting me)

Last edited:

RMichael21

RMichael21

We don't have the official final ranking yet, but I will not be if ranked, for one, and neither will Sam. There might be others but they can say if they are or not.

@jdmdisney99
@BryceM
@Matt7187
@ctxak98
@WED99
@Sam4D23
@MonorailRed
@Voxel
@LittleGiants16
@Zweiland
@englanddg
(that's 11 counting me)
Don't you think that's a little much? I mean, 18 people have taken part in the comps this year. So, basically, everyone not in that group is in the elite eight.

RMichael21

We don't have the official final ranking yet, but I will not be if ranked, for one, and neither will Sam. There might be others but they can say if they are or not.

@jdmdisney99
@BryceM
@Matt7187
@ctxak98
@WED99
@Sam4D23
@MonorailRed
@Voxel
@LittleGiants16
@Zweiland
@englanddg
(that's 11 counting me)
Plus, a lot of the "greats" are in that list. People who can truly make a great idea happen. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom