The ICS

jdmdisney99

Original Poster

Welcome to the ICS! The ICS is the unofficial armchair Imagineering championship system of this forum. Here we have numerous well known competitions where various members congregate to share concepts, ideas and thoughts on what new attractions and experiences should be like in Disney Parks and Resorts around the world. The ICS is a mission by said members to make an adequate championship system for the contests. We utilize a point system, as described below, to create rankings listing the top performers. At the end of the year the top eight Imagineers compete in an armchair Imagineering tournament to become the ultimate Imagineer on WDWMagic.

Point System
After every competition, points are awarded to the competitors and hosts/judges. Members receive 1 point for every contestant they beat (either due to elimination, contest point value, or other ranking method). For example...
1. John - 14 points
2. Jane - 13 points
3. Jack - 12 points
4. Joan - 11 points
5. Stew - 10 points
6. Sam - 9 points
7. Joe - 8 points
8. Jackie - 7 points
9. Bob - 6 points
10. Becky - 5 points
11. Ronny - 4 points
12. Renee - 3 points
13. Dick - 2 points
14. Diane - 1 point
15. Dean - 0 points
Hosts receive one point for every contestant in their competition. So if, say, Nicholas hosted the above contest, he would get 15 points. Judges (who didn't actually make the competition, but helped judge and critique) receive 1 point less than the host/the same points as the winner. Thus, if Robert helped judge in the game above, he would receive 14 points. However, if a judge started advising after they were eliminated from that same competition, they would would get their points for competing as well as an additional 0.5 of those points. For example, if Ronny got eliminated and became a judge, he would receive 6 total points. Note: fired players may only become judges if they are in the bottom half of the competition's rankings. In the aforementioned situation, anyone from Jackie to Dean could become a judge after elimination, but those ranking from Joe to John cannot.
If there is a tie in multiple members' point totals, the breaker first checks to see how the person participated. If they were a host or judge, they get a lower seed than the members who competed. If it is a tie between full fledged competitors, the tie resorts to how many competitions that member participated in. The one with more competitions gets the higher seed. If they tie there also, it goes to how many people total finished ahead of them throughout all competitions. The member who has less members ahead of them gets the higher seed. Finally, if this comparison results in a tie, an Imagineering question will be sent to the tied members and they must provide an answer. The ICS committee will critique them both to decide on a winner.
After every competition, a new set of rankings will be posted, adding every member's cumulative point totals and ranking them from highest to lowest. The season commences with competitions beginning after January 1st and ends on December 1st. Any competitions occurring between December 1st and December 31st will not be eligible for ICS point rewards, as the ICS Tournament is held at this time. The points are recorded by resident TAFI and WDWMagic members on our Board of Conversationalists.

ICS Tournament (also known as the ICS Elite Eight)
This amateur Imagineering tournament will culminate the year of contests on WDWMagic from December 1st to December 31st every year.

The top eight point-getters from the latest rankings then compete for the championship. The bracket for the finals can be seen below.

In the quarterfinals from December 1st to the 7th, #1 plays #8, #2 plays #7, #3 plays #6 and #4 plays #5. Moving into the final four from December 8th to the 14th, the winner of #1 versus #8 plays the winner of #4 versus #5, while the winner of #2 versus #7 plays the victor of #3 versus #6. The winners of those two semifinals then compete against each other in the championship from December 15th to the 28th. The winner, in an exciting New Year's Eve event, is announced on December 31st.

---

We hope you choose to join the competitions on here and fight to the top of the ICS! See you then! If you have any questions leave them below. All official updates will be posted on this thread, as well as the rankings and reminders for upcoming competitions. If you're looking for anything more, try our website.​

jdmdisney99

Original Poster
ICS Rankings (as of May 21st)

1. Matt7187 - 8 points
2. Zweiland - 8 points
3. RMichael21 - 7 points
4. jdmdisney99 - 6 points
5. Vipraa - 5 points
6. Voxel - 1 point
7T. englanddg - 0 points
7T. MA Screamin' - 0 points
7T. ctxak98 - 0 points
7T. kemitdefrog - 0 points

(This post will be updated after every ICS recognized competition)

jdmdisney99

Original Poster
CASTING CALL:
Coming Soon to ICS Weekends!

Shark Tank
image.jpg

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, Imagineers of all ages, how would you like to pitch your ideas to some of the most talented ideas to ever populate these forums? Sound like fun? Not so fast, because while these Disney Dynamos have the power to invest some points and support you or your group's idea, their backing comes at a price. Is it one you're willing to pay? Are you okay with relinquishing some of your own creative influence to ensure that your concept moves on to the next round? If this sounds like your kind of challenge, then get ready, because the WDWMagic Imagineer Forum will be plunging into the "Shark Tank" later this summer.

P.S. While fish may be friends, these sharks are not.

Whose Park Is It Anyway?
image.jpg

Welcome to "Whose Park Is It Anyway?", the show where everything's made up and the points don't matter. Just like a comb to Colin Mochrie, it just doesn't matter. If you like random fun, this is the place for you to come. All of your favorite games from the hit TV show will be right here, but with a Disney Parks twist. Scenes From A Hat, Helping Hands, Irish Drinking Song, and more will engage everyone in a hilarious cavalcade of quick wit. With sudden, spur of the moment prompts, everyone can pop in with a crazy answer off the top of their head. Just don't go away because well be back soon with more "Whose Park Is It Anyway?"!

Check in later this summer for a whole lot of events that are just fun!

RMichael21

I am guessing there won't be a master of the Parks Season 2 in the 2014 season, correct? Either way, i'm excited to take part in the ICS!

jdmdisney99

Original Poster
The next ICS competition will be The Sorcerer's Apprentice on July 5th. More details will come over the Summer as we roll out our new format.

RMichael21

I may or may not be away on July 5th, so could I have a spot on Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 2? I just want to make sure that I don't miss the sign up window. Especially if there's a maximum of 10 players like last season.

jdmdisney99

Original Poster
Hey guys, it was funny at first. But the previous couple posts are clutter that might deter people from reading further. I would be grateful if you could delete them. :)
And if you could delete a couple of lines from your first one Matt, that would be awesome as well. I just don't want this thread going haywire.

Last edited:

DinoInstitute

Hey guys, it was funny at first. But the previous couple posts are clutter that might deter people from reading further. I would be grateful if you could delete them. :)
And if you could delete a couple of lines from your first one Matt, that would be awesome as well. I just don't want this thread going haywire.
Haha, k i did...........;) just this last once.:)

Matt7187

Sorry, I deleted the last one. And I was going to be done with it anyway after that

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom