Pre-Trip The "I NEED HELP" Pre-Pre-Trip Report

Okay.
Deep breaths, Nicole.

Inhale, exhale.

Hello, friends. I am Nicole, and I need HELP. After my whining, and begging, and downright temper tantrum-ing, I have finally gotten my boyfriend to agree to a Disney trip! It has been FIVE years since we went to Disney together, and one whole whopping longgggggg 2015 of no Disney for me. But it's a new year... it's 2016, and this little princess is getting her behind to Disney. :)

So, I am thinking of booking Disney from Friday, November 4th to Sunday, November 13th. My birthday is the 5th, and I REALLY want to wake up in the world. I know it's a little bit more expensive to fly out Friday afternoon and pay for an extra night, but I don't think there is any monetary amount that can compare to waking up in Disney on your birthday.

Now here's where you guys come in.

Should I stay at a Value Resort (thinking Art of Animation) or should a spend about 600 bucks more and stay at Port Orleans Riverside?

I really want to go to Universal (don't throw things at me) because I have never been! Do you think 6 days Disney and 2-3 days Universal for a first timer would be appropriate?

Should I book now (please say yes) or should I wait until like 6 months prior which would bring me to the end of April...I know NOTHING about how airline flights work and I've been checking every day on the Disney website. It does seem like Tuesday is the cheapest day for flights for some reason, no clue why!

So my dear fellow Disney obsessed friends, please help me. I will be forever and ever grateful.

DSC00471 by nicole tiffany

LisaBelle

I feel like the Italian food will be a nice break from all my other dining options, I'm just afraid once Muppet land or whatever they are doing back there really gets moving, they will close it for refurbishment!

I completely understand. Maybe if you choose Mama Melrose you could also pick a back up just in case they close for refurbishment when you are able to pick ADRs.

Bryan Slater

Okay.
Deep breaths, Nicole.

Inhale, exhale.

Hello, friends. I am Nicole, and I need HELP. After my whining, and begging, and downright temper tantrum-ing, I have finally gotten my boyfriend to agree to a Disney trip! It has been FIVE years since we went to Disney together, and one whole whopping longgggggg 2015 of no Disney for me. But it's a new year... it's 2016, and this little princess is getting her behind to Disney. :)

So, I am thinking of booking Disney from Friday, November 4th to Sunday, November 13th. My birthday is the 5th, and I REALLY want to wake up in the world. I know it's a little bit more expensive to fly out Friday afternoon and pay for an extra night, but I don't think there is any monetary amount that can compare to waking up in Disney on your birthday.

Now here's where you guys come in.

Should I stay at a Value Resort (thinking Art of Animation) or should a spend about 600 bucks more and stay at Port Orleans Riverside?

I really want to go to Universal (don't throw things at me) because I have never been! Do you think 6 days Disney and 2-3 days Universal for a first timer would be appropriate?

Should I book now (please say yes) or should I wait until like 6 months prior which would bring me to the end of April...I know NOTHING about how airline flights work and I've been checking every day on the Disney website. It does seem like Tuesday is the cheapest day for flights for some reason, no clue why!

So my dear fellow Disney obsessed friends, please help me. I will be forever and ever grateful.

DSC00471 by nicole tiffany
Book now! Never wait lol. I'd stay at value. Tuesday and weds are the cheapest days to fly in. Allegiant offers good prices. Get Mickey Christmas tickets. Days for your trips available are nov 7,8,10,11. Which I suggest to do with that extra money since your at a value resort. 6 days is fine but the longer the better. Need more help just message

LisaBelle

We did Mama Melrose with the fantasmic show and we thought it was well worth it. The food was great and the show was fantastic.
I agree. We did find that the reserved seating area was not as large as you might think so you will want to plan to get there a little earlier than they tell you to be there. We arrived earlier than the CMs told us and the pickins were slim. We ended up pretty close to the water. It turned out fine but be aware.

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
1701CD8C-DC7F-4149-A29F-32B22E2EDFB6_zpsamcm9ds3.jpg

SO IT BEGINS... DUM DUM DUM

dancingtodisney

For my birthday I have three different scenarios I am debating between!

I definitely want to celebrate in the Magic Kingdom. It is my first full day there and what's more perfect than having a birthday in MK??

Should I..
1. eat at BOG for lunch and Skipper Canteen for dinner and stay in the park ALL DAY
2. eat at Skipper Canteen for lunch and have BOG for dinner still stay in park ALL DAY
3. eat at BOG for lunch take a mid day break and go back to the resort, have dinner at Ohana and then watch fireworks back at MK

I think I much preferred BOG lunch over dinner, but I am not sure if I should have a celebratory alcoholic birthday drink with dinner for my birthday...which leaves BOG dinner or Ohana...

WHY AM I CRAZY??>?

HEY!!

Have you thought about BOG for breakfast on your birthday? I know you said you don't each much at breakfast but it's quite light AND you can make a reservation that gets you early entry so you get the empty MK photoshoot!

As for your dinners, I loved Cali I'm so glad you're going! I preferred narcoossee's to le cellier and if you're looking for another signature I'd highly recommend it and to get the surf and turf!

For another regular credit I would recommend Raglan Road and not just because I'm Irish! I can't remember from your TR's if you've been before but the food is great and the entertainment is so good too. Sanaa was one of my favourites from last trip!

Last edited:

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Hi Nicole!
I highly recommend either Tutto Italia in Epcot or Trattoria al Forno on the Boardwalk for Italian.. I may be biased about the latter because my fiancé proposed to me on the Boardwalk right before out ADR there. The food and service were Amazing. Following along, happy planning!

Disney proposal! Ah, a girl can dream!! Thank you so much for the tips! Can't believe 180 days is right around the corner! Slowly watching the park hours come out.. I will get this planned! :)

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom