Pre-Trip The "I NEED HELP" Pre-Pre-Trip Report

Okay.
Deep breaths, Nicole.

Inhale, exhale.

Hello, friends. I am Nicole, and I need HELP. After my whining, and begging, and downright temper tantrum-ing, I have finally gotten my boyfriend to agree to a Disney trip! It has been FIVE years since we went to Disney together, and one whole whopping longgggggg 2015 of no Disney for me. But it's a new year... it's 2016, and this little princess is getting her behind to Disney. :)

So, I am thinking of booking Disney from Friday, November 4th to Sunday, November 13th. My birthday is the 5th, and I REALLY want to wake up in the world. I know it's a little bit more expensive to fly out Friday afternoon and pay for an extra night, but I don't think there is any monetary amount that can compare to waking up in Disney on your birthday.

Now here's where you guys come in.

Should I stay at a Value Resort (thinking Art of Animation) or should a spend about 600 bucks more and stay at Port Orleans Riverside?

I really want to go to Universal (don't throw things at me) because I have never been! Do you think 6 days Disney and 2-3 days Universal for a first timer would be appropriate?

Should I book now (please say yes) or should I wait until like 6 months prior which would bring me to the end of April...I know NOTHING about how airline flights work and I've been checking every day on the Disney website. It does seem like Tuesday is the cheapest day for flights for some reason, no clue why!

So my dear fellow Disney obsessed friends, please help me. I will be forever and ever grateful.

DSC00471 by nicole tiffany

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Leaning towards option three because I remember meeting the Beast at lunch as well.. however at dinner time they do that cute little drum roll and then he comes out and bows...
You are remembering incorrectly....the Beast has never met guests during lunch at BOG. :)

I had Ohana back in like 2005? I have no idea what the dessert was then but I really don't think it was bread pudding!
It was pineapple with caramel sauce :hungry:.

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
You're "not sure if you should have a celebratory alcoholic birthday drink with dinner for your birthday"?!?!?! Or else what? Hot tea and a scone? :)

My advice is dinner at Ohana or even California Grill if you can afford that lunatic pricing, and then a drink around the Monorail celebration...but then again, look who you are talking to. Of course that is what I would suggest. Whatever you do, have a fantastic time! ;)

I'm planning to do Cali Grill on another day! I am leaning towards Ohana for my birthday because well, an alcoholic beverage in a pineapple just seems even better than any birthday cake. What are your plans?! ARE YOU RETURNING!!!

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Nicole - My wife and I did dinner at the California Grill and it was awesome. The key is to make reservations about 30 - 45 minutes on a night that wishes is scheduled. The cast understands that many people will be there just for that experience. Our waiter even mentioned it and stated that most of the people journey out to the outside decks to watch but if you have a good seat, you can eat dessert, watch and listen to wishes. Since it is only you and your BF, it would be a beautiful evening.

(Plus when we were walking to our seats, I noticed that we were being placed in the back away from the windows. I quickly asked the hostess if we could possibly have seat by the windows. So the hostess asked and we were able to secure a great spot. I even gave the guy a $20 for the great seats.)

All in all, no matter where you go, it would be great. Heck you're in Disney...

Thank you for this info! Planning to do Cali Grill at some point in the trip, don't know if I should plan a time when it's Holiday Wishes or regular Wishes. It would be so much easier to plan if the hours for November were posted!!

And what a great experience you must have had! I get chills just thinking about it! :)

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Mine's here! Definitely stick with purple...much more flexible and comfy than the other bands :).
image.jpeg

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
If you are looking to use up another dining credit Hoop Dee Doo Revue is a blast and takes two credits.

Thank you! Still have no clue where I'm dining, and this is usually figured out by now!

Still thinking, Le Cellier, Cali Grill, Ohana, BOG lunch, Yak and Yeti...

Want another TS at Epcot, and maybe one at Disney Springs? Also need somewhere for my Hollywood Studios day.. will Mama Melrose be closed? Debating Via Napoli because I've eaten there before but never had the pizza and it always looks amazing in pictures.. then again I live right by NY and could eat really awesome pizza any day of the week. Trying to get different food types as well.. WHY IS THIS SO HARD FOR ME THIS TIME AROUND?!

SYRIK2000

Thank you! Still have no clue where I'm dining, and this is usually figured out by now!

Want another TS at Epcot, and maybe one at Disney Springs? Also need somewhere for my Hollywood Studios day.. will Mama Melrose be closed? Debating Via Napoli because I've eaten there before but never had the pizza and it always looks amazing in pictures.. then again I live right by NY and could eat really awesome pizza any day of the week. Trying to get different food types as well.. WHY IS THIS SO HARD FOR ME THIS TIME AROUND?!
We like Teppan Edo. Lots of fun and good food. Our chef last time was hilarious.

Tony the Tigger

You know I have to push the Flying Fish Cafe if it's open by November. You mentioned EPCOT - it's a quick walk out the back gate onto the boardwalk. Well worth it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom