The "Hurry up and reopen the Adventurers Club Thread" per Lee's request.

nibblesandbits

It's very similar to when Horizons was closed and World of Motion was closed.

The major difference is that when they closed these two attractions, they actually had something in mind to take it's place. Not some vague marketing plan that's never gonna come to fruition because some wet behind the ears bean counters made up their own skewed exit polls.
Exactly...that I think is the biggest issue I have with the whole thing...well that and the fact that the AC could have coexisted nicely with what they had planned, if they had even tried just a little.

scpergj

Seriously. It isn't hard to just skip over a thread that doesn't interest you. I have no interest in a Soda Price Increase thread, or one about Mr. Smee. Easy enough to just let it be and move on....
If, say, Universe of Energy were to be closed, there would be plenty of threads right here talking about how dumb it was to close it, and that it should come back.
Same thing.

Lee's right...

It took me a LONG time to figure out that it is better to back away from something that I'm not interested in or a post that makes me angry instead of posting an angry reply (I still do that on occasion...:brick:).

While I've never been to the AC, I appreciate the passion that those that loved it show and I follow this thread in the hopes that some day my wife and I WILL be able to visit and have drink or two while enjoying the show.

Ok, if the occasional reminder of reality is too disturbing for you, I'll leave you to your fantasy world thread. :p

But aren't you the same guy who went out and sold some of his treasured Adventurer's Club collectible gear on e-bay? Some would call that jumping off the bandwagon, sir. :ROFLOL:

Maybe its time this thread got moved to the "past attractions" section of the forums where people who are interested in what is NEWS or what is RUMORED won't keep seeing it. :zipit:
or, YOU could just stay off this thread. I've no expectations of the club ever reopening, but I DO enjoy talking about it. KUNGALOOSH

MKCP 1985

or, YOU could just stay off this thread. I've no expectations of the club ever reopening, but I DO enjoy talking about it. KUNGALOOSH

The wdwmagic forums allow private groups where people with a common interest can discuss topics of interest. This thread isn't one of them - posted in news and rumors, where with each passing day the fate of the Adventurer's Club becomes less of either.

unless you are a moderator here, you are in no position to tell me or anyone else what threads to post in.

As it turns out, I considered the Adventurer's Club a fun place when it was open. Unlike some people here, I actually spent money on drinks when I visited, but that is neither here nor there. I didn't obsess over the place, planning vacations around it. Whether I went there one time or once a day, I am just as qualified to participate in these discussions as anyone else.

I was at Downtown Disney for a little while today. I didn't go read a poem on the steps or have a sit in protest. Instead, I enjoyed a nice lunch at Earl of Sandwich and spent some money at the places that were still open.

From all appearances, A/C was still closed. :wave:

wdwfan100

The wdwmagic forums allow private groups where people with a common interest can discuss topics of interest. This thread isn't one of them - posted in news and rumors, where with each passing day the fate of the Adventurer's Club becomes less of either.

unless you are a moderator here, you are in no position to tell me or anyone else what threads to post in.

As it turns out, I considered the Adventurer's Club a fun place when it was open. Unlike some people here, I actually spent money on drinks when I visited, but that is neither here nor there. I didn't obsess over the place, planning vacations around it. Whether I went there one time or once a day, I am just as qualified to participate in these discussions as anyone else.

I was at Downtown Disney for a little while today. I didn't go read a poem on the steps or have a sit in protest. Instead, I enjoyed a nice lunch at Earl of Sandwich and spent some money at the places that were still open.

From all appearances, A/C was still closed. :wave:

I think what most people have trouble with is that if the subject matter of the thread bothers people, why return over and over to bash those that are interested in the thread. Sure you can post any where you feel like. Why here? If you truly dont care, there have to be better ways to spend your time.

:wave:
No, but I am in a position to tell you to quit your and allow those of us who so choose to enjoy this thread.

SoccerMickey

I wouldn;'t want to see the Adventurers Club anywhere but Pleasure Island. I was able to go into the club one day last week for a private event and rest assured for the most part everything is still in there...and pretty much intact. There was no entertainment at the event but it was nice to be in there and walk up to Fingers. It just seemed a little odd because there wasn't as much liquor behind the bar, and the computers (registers) were pulled out. The bar was CASH ONLY. So there is still hope...

Captain Hank

As a courtesy to the other forum members we should probably restrict Adventurers Club postings to a single thread (preferably this one). 3-5 AC threads is a couple too many, and have the potential to get very annoying very fast to the non-AC fans out there.

nibblesandbits

As a courtesy to the other forum members we should probably restrict Adventurers Club postings to a single thread (preferably this one). 3-5 AC threads is a couple too many, and have the potential to get very annoying very fast to the non-AC fans out there.
Well, now this I agree with. There is no need to have a million Adv. Club threads running. Although if Disney is reading this...then maybe the more Adv. Club threads up the better...:lookaroun

PhotoDave219

Ya see I am an AdvClub fan and all the fanboydom here had pretty much killed it for me.

It was a fun club, i'm glad to have met the people i did, cast and drunks alike, but its over. Its done.

You can't ever go back to it. You cant recreate that magic. So why keep rubbing salt in the wounds?

SoccerMickey

why keep rubbing salt in the wounds?

I think if after the club closed on September 27, walls went up then a week or two after the club was demolished people wouldn't be holding on to something. But its still sitting there...vacant...with a clown on select nights doing parlor tricks. Its almost like putting a rack of ribs in front of a dog but just enough out of range so he can't eat them.

wdwfan100

Ya see I am an AdvClub fan and all the fanboydom here had pretty much killed it for me.

It was a fun club, i'm glad to have met the people i did, cast and drunks alike, but its over. Its done.

You can't ever go back to it. You cant recreate that magic. So why keep rubbing salt in the wounds?

I still dont understand all the disgust. If you dont want to take part in all the fanboydom activities, dont. No one forces anyone to read these threads. People in this forum just disagree with you. I dont see a need for a crusade to bring us all to our "senses".

How can AC talk annoy someone who stays off the AC threads??? Everyone's a victim........

PhotoDave219

I still dont understand all the disgust. If you dont want to take part in all the fanboydom activities, dont. No one forces anyone to read these threads. People in this forum just disagree with you. I dont see a need for a crusade to bring us all to our "senses".

Who's crusading? I'm merely poking fun. The worst has got to be the smelly hat kid. He was so obsessive... ugh. It really crossed some lines and then some. Funny to watch tho.

I had a great time at the club. Met great people. Got to know some, got to know some in ways you dont want described and thank god for that back alley behind the club. You know, the one to the left as you leave out the back doors between AdvClub and BET? Yeah, great spot.

Anyways.... My friends still have their jobs. Just elsewhere playing other people.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom