The House Cup: An Imagineering Competition

IAmNotAHufflepuff

Team Lassetoki - The Sole Imagineer Season 2: Redemption Island

@MonorailRed @Flippin'Flounder, @tcool123 @Sam4D23 @Ranky64 @spacemt354

One of, if not my favorite project of all time! The Xanadu Project from TSI Season 2. This project was probably the most ambitious I've ever been apart of. Every single piece of artwork was custom. We had voice over narration, a comic, everything.

As a fun fact....this project was actually the inspiration for The House Cup. Right after this project was finished, I looked back and said...wow, that was fun , working as a team with a theme (we were the Avengers) can be very fun. A few days later I was like, what if we had a Harry Potter themed comp where each team was a House? And you were passionate about your House and wanting your House to work together on projects. And the rest, well, is here!

Basically, if the Xanadu Project didn't happen, we wouldn't be here right now:happy:

That was a great project! I can't believe the amount of effort that went into it. :D

Also, "Tiki carries the entire team on his back!" :hilarious:

Jack Pumpkinhead

YEAR FIVE: IMAGINEERS AND THE ORDER OF THE PAVILION

Welcome Year Five of The House Cup!

In this challenge, you and your Houses will be tasked with designing a new Future World Pavilion. You can either create an entirely new pavilion in addition to the current pavilions or you can replace an existing pavilion with your own creation. Up to you!

This challenge will be due Tuesday June 14th at 11:59 PM EST

Your House Brainstorming PMs will be up immediately - have fun and good luck to all!
I'm Neville ever going to remember to add the music the first time you post these, am I?

Jack Pumpkinhead

Year Five - The Department of Mysteries
latest

In the Department of Mysteries, there are hundreds to thousands of prophecies that attempt to predict the future. For this fun tie-in, optional challenge, one member from each House can make a prediction on behalf of their House about a future expansion at a Disney theme park.

Something that hasn't been announced that you predict will be in the near future. You only need a sentence or two for this, nothing more. And since it's just something small, you'll get 5 House Points for submitting.

Your prophecies will be due to the Department of Mysteries by tomorrow at 11:59 PM EST. Enjoy!
What's this about the Department of Mysteries? You know you can't go there, and don't get any ideas, it's guarded by these.

Flippin'Flounder

Department of Mysteries- For Hufflepuff!
A new attraction is on it's way. In an empty park of neglect, a park of the future. To be announced in the year Two-Thousand Twenty-One to replace a place that used to be full of joy and wonder, but became instead a place of skunks and Eric Idle... The miraculous return of the beloved duo, man and dragon, in the all new... Journeys of Imagination!

Journeys of Imagination will be a new trackless dark ride replacing the current Journey into Imagination with Figment. It will host the return of the Dreamfinder, and will bring back Figment with his classic charm. The attraction will be similar to the original, but with new elements, such as a Music room replacing the Performing Arts room, as well as a brand new room to tie the other four together, Creativity. The big thing to set this apart from other attractions, however, is that the Creativity room will be entered twice. Once before you enter the other rooms, and again with a whole new light shined on it after going through the other rooms. The new attraction will open for Epcot's 40 year anniversary in 2022.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Department of Mysteries- For Hufflepuff!
A new attraction is on it's way. In an empty park of neglect, a park of the future. To be announced in the year Two-Thousand Twenty-One to replace a place that used to be full of joy and wonder, but became instead a place of skunks and Eric Idle... The miraculous return of the beloved duo, man and dragon, in the all new... Journeys of Imagination!

Journeys of Imagination will be a new trackless dark ride replacing the current Journey into Imagination with Figment. It will host the return of the Dreamfinder, and will bring back Figment with his classic charm. The attraction will be similar to the original, but with new elements, such as a Music room replacing the Performing Arts room, as well as a brand new room to tie the other four together, Creativity. The big thing to set this apart from other attractions, however, is that the Creativity room will be entered twice. Once before you enter the other rooms, and again with a whole new light shined on it after going through the other rooms. The new attraction will open for Epcot's 40 year anniversary in 2022.
^Please come true...:happy:

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Year Five - The Room of Requirement - For Gryffindor!
rivercountry_map2001disney.jpg

I've always been fascinated by River Country and the Fort Wilderness area, an area that I feel has so much potential to truly expand the Magic Kingdom Area into something truly special and unique. In this project, I will be revamping River Country by adding a 3rd water park to Walt Disney World, as well as the inclusion of a variety of activities in the Fort Wilderness Area.

rivercountry_overview1976wdp.jpg

Nestled on the shores of Bay Lake (however this time not using Bay Lake water):p will be the waterin' hole for the wilderness. A smaller, more quaint water park experience. Restoring some of the slippin' slides, the new River Country will also include an expanded lazy river as well as some interactive water play areas as well. In addition, picnic areas will encompass the large pool (which also doubles as a small wave pool)

The main attraction of River Country will be the large waterslide, the Frontier, standing at 45 ft tall, it will take guests through rocky canyons and into a 25 foot plunge right into the pool.
WDW6-82_PoolA.jpg

In addition to the River Country upgrade and re-opening, we will also be expanding the Fort Wilderness area, and bringing back the Fort Wilderness Railroad as well as DVC cabins, and special holiday events.
FWRR%20RC%20Map.jpg

Overall, the Fort Wilderness area will be restored to its former glory - and will give guests even more to explore at Walt Disney World​

The Excavator

Room of Requirement: Ravenclaw

Mt. Fuji Roller Coaster, Japan Pavilion
epcot-fuji.png

Coming to the Japan Pavilion in 2024 is the never realized Mt. Fuji Roller Coaster. Using the expansion plot behind the pavilion, a 105 foot tall replica of Mt. Fuji will be constructed using forced perspective so it doesn't tower over the rest of World Showcase. The attraction will be much like the Matterhorn in Disneyland, using single seat bobsleds that will slide down the mountain in a roller coaster format. It will be Epcot's first and only roller coaster, and add an aspect of culture and history to the World Showcase promenade. It will have a height minimum restriction of 44 inches, will last for 2 minutes and 45 seconds and travel at speeds of up to 35 mph. Overall, Mt. Fuji will be a much needed addition to Epcot.

Voxel

President of Progress City
Sadly I would love to show yall the legendary Avenger's project however the website where users had to "hack" into to see the project is down. I still think that that was the strongest project the forum as seen to this day. However instead I shall showcase the project that gave me "Legendary Status" in these forums along with the project that got me into the forums and finally the project I'm most proud of:
I present the Agatha Christies:
The exterior of the restaurant will be none other than the famed train the Orient Express.
Interior:
lossy-page1-1280px-Restaurant_Anatolie_configuration_2.tif.jpg

Based on Agatha's Christies famous book (later turned into a film), this dining experience will place guest into a rail car sized dining hall themed after the dining all from the famous Orient Express. A mahogany wood lines the walls and furniture with a white cloth covering each of the tables. To the side of each table, a pink topped lambs will lightly reflect against the window. While not the roomies of dining halls, the carriage will provide a realistic environment. The car will rattle and shimming back and forth during the greeting of guest and hostess, while the snowy landscape complete with falling snow rolls by the window. The cast of actresses and Actor will be seen walking in with the guest and walked towards the end of the carriage as if they are walking through the train to reach the next carriage.

Dinning will start when the drama of the night begins, a scream will come from the carriage as the body of Mr. Rachett is found stabbed to death in his locked carriage with the window open. The night will continue as the other 13 passengers convene in the dinning car, sitting amongst the guest as they discuss the murder and attempt to discover which one among the was the killer. To provide a varying experience for the guest one key thing will be changed from the original plot line, the Killer. The killer will change from show to show, allowing guest a new plot twist each time. To compensate for this, the cast will make changes to the script and make it up as they go at certain points as long as they follow the plot. Another elements to bring in guest involvement, the cast will treat the dining guest as fellow passenger's. So watch out, or you might find yourself among the accused.

Menu:

All tables include a Great British Cheese board feature a college of British cheeses such as West Country Farmhouse Cheddar, Mozzarella, Double Gloucester and Red Leicester for all guest to enjoy and experience. Includes a side of bread.

Main Course:

Seared salmon:

A pan seared Salmon accompanied by a lemon and mustard dressing, with a side of Crayfish and Steamed Vegetables.

Chicken Tarragon:

Sautéed chicken with broccoli cooked in a light garlic, white wine and tarragon sauce.

Seasonal Soup:

Ask your server what the season soup is.

Slow Cooked Beef:

A slow cook organic beef with roasted winter vegetables and potatoes.

Baked Eggplant Parmesan ~ Sliced eggplant breaded, baked and layered

with provolone cheese and marinara sauce.

Orecchiette with Rapini and Goat Cheese~ Slightly bitter rapini (also known as broccoli rabe), marries well with tangy goat cheese in a pasta recipe

Dessert

Triple Chocolate Mouse cake ~ Three luxurious layers of solid Mousse-Milk Chocolate, White Chocolate and Mocha Mousse atop a fudgy base of flourless chocolate cake and piled high with chocolate shavings.

Tempura Cheesecake ~ Cheesecake Tempura battered and friend, topped with chocolate ganache

White Chocolate Mouse ~ Two thick and lusty layers of satiny White Chocolate Mousse with a thin layer of moist yellow cake in between. Piled high with White Chocolate shavings.

Raspberries N’ Cream ~ A thick layer of intensely flavored pink Raspberry Mousse with center layers of chocolate cake, whipped cream and fresh raspberries. Finished with a Raspberry Glaze

Drinks

Sleeping Car

Apricot infused Cognac, Calvados, Lemon Juice, Mint and Bitters

Irish Coffee

A vanilla coffee mixed with an Traditional Irish Creme.

The Agatha

Old Tom Gin, lemon with house-made strawberry-sage soda

Orient Express

Smirnoff® Vanilla Twist vodka, with Frangelico® hazelnut liqueur, Bailey's® Irish cream, and espresso with a pinch of cream, cinnamon and sugar

Traditional Red and White wine list.

Water

This was an extremely fun project, I tried something I have never done before and in the end walk away with a project that I think stands out as one of the most memorable in Imagineering forum history. What was interesting about this challenge is that I had never done a restaurant until this point and I don't think I could ever top it now. :D

Voxel

Now for phase two, A project most of you weren't around for. two or three years ago I joined my first competition and was teamed with the lovely JDM, who sadly isn't around much anymore. But either way we were tasked with redesigning Main Street, USA are design ended with a NASA theme leading into Tomorrowland and a Dragster ride near the entrance. ENJOY:

Team Disney Proudly Presents:
Main Street, USA

Main Street U.S.A.

When the first Main Street, USA opened in Disneyland in 1955, it represent aspects of Walt Disney childhood home at the turn of the century. Walt Disney was quoted saying this about Main Street: “For those of use who remember the carefree time it recreates, Main Street will bring back memories. For those younger visitors, it is an adventure in turning back the calendar to the days of their grandfather’s youth”. While Main Street, USA in Walt Disney World is not a exact replica its still embodies this core value and imagery that Walt had picture for Disneyland. For this re-imagining of the Magic Kingdoms Main Street, USA Team Disney wanted to remain true to this, and every aspect of this re-imagined Main Street embodies Walt Disney’s statement.

Pulling from the original concept art for Main Street USA, in Disneyland Paris, we decided to maintain the Americana hometown feel that the Main Street has provided its guest for over 40 years. Rolling the early-20th-century small-town feel forward, we decided to give a Leave It Beaver hometown by giving Main Street, USA a 50’s facelift.

The word facelift, however, is not to be taken lightly, this re-imagining of Main Street, USA will be one largest expansions in the history of the Magic Kingdom with the addition of two new attraction, a re-imagined attraction, a new meet and greet pavilion, prime firework viewing locations, three new restaurants, and two new VIP locations. The master plan below shows the vast changes made to Main Street USA.
Slide1_zps35aca7c6.jpg

Slide2_zps4975cd8d.jpg

Slide3_zpsac08917e.jpg

A Closer look at the Bradbury Lane Expansion can be seen here:

Slide9_zps87f00835.jpg

Slide10_zpsfbcd88f1.jpg

A. Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater

B. NASA Information Center

C. Stan’s Comics & Novelty Items (C on 2nd floor should be D)

D. Science Theater: Featuring Mickey and the Gang

E. The Doo-Whop Hop

F. Mortimer’s Mercantile

G. Gus’s Garage Racers

H. Night Sky Projection/Rafters

I. Club ’55 Rooftop Fireworks Viewing/Patio

J. Fireworks Viewing East (rooftop)

*Storage

Theme/Appearance.

Before walking through the tunnels into the Magic Kingdom, guest will look up and see the new Main Street Train Station welcoming their arrival:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sethgaines/37186173/ (This photo wouldn't embed)

Passing through the tunnel into the Magic Kingdom, the changes welcoming quest will be seen immediately. Gone is the sudo triangle “road” system, replacing it is a roundabout allowing for better Parade flow. At the center roundabout lies the flag plow or seasonal decoration. On the left will be Town Hall with an update 50’s design and on the right will be Walt’s College which will be explained in the Attractions description.

Looking forward the quest will have an option of three road take. Main Street in the center with Broad Street to the left and Second Street. At the end of these streets will be two brand new restaurants, The Prime Time Cafe that is takes the place of the Crystal Palace and on the right side heading towards Tomorrowland will be the newly relocated Sci-Fi Dine-In Theatre which was moved due to the Star Wars, and Pixar additions to Hollywood Studios. The

Connecting these three street, Center Street flows from Broad Street to Second Street where it starts to transition into Tomorrowland becoming Bradbury Lane. Following Bradbury Lane, guest will encounter Asimov Circle which will pay tribute to the great science fiction writers that allowed Americans and the world to imagine a world of tomorrow. One the right side of the Bradbury lane lies the Doo-Wop Hop, and Gus’s Garage. While on the left there will be a new merch shop and a brand new meet and greet pavilion with all new features.

Another tribute to this American vision of adventure and tomorrow can be seen in the last section of the addition before entering Tomorrowland where to icons will represent guess transition from Main Street USA, standing on the right side of the tunnel will be a replica of the Horizons Mural and at the new second entrance into Tomorrowland a replica of the Disneyland rocket ship.
HORIZONS-MURAL-Rober-McCall.jpg
tomorrowland_9_1965_2.jpg

Scatter across the new Main Street, USA guest will see small details that add to the level to the depth of immersion. Splattered across empty brick wall, guest will see old fashion wall art advertisements.

Attractions

Gus’s Garage Racers:

Using the same great technology Test Track in Epcot and Radiator Springs Racers in California Adventures, the next Disney E-Ticket attraction will come screaming past the question straight out of the 1950’s. The ride takes guest into a 1950’s dealership to take the newest cars for a test ride of their life. The guest are taken through an interactive queue showing life in the 1950s until they finally get to board their car. Each car will have a unique look pulling from inspiration from car’s in the 50’s with different wings, stripes, etc..

The ride takes guest through all three floors of the structure as they test drive the hottest new cars. Highlights from the ride include a drag race through through town, highways, and waterways with speeds reaching 65mph, zooming past a window in the Doo-Wop Hop that allows diners to watch the ride if they want. A randomize encountered with a paint shop that uses an small electrical charge to change to paint color from the front back or a tire shop that will life and lower the car as if the tire are going to be changed. And finally a screeching halt with a quick reverse and turn around to get back on track.
Slide15_zpsd556c384.jpg
Slide16_zps4a7cd8a3.jpg

Slide14_zps939e3ae2.jpg

AA-Stand-by Entrance
AB-FastPass+ Entrance
AC-Line Merge Point (first floor), Maintenance (second floor)
A1-Load
A2-Intersection w/ Traffic Light #1
A3-Ascent
A4-Slow test drive on highway overpass
A5-View into sock hop dance floor, still on test drive
A6-Scenic view through windows of the roundabout, inside test course
A7-Speeding up a little bit, simulated outdoor alley
A8-Descent
A9-Paint/Tire Change Rooms
A10-Race begins with animatronic greasers + acquaintances cheering, zip under highway overpass
A11-Descent
A12-Racing in dried drainage areas (ex. Grease), back alleys
A13-Near collision on Main Street, backing up and going forward again
A14-Speeding to the finish line
A15-Just before this is the finish line with greasers and checkered flags, followed by merge
A16-Ascent
A17-Intersection w/ Traffic Light #1
A18-Unload

Plaza SunBoats:

As a nod to the past, we at Team Disney decide to bring back a classic attraction to the Magic Kingdom and Main Street, USA. Utilizing the water ways around the hub, the Swan Boats will take guest on a 15 to 17 minute journey around the hub and Swiss Family Treehouse. The ride will include 12 brand-new Swan Boats style after the original but with a modern flare. Instead of operating on a natural gas engine, the new boats will have an eco friendly approach with the us of a Lithium Ion battery (seal in a water proof contain for obvious reasons) and high efficiency solar panels for charging and maintaining the battery. Running the batteries along the floor of the boat will keep the weight low and center increasing balance and stability for guest.

Walt’s College:

Replacing Town Square Theatre will be a building with a small town college facade know as Walt's College. Walt's College will be a two story attraction that magnifies what is currently in Town Square Theater. The first floor will be dedicated to the study of history, with models of the original park designs, art work and other assorted items related to Disney's history including the original Partners statue that currently sits in front of the Magic Kingdom(A newer version will be described later). The second floor will be dedicated to Art when guest can dive into famous Disney scenes, see original artwork from classic and modern Disney movies and take a peak into the future of Disney Parks.

Meet and Greet:

Tucked away on the North side of Bradbury Lane, the Science Theater has the fab five are actively preparing for a stage show where they take viewer into the world of science. Lucky for guest, they have a little bit spare time to come back stage and meet their fans. This new meet and greet pavilion will give guest a once and a life time opportunity to interact with Mickey and his friends in a way that has never been done before. From 9 am to 12 pm the Fab will be in this Pavilion to greet guest in a new and exciting interactive meet up. Using the magic of the MyMagic+ and parental wizardry, each guests favorite character will personally well the guest by name as they enter. The same will occur to say good night to guest from 7 pm to 10 pm in the evening. During the other hour guest will be treated to various meet and greets depending on the season and including couple meet ups with Mickey and Minnie dressed in 50's attire.

Main Street Transportation:
Main Street vehicle would run up and down the street most of the day, rather than morning time only. Following similar routes as their previous incarnations, the vehicles would have updated looks to keep up with the 1950s style. The old vehicles will be placed into Walt's College.

Dining

Prime Time Diner:

A quick service treat for guest located where the Crystal Palace originally stood. At it’s core the Prime Time Diner is just a quick service variant of the 50’s Prime Time Cafe, with the same charm and sense of humor. Placed around the restaurant are various televisions broadcasting reruns of the Mickey Mouse Club and Leave it to Beaver as if they were broad casting. Because this is a quick service restaurant, all dishes will be server on plates stylized to look like microwavable TV dinner trays (which became popular in the 50s).

Sci-fi Dine-in Theatre:

Closed due to the growing expansions at Disney's Hollywood Studios, the ever popular and classic Disney dinning experience will be relocated to former location of the Tomorrowland Terrance Restaurant. This relocation will feature the tradition dinning cars and old sci-fi movies playing on the big screen. A few modifications include and increased screen size and more seating for guest.

The Doo-Wop Hop:

Taking its name from the Doo-Wop songs, dances and style of the era, the Doo-Wop Hop gives a dining experience like no other. Not only will guest get the opportunity to dine with their favorite Disney character is this 50's style dinning but they will also have the chance to get up and dance with these characters on the hour, every hour. This music will be provided by a live band playing the greatest Doo-Wop hits of 1950's for 15 to 20 minutes. A nickel Jukebox will play background music during the rest of the meal time activities.

Shopping:

While much of the appearance for Main Street, USA will change the same exclusive treasure can be found within its streets, with the addition of a few. To blend with the 1950’s theme of the new Main Street USA many retro designed Disney products will be introduced including but not limited to:
023642.jpg

Here are some of the shopping experiences that guest will be able to experience at the new Main Street, USA.
Slide12_zps32b7c8c6.jpg
Slide13_zps73385011.jpg

A. Johnson’s Toy Chest

B. Annette Corner Ice Cream

C. Crump & Crump’s Oddity Parlo

D. Main Street Enchantments

E. Clay Specialties

F. Dodd Corner – Counter and Dining Room 1

G. Dodd Corner – Dining Room 2

H. Warner Television Repair

I. Elevator/Stairs to Club ‘55

J. M. Starbuck’s Café

K. Café Dining Room

L. Beatrice Tailors

M. Hall of Champions

N. Youth Fittings

O. Penny Arcade

P. Main Street Bakery

Q. Main Street Emporium

R. Gas Pumps

S. Lou’s Fill-Er-Up Station

T. Sklar Models and other Intricacies

U. Grand Cinema

V. Johnson & Krapf Realty: OPEN HOUSE

W. Club ‘55

X. Atriums above stores

* Storage

VIP Areas

Club 55:

Following the example of Disneyland and Tokyo Disneyland, The Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World Resort will proudly present a brand new VIP experience called Club 55. Club 55 will be located on the second floor of the merchandise section between Main Street and Second Street, on the north side of Center Street. Members will enter the lobby of Club 55 from an alley way off of Second Street, from the lobby guest will then take a small lift up to the exclusive dining experience. Taking its design from the luxury Tiki culture that was swinging in the post-war 50s, Club 55 will take elements form the most famous Tiki Bars around the nation giving the members a dinning experience like no other in Walt Disney World.
tongaroomtikibar-290x290.jpg

The Island:

The Island is and exclusive VIP area for parties, events, and groups that has a sense of adventure that appeals for the quest for adventure in the 1950’s. Located underneath the Hub of the Magic Kingdom, the Island gives an truly one of a kind experience having quest forget that they are currently are in the busiest vacation spot in the world.
1.1282290614.cave-club-deep-inside.jpg

An outline of the changes can be seen below:
Slide6_zpscc4d056f.jpg

A. Main Dining Room

B. Sun Boats entry tunnel and station

C. Sun Boats exit tunnel

D. Kitchen

E. Utilidor Detour

Construction

Construction of the new Main Street, USA will take place over three years and will open in four unique phases and with the promise that the promise that guest will have clear visibility walking down Main Street like they do now. Much of the demolition work and moving of materials will take place during the night.

Phase 1:

Phase 1 will open six months into the three year project, and will consist of opening Second Street and Broad street. During this time the tarp facades will be put up around the current buildings on Main Street to hid the construction taking place behind them..

Phase 2:

Phase 2 will open a year and a half into the project will feature the Opening of the Prime Time Diner, Town Hall, Walt’s College, Center Street, and the rest of the stores lining Main Street, Broad Street, and Second Street.

Phase 3:

Phase 3 will open 2 years into the the project and will consist of the grand opening of Bradbury Lane into Tomorrowland, along with Gus’s Garage, Space Theatre, the Doo-Wop Hop, the Sci-Fi Drive-in Theater, and all the stores involved with this project. The new Firework view locations on top of the Prime Time Diner and Sci-fi Drive-in Theatre will open.

Phase 4:

Phase 4 will begin work after Phase 3 opens and not only take a year to finish but will take place during the Year of Magic. During this phase the hub will be closed down for major construction and changes to the Magic Kingdom infrastructure. A major addition will be the construction of The Island. To handle this change the Utilidor underneath the Hub will be curved and rerouted to handle the addition of the Island.

On the surface side of the hub new changes will also occur. The Partners statue will be moved into Walt’s college and will be replaced with a exact replica, that has Fiber optics hidden in its design and a more weather proof/time last design. The road itself with have the addition of this same Fiber Optic technology, and new sensor for parade usage. An example of these Fiber Optics and be see in a small scale at Epcot:

A Year of Magic

This year long celebration on the Magic brought to the world around by Walt Disney will begin on the New Year in celebration of the reopening of Main Street USA and the new attractions off of Bradbury . This event will not only be used to celebrate the additions added to the Magic Kingdom, but will also distract guest from the temporary closure of the Hub. But even with the closure of the Hub, A Year of Magic will a Disney Celebration like no other, with tons of new meet and greets, a brand new night time spectacular, and daytimes celebrations.

Meet and Greets

To celebrate the rich history of Disney, we are proud to announce that almost every character in Disney’s collection will be available for a meet and greet through out this celebration. Characters such as Scrooge, Von-Drake, Max, and Meeko will make an appearance along with their many friends. This is just the start of these meet and greets, in honor of holidays the Magic Kingdom Meet and Greets will represent the holiday of that month. Examples of these special occasions:

Valentines Day:

Valentines Day will bring out the lovers, in attendance Pocahontas and John Smith, Roger and Anita(with their Dalmatians), and Hercules and Megara just to name a few in attendance.

Halloween:

The villains will be out in full force during this celebration time. All of Disney’s favorite villains new and old will be present from Prince John to Maleficent will be accounted for walking around the Magic Kingdom during the day with night time celebrations of Villainy occurring in Hollywood Studios.

July:

During July to fit with the Forth of July celebrations that occur, the month will be filled with celebration of Heroes with every Disney Hero making an appearance.

Nighttime Spectacular

In honor of the new additions to the Magic Kingdom, The Wishes Firework show will be retired for a new nighttime spectacular. The show will take influence from Dreams in DisneyLand Paris but with a few changes. The show will follow Squirt (originally designed for World of Color, representing Walt Disney), as he journeys through imagination and the disney stories. During this show a low lying fog will be used to hide the construction occurring in the hub and adding to the illusion of the show.

Once the hub has be completed and re-opened the opening to the Nighttime spectacular will change to have Squirt jumping around on the castle then jumps out to the Statue of Walt Disney. The fiber optics will light up and have a magical effect starting on Walt, then spreading to the mouse. From there this sparkling magic will spread underneath people from the road out into the world around, starting a spectacular that encompasses the area around the hub.

Daytime Celebrations

Due to the closure of the hub, parades will not be able to occur until the hub is complete. To make up for this, The Magic Kingdom will have dance parties, concerts, and other day time celebrations to entertain guest.

Other Blueprints
Slide7_zps807e093a.jpg
Slide8_zps4189fbda.jpg

A. Main Street Fire Company Headquarters

B. Iwerks Cafeteria

C. City Hall (guest relations)

D. Walt’s College – History Department

E. Walt Disney World Railroad – Main Street Station

F. The Mayor’s Office

G. Walt’s College – Art Department

Slide4_zpsc30f0eb4.jpg
Slide5_zps2ba54cd7.jpg

A. Prime Time Diner Main Room and Counter

B. Goff Park

C. Fireworks Viewing West

*Storage

Voxel

Finally the project I'm most proud of. I love Disney Unity, a perfect version of Epcot for my Australia park. I have been dreaming of finallizing this park but sadly it hasn't happened. Things I am proud of, the Tron ride before Shanghai announced theres, hiking trails through out the park including one to the top of mount Fuji, and multiple Wedding Pavilions through out the park:
Disney Unity
While this park may not be the most visited park in Disneyland Down Under, Disney Unity will be the first park of its type in both the Eastern Hemisphere and the Southern Hemisphere. Unity will also be the most expensive park ever built at ~5 Billion US Dollars. E. Cardon Walker once said Epcot was a place where "...Human achievements are celebrated through imagination, wonders of enterprise and concepts of a future that promises new and exciting benefits for all. ...That it may instill a new sense of belief and pride in man's ability to shape a world that offers hope to people everywhere in the world."
Disney Unity will stand as a similar testament to Humanity and its constant drive to move forward while keeping on an eye of where we have been.
Unity_zps09fcea0d.jpg

A1 A2 A3 A4: Generic stores/food/shopping.

Italy
Italy is styled after the canals of Venice with the Alps in the background. The Alps are shared by Italy, Germany, and France making it the larger theme park mountain ever built.
B1)Chariots of the Gods Join the gods of Ancient Rome as they guide you the news god over the realm of ancient Rome. Using technology similar to Buzz Lightyear and Toy Story this ride will have interactive elements that not only entertain but educated. You will help the gods push back the titans that threaten the Roman world as they know it.

B5) Join a gondolier has they pilots you through the canals of Italy. As you enjoy your ride he will teach you the history of Italy occasionally in song. *If weather permits.

B2, B3, B4) These are all shops and restaurants that offer cuisine from various areas around Italy.

Germany
Styled after a small German Alps town, Germany will bring the heart of Germany to Disney Unity. In the background the Alp (shared with Italy and France) will tower into the sky.

C1, C2) Various German restaurants and shopping.

C3) Bob (German for bobsleigh) Join the German Bobsled team (the best Olympic bobsled team in terms of awards) as they practice for their upcoming Olympic championship. Guest will get to join them in the slows as they rush down the mountain, in and out of tunnels reaching up to 45 MPH, racing across the finish line.

France
Styled after the streets of Paris, France will bring a French flair to the park with the edge of the Alps running in the background.

D1) Cooking with Remy Join Ratatouille as he scampers through the streets of Paris looking for the next great dish and the next great cook. Adventure follows as rides enjoy the trackless ride design that include a peak into one of Disney Unity's premier dinning establishments.

D2,D3) Various other French Dining and shopping experiences.

D4) A smaller scale model of the Arch De Triumph standing proudly at the entrance of France.

Norway
Norway will have the same cold and similar layout to the Epcot, in the front two Viking longboats docked.

E1) Maelstrom Join Elsa, Anna, Olaf, Kristoff, Sven as the explore the history and heritage of Norway. This educational ride will have guest joining Kirstoff and Sven on their new trackless sled driven by Elsa's magic, They will travel through Norway's history learning as guest do. A segment includes a sled getting on a long boat and going out to sea.

E2, E3) Norwegian shopping and dinning.

E4) Two long boat play areas and can be found hear along with a Norwegian church.

England
Big-Ben.jpg

F1) London Museum This ride was designed between @jdmdisney99 and I which uses the same ride designed and premise as Mystic Manor. Guest will join the curator of the Big Ben Museum when everything goes astray and guest find theme selves at the top of Big Ben among other adventures.

F2)Day of Tomorrow Also designed between @jdmdisney99 and I, guest will join the Doctor and his latest companion as they journey across the universe and time. Technology (such as Belle's mirror) will trick guest into believing that they are actually stepping into the world of Doctor Who, including an epic battle between good and evil that will take guest breathe away.

F4) English dinning and shopping.

F3) This will be the Stonehenge venue that will contain the British Invasion musical act along with acting a wedding venue for those who wish to be married in Stonehenge.

Japan
Nestled under Mt. Fuji, Japan brings the sprite of Japan to Disney Unity.

G1) Mount Fuji Go on a wild ride through Mount Fuji, in this adventure from Japan. Guest will dive in and out of tunnels as they try to escape Godzilla until the end where they barely escape a close encounter.

G2) Mount Fuji Hike Through out they day Guest can get lucky enough to get a guided tour to the top of Mount Fuji. In Japan reaching the top of Mount Fuji is a lucky thing. Disney Unity would like to maintain that in this park.

G3, G4) Japanese shopping and dinning.

G5) The same arch as seen in Epcot.

China
Located between Kenya and Japan, China will bring feature a layout and design similar to Epcot's layout.

H1) This is an updated/HD film version that is shown in Epcot currently. This film will also show the changes that have taken place over time in China.

H2, H3) This is Chinese dining and shopping options.

Kenya
This will be the second African based attraction found in a Disney park. Much of the outside with a rural Kenya look.

I1) South Kenyan Safari This safari will take guest on an almost perfectly realistic safari through Kenya. Guest will encounter one of a kind Animatronics that will roam about the attraction and making the guest believe that its the real thing running around. The technology will be more advanced versions of this:

I2) Small Kenyan based shopping and dinning.

Brazil
This pavilion is based on the proposed Brazilian pavilion for Epcot. Most of this will be indoors with the city/tropical feel.

J1) Amazon River Cruise This will contain a boat ride down the Amazon river where guess will have the chance to ride down on of the longest rivers in the world. Guest will see sights from the river as the travel down a leisurely place. This pavilion will also contain various dining and shopping experiences.

America
The front of this pavilion will have a colonial american structure similar to the one found in Epcot.

K1) American Adventure Join George Washington as he guides guest across the Delware into the foundation and future of America on this slow boat ride. Famous figures from American history will show guest how America has influenced the world including a final scene containing a life-like Animatronic of Walt Disney.

K2) This will be another venue for guest weddings and for conventions that need space.

Down Under Pavilion

L1) This will be a pop-up pavilion similar to the one found in Epcot though slightly smaller. This can be used from anything Wedding to a Food and Wine Festival.

Mexico
The front of this pavilion will be styled after an Aztec temple. Guest will walk up and into the temple where they are greeted by the night social atmosphere that the Mexican culture is known for.

M1) El Dorado Join archaeologist as they take guest on a journey into the depth of an Aztec dig sight to help find the lost city of God, El Dorado. The journey will take bumps and turns and unexpected twist as they journey deeper and deeper into the Jungle.

M2) Two small temples in the back of the are used for small private Mexican Wedding for guest who want an Exotic flare.

Space Ship Earth (Unity Sphere)
The Sphere is the same size as the one found at Walt Disney's World Epcot
Spaceship_Earth_2.jpg

N1) Space Ship Earth This is a clone of the classic found at Walt Disney World's Epcot.

N2) This after show area will provide interactive activities for guest after they exit Space Ship Earth.

The Sea
This larger version of the seas has oceanic look to it but is much larger then it's counter part in Epcot.

O1) The Seas The seas is dedicated to the rehabilitation of the natural wildlife in the Australian Oceans. There is no ride, but guest will get to witness the rehabilitation of animals after Disney Unity is the first one to rescue and care for these animals.

O2) This helipad will take lucky guest on a once in a life time journey two and around the Great Barrier Reef where an expert will give them a look of the reef that very few people ever get.

The Land
The Land pavilion will be dedicated to our impact of the land and how the land provide an attraction in it self.

P1) This contains the shopping and dinning options that can be found in the Land.

P2) Living with the Land This attraction will be a more active version of the ride that can be found in Epcot. Not only will guest be seeing how food is being grown around the world but it will take guest in to one of the many growth facilities around Disney Down Under that provides roughly 50% of the food for the parks.

P3) Soarin This is not your mother's Soarin. This attraction is based on the original concept for the Land at Disney's Epcot. This attraction will take guest up in a parasail across a mix of projection screen and living animatronics and physical scenery as you coast around the world.

Wonders of Life
The return of interest into the Medical world has brought the Wonder's of life pavilion to Disney Unity.

Q1) This will contain education activities for kids of all ages to learn about the medical world.

Q2) Cranium Command Join Buzzy in this new interactive show that has families entering the mind of young teenager as they try to make it through their normal day. Hilarity ensues as Buzzy fall's in loves and try to woo the girl of his dreams.

Q3) Body Wars Join doctors int his new technology that allows to many to take the war against injuries to the front line as you try to save a patient who was injured in a soccer injury.

World of Technology
This building stands as a living dedication to Horizons at Walt Disney World's Epcot. The building shares its design with the original Horizons.

S1) Derezzed Digitize yourself and join Tron on his light cycle. Two dualling cycle coaster that light up Orange and Blue will be stored in this building. It will be a race to see who wins and get derezzed.
motorcycle-shaped-launch-roller-coaster-big.jpg

S2) See how technology works in this interactive center. Families will get a hands on experience with up and coming technology to see how it can improve their lives.

Test Track
Larger then its Walt Disney World's counter part this Circular building will house Test Track.

T1) Test Track Journey into the world of Test Track, Guest will get the once and a chance life time to design their dream cars before testing them out on the open road. Each experience will be different in how the ride handles. If everyone guest in that vehicle designs around speed then the straight a ways will be the fastest of any ride through, but if it the average/focus is around handling guest will experience fast and speedy turns where other may get slower turns.

Journey into Imagination
The dual pyramid design stands at the front of this classic with a twist.

U1)Journey into Imagination with Figment Join Figment into this journey of the senses and what imagination can do to help. Figment takes guest on all sorts of wondrous adventures, turntables included.

U2) ImaginationWorks This interactive exhibit will have kids and parents running through the rainbow tunnel into exhibits of lights and sounds toying with the mind.

U3)This restaurant is very similar to the Animator Palate on the Disney Cruise where the Imagination goes will during the meal and black and white walls turn to color.

River Cruise
Join captains from around the world as they pilot their craft not only around World Lagoon but down the World Showcase Rivers to get a different look of the countries from around the world. View's not seen anywhere else include the Mexican Pyramids (M2), A Norwegian cave, and a few other surprises.

Unity Fountain
This fountain in the middle of Future World will be one of the largest dancing fountains ever build preforming show randomly through out the day as to surprise guest who won't be expecting it. Color and sound will be used to enhance the shows that guest witness.

World Lagoon
The World Show case is built around World Lagoon which not only provides a focus point for the World Showcase but serves as a focus point for the night time Show Unity. Unity is a night time spectacular that uses laser, lights, fireworks, water and many other technologies to tell it's story. The highlight of the show is when Unity Sphere(Space Ship Earth) is use as one of the larger screens on Earth.

Wedding Pavilions
Have the chance to say I Do in one of Disney Unity's various Wedding Pavilions. Say I do along side George Washington, or on top of an Aztec Temple or even at the center of Stonehenge. If guest want a truly Magical experience they can get married at W1 with Space Ship Earth (Unity Sphere) behind them.

tcool123

Snape's Best Memory - For Ravenclaw!

I will battle my horrid memory, and retrieve one to share with you all....

maxresdefault.jpg

So it was tough call to name my favorite project I have done in competitions. On one hand there's the Sinbad project done with the original Team Sea from SAS2, which was my first project. Then there's Buccaneer's Cove, but I couldn't say that was my favorite because I can't go back and read it, but I don't think I contributed that much. Toontown from the TSIS1 was fun, but I don't like half of my project anymore. Rocksburgh from SAS3 was really great, and is probably my second/third favorite project along with Toontown. Then the park me and space primarily worked on in SAS3 was fun, but the rides and choices I made of some areas prevents me from placing it in the top 3. This leaves only two projects that are the most memorable to me, Illuminsence from Elite Eight 2015, and my favorite project is from the creator games, but the links in the appendix aren't working so it took me a while to find it, but it is from The Creator's Game.
Session 7 Concept Creation Challenge: Tomorrowland 2055

For Session 7 we were tasked with redesigning Tomorrowland. In this session everyone was assigned a budget to work with, and what the price of everything would be. Due to the win of Team California in the last Concept Creation Challenge I was able to receive an extra 100 million to work with. Then came the Sorcerer's Hat from @TheOriginalTiki . He allowed me to earn another extra 100 million to work with. In total I had the budget of 600 million at my disposal, and it was used to redesign the majority of Tomorrowland.

I have split my Tomorrowland proposal into 2 different segments. The first being the advertisement for it throughout Walt Disney World. The second being the actual proposal. So now I invite you to relax, enjoy, and read my Tomorrowland project.

http://tomorrowland2055.blogspot.com/

That's right it's the Tomorrowland 2055 challenge! Blood, rage, tears went into this project. From creating the ABC News blog inspired by what Tiki did for his Dreamworks Universal Waterpark to the website I built on a Windows XP, that has major lag it was a feat like no other. It unified all of Tomorrowland under one backstory, and created some new exciting rides. I spent whole days working on this project basically renovating everything.
I also think this may have been the most annoying project for the judges. The reason was that every day I had about 1 - 20 new questions on it. Ranging from me trying to get 20K to cost less to adding a lot of free things such as a meet and greet with Milo from Tomorrowland. Of course I was able to get two free things out of it all PUSH and the demo of the Incredibles stage.
I also had plenty of things that were left undone to the budget placed by Space. For example I couldn't rip out the People mover track, and replace it with a suspended monorail whose walls and floor were made with reinforced glass to really recreate the Hoverrail from the film. The other major thing was that I was going to was to complete gut COP, and build all new scenes saddly I ran out of money in my budget, but I was able to include a refurbishment for Auntie Gavity's which was my priority of course. Sadly the Lunching Pad was the only restaurant that remained unchanged due to the budget. It was going to feature jetpacks, and stuff it would've been so cool. But that's okay I was able to get Beverly to be sold in the park! :devilish:
One last thing if you made it this far through my Tomorrowland essay then I'll provide you with some material that the judges suggested to be cut from the final post.
http://takemetotomorrowland.com/

I definitely suggest reading my Tomorrowland post for the TCG if you haven't already, and if you have the time press the link. Unless you haven't watched Tomorrowland yet, I suggest you skip the backstory and Athena's corner and the Hover Rail, and any of the stores, an The Hall of Plus Ultra. I don't think anything else contains spoilers though :p

Poe Dameron

Room of Requirement: Ravenclaw Submission
wishes-nighttime-spectacular-05.jpg

Fantasia Skies

An all-new fireworks show for the Magic Kingdom coming in 2021, Fantasia Skies will synchronize to the musical from Disney's Fantasia, with digital projections, lights, and of course, fireworks. The dazziling display of pyrotechnics will light up the night sky with a visual display unlike any fireworks show before it.

wishes-fireworks-21.jpg

The show will follow the plot of Fantasia, and use some of its most memorable scenes as a backdrop, such as the Sorcerer's Hat scene and Bald Mountain. The classical music will be something different for the Magic Kingdom, which has relied on more well known Disney songs mashed together for one fireworks show. This Fantasia Skies show will actually be a cohesive tale and be a 'can't miss' fireworks spectacular.

IAmNotAHufflepuff

Year Five - The Room of Requirement
enhanced-buzz-wide-32361-1418316972-10.jpg

In Hogwarts, the Room of Requirement appears when something is in need, and will hold what the student requires to accomplish their task.

For the House Cup in Year Five, we will be traveling to the Room of Requirement for a bonus challenge! What is the challenge? Well...anything you desire!

Yes, for the Room of Requirement challenge, you pick your own topic and write a minimum of 5 sentences about it.:D It can be on anything you want; Disney, Universal, Sea World, parks, resorts, everything is on the table!

You'll receive 15 House Points per submission and there is a maximum of 4 submissions per House.

This challenge will be due Monday June 13th at 11:59 PM EST!

Have fun!:)

THE ROOM OF REQUIREMENT- FOR SLYTHERIN!

6687014_orig.jpg

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom has grown over the past few years, including the implementation of many new DC Comics themed attractions.

To cap off the area, I would really like to see a new roller coaster come to the area to beef up the parks ride count. Instead of the typical Batman: The Ride or Green Lantern 4D, I would like to do something a bit different...
article-2653774-1EA1233A00000578-760_634x411.jpg

Replacing the Thunder Road Speedway will be a unique, innovate coaster similar to the tower coaster in the Orlando area (pictured above). We present... Lex Luthor's Power Tower.

Themed to one of Lex Luthor's latest designs to bring an end to Superman, guests board testing vehicles designed to use motion to power up a large chunk of Kyrptonite (a set piece seen at the bottom of the tower.). After sumitting a 190 vertical lift hill up the side of the tower, we drop and race through green colored tracks. With six inversions going down the tower, the ride will prove to be maybe the most thrilling in Six Flag's library.

With Lex Luthor's Power Tower, the foundation to a DC themed area is constructed as well as replacing an outdated go-kart ride with a state of the art experience.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom