The House Cup: An Imagineering Competition - Discussion Thread

MonorailRed

Applebees
Imagineering Question of The Day
This is a rather special question, because this is just Part 1; Part 2 comes tomorrow.
2020 is Universal Orlando Resort's 30th anniversary; and Islands of Adventure's 21th anniversary. It is also Marvel's last year on Universal Resorts; being that Disney has the rights to Marvel. What would you consider to be the best replacement theme for Marvel Superhero Island?

giphy.gif

Jack Pumpkinhead

I think it will be bigger that Uni will be looking to open a 3rd gate around that day. ;)
I know that but I didn't mention the third gate or any of Universal's expansions. However, I will say that this is set one year after Universal's third park, and now all of Universal will get improvements and fixtures; as well as some removals (I'm looking at you Woody Woodpecker's Kid Zone). This is when Universal has announced a BlueSky project to remove all Marvel. So if you were the head of Universal Creative, what would your choice be for a replacement theme (Nintendo would not count since that is a video game and not something that would fit in IOA like Dr. Seuss or Jurassic Park/World).

Jack Pumpkinhead

You're thinking of it far too literally.

Or, of course, simply don't recognize the art in video games. Not to make bold assumptions, of course.
I may not be a big video game person, but I do know for a fact that video games differ from what Islands of Adventure or Universal Studios because you play as the characters; you decide what happens and how; though stories may have been thought out before the game's release you decide how the events play out.

JokersWild

I may not be a big video game person, but I do know for a fact that video games differ from what Islands of Adventure or Universal Studios because you play as the characters; you decide what happens and how; though stories may have been thought out before the game's release you decide how the events play out.
Just because video games have some semblance of choice (though many video games are very linear and still bound by the limits of its' story) doesn't mean it doesn't fit in IoA. It's fantastic locales and iconic characters makes them fit perfectly within the park, I feel. Though they may not be based off of literature, they certainly fit the storytelling of the park.

Jack Pumpkinhead

Just because video games have some semblance of choice (though many video games are very linear and still bound by the limits of its' story) doesn't mean it doesn't fit in IoA. It's fantastic locales and iconic characters makes them fit perfectly within the park, I feel. Though they may not be based off of literature, they certainly fit the storytelling of the park.
https://www.universalorlando.com/Theme-Parks/Islands-of-Adventure.aspx
Baa baa black sheep....

JokersWild

I'm not entirely sure what you're talking about. If you're trying to point out that the website says "...and interactive attractions bring your favorite stories, myths, cartoons, comic book heroes and children's tales to life." that doesn't really prove your point because they mention those specific things because those are literally what the lands are. It's less of a mission statement for the park and more explaining what the park currently has....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom