The Hersheypark Thread

Deadman

Original Poster
source: Screamscape

One big 2010 Rumor has come back into play from last season, which is the rumored addition of two new waterslides to the Coastline Plunge tower. The tower currently features four major slides that run off into two different splashdown pools, but it has long been noticed that they seemed to have left room to add one or two more slides to these pools. Could 2010 be the year? One of our sources sure thinks so. In addition to this, there are also the reoccurring rumors that the park may be ready to finally add a real drop tower ride next year, or possibly a couple of new flat rides. These could all be options to choose from for next season... or pieces of a larger expansion plan. More as we find out.

Mukta

The first coaster I ever went on was the Comet when I was 6 years old. I loved Hersheypark, but I haven't been in years.

DisJosh

My first "monorail" ride was at Hershey Park. Not sure they still even have that. I haven't been there since I was 7 or 8. I do love the tour like ride they have. I recall a trolly tour of other areas of the property as well. Might be worth a trip again some day! :)

EPCOT.nut

Awesome thread! I first cursed in front of my Dad at Hershey Park on a ride. I think I was 10 years old....LOL....and he was angry at first but I didn't care. I let those words fly loud and clear and I think he got to the point where it was funny. He didn't say anything when we got off the ride....but it's still :ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:today.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Woo! I found my thread from years ago lol. I havent been here in so long, i didnt think it would still exist.

2015 - Laff Trakk - (5/29/15)
In The Loop has posted a video look at Hersheypark’s new Laff Trakk coaster, which includes some video footage shot on the ride. Check it out.

BuddyThomas

I'm sad that this thread has only had 350 views since 2009. Clearly, the members here don't care, but it actually happens to be a very cool park. Not anything close to Disney, but cool all the same.

trr1

I'm sad that this thread has only had 350 views since 2009. Clearly, the members here don't care, but it actually happens to be a very cool park. Not anything close to Disney, but cool all the same.
both Hershey and Dorney park are near me about 1 1/2 hour drive I go to both

matt78

both Hershey and Dorney park are near me about 1 1/2 hour drive I go to both

You don't live that far from me then. I'm about a 1/2 hour from Hershey. Have you ever gone to Knoeble's? We like to go camping there. That's also a nice little park to visit.

trr1

You don't live that far from me then. I'm about a 1/2 hour from Hershey. Have you ever gone to Knoeble's? We like to go camping there. That's also a nice little park to visit.
never been to Knobles My sister used to live in Elysburg for a few years . I have lived in Chester County all my life
we used to go to sunset park until it closed in 1995 we also went to Ontelaunee Park which was sold in 1966, to Shorty Long, who ran a country-western bandstand. Sally Starr bought the park and then Big John, and then the era of Ontelaunee Park came to an end.

matt78

never been to Knobles My sister used to live in Elysburg for a few years . I have lived in Chester County all my life
we used to go to sunset park until it closed in 1995 we also went to Ontelaunee Park which was sold in 1966, to Shorty Long, who ran a country-western bandstand. Sally Starr bought the park and then Big John, and then the era of Ontelaunee Park came to an end.

You should give Knoeble's a chance sometime. They still have free parking and you don't have to pay to get in. You pay per ride so the day can be as cheap or expensive as you want.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Hersheypark 'Dropping' New Hints for 2017 Attraction
http://newsplusnotes.blogspot.com/2016/07/hersheypark-dropping-new-hints-for-2017.html

The first "official" clue about Hersheypark's 2017 attraction was released on social media this past week, a short video that says they are "unwrapping" their newest ride. The video shows plenty of Hershey candies being unwrapped... but not much else. Other than serving as an opening to the series of weekly clues, I'm not seeing much noteworthy here.

However, the first clue also coincides with a new website for the 2017 teasers with a bit more of a clue. That site features this phrase: "Chocolate covers every side."

In our initial post about the new teasers I mentioned that perhaps we're going to finally see a drop ride at the park, and now I'm thinking I was on to something. Firstly, there's one ride at the park that already has chocolate covering all sides, and that is the park's Kissing Tower.

Here's the description for the observation tower from the park's website:

Screen%2Bshot%2B2016-07-02%2Bat%2B6.22.40%2BPM.png

The tower already has Hershey's Kisses surrounding the ride cabin and also at the top for decoration (reference above image). How's that for chocolate on all sides?

Now I can't put my finger on where the rumor started, but I believe some years ago it fluttered around online that the park might try to retire the observation aspect of the Kissing Tower and make it into a free fall. Well, not only would that conversion make height restrictions pretty simple, since the 250 foot tall tower already exists, but I would imagine that it would offer a financial benefit to the park, too.

Screen%2Bshot%2B2016-07-02%2Bat%2B6.28.11%2BPM.png

Next piece of the puzzle - the above screen shot is of the contest entry section of the 2017 teaser website. Is it just a coincidence that the background image is a view from way high up above the clouds? Probably not.

Finally, Screamscape shared a detail about the press invitation to the ride announcement, which is called "Thrill on the Hill." If you look close at Hersheypark's website for the Kissing Tower, it specifically says the ride is located in the "Kissing Tower Hill" park region. Seems to be another connection.

We have at least three more clues before the announcement, which will take place on August 2nd at 11 am. Hang tight!

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru

2020 - ChocolateTown / New Coaster - (6/16/19) New pictures from the B&M Track plant taken last week show more of the chocolate brown track in place that we all assume is for the new Hersheypark 2020 coaster with the label “MCR” on them. Also onsite is a new batch blue painted track labeled MCT which could possibly be for whatever Kings Island is cooking up in 2020.

All sources are Screamscape unless otherwise stated.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom