The Harmony Barber Shop at the Magic Kingdom closing for refurbishment in early 2015

aladdin2007

It's funny, after decades of visiting WDW and being in the parks countless times - there are still places I've never been in. One of these days I'll have to check it out (before it's too late).

Same here lol I have never been in there. Why do I have a feeling though it wont return as a barber shop. Anyone know if its usually pretty busy or?

roj2323

Hopefully they make it a bit bigger. I love getting my hair cut there but it is sometimes difficult with the limited number for chairs available.

novawildcat18

I really hope it re-opens since it's the only place I've ever gotten my haircut since living in Orlando. The environment is great, the cast members are nice, and maybe you'll even get to watch some of the parade while sitting down.

kaelynj1s

So glad I scheduled my son's very first haircut during the last week of January! DH and I have been looking forward to this day for a while. :) We have never stepped foot in there either! I've heard nothing but good things about the experience.

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
I got my hair cut there on my Birthday each year, coloring with mickey heads and all! I hope they make it bigger for sure!

s8film40

Guess I'm going to have to carefully plan my haircuts around this, two months is usually about as long as I can go.

danv3

I hope it re-opens. I can see the TDO bean-counters getting twitchy spreadsheet fingers at the thought of that space that could be turned into another generic merch store.

I don't know what kind of $$$ the shop makes, but I'm guessing it's less profitable per square foot than a merchandise location. I've always thought it was a risk to disappear one day. It's exactly the kind of "little thing" that seems to go away in today's WDW.

I certainly hope I'm wrong.

kaelynj1s

What kind of renovations would the barber shop need? Fresh paint? New chairs, shelves, and fixtures? I've never set foot in there so I don't know. When was the last time it closed for refurbishment? I hope Disney doesn't permanently close it.

SJFPKT

I hope it opens back up. My kids first haircut was there. I have know plenty of people who have gotten their kids first haircuts there too. Hoping one day that my son will get his child's first hair cut there.

MeffysMom

We love the Harmony Barber Shop! Our daughter had her first haircut there in 2006, and she still refuses to have her hair cut anywhere else!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom