1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

The Hall of Presidents set for a near 6 month refurbishment

Discussion in 'Politics and Social Issues' started by wdwmagic, Apr 25, 2017.

1. larryz

larryz Well-Known Member

That's the solution, just like in HM -- put up blank busts and use film or animation to provide the movement. And it has the added advantage of being easily overlaid with a "Ghosts of the Presidents" theme for Halloween.

Sir_Cliff and CanadianGordon like this.
  2. larryz

larryz Well-Known Member

Bill Clinton
    "My fellow citizens, we are the heirs of the great American Revolution. As this millennium draw to a close and the 21st century approaches, let us pause to honor the very idea of America. America bears the world's diversity, yet it remains united in it's struggle to uphold fundamental freedoms. We believe our nation's habit (?) happiness still evolves from liberty, from opportunity, and from the vision of equality set forward by our country's Declaration of Independence. And today our nation stands as an ensemble(?) symbol of freedom and inspiration to people all around the world.

There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be cured by what is right with America. And there is nothing wrong with the world that cannot be cured by the ideals that America represents. Those principles have no worry(?) borders. And we look forward to a day when those principles, extended beyond our borders, will have circled the globe. The quest for democracy must continue until all the people in the world can enjoy the freedom we must always fight to preserve. The spirit of America is as bright and hopeful as it was in July of 1776, and we are ready to carry our great national experiment forward into the next millennium."

Princess Leia likes this.
  3. Princess Leia

Princess Leia Well-Known Member

Thanks! I'll fix it :)

larryz likes this.
  4. The Mom

The Mom Moderator Premium Member

For the last time, there is a "shadow" thread in the political sub-forum about this topic. Please take any remarks that could possibly be interpreted as being political there.

Last edited: May 9, 2017
  5. Jim S

Jim S Active Member

I have always found people respectful of our current presidents. If you can't show some class and consideration for other guests and can't avoid rude or boorish behavior, then do not go to the HOP.

21stamps likes this.
  6. montyz81

montyz81 Well-Known Member

Do you have to be a premium member to see this shadow thread?

7. JoeCamel

JoeCamel Well-Known Member

8. Princess Leia

Actually there are a couple of them.

9. Texas84

Texas84 DVC Fan Boy Premium Member

Don't click that link. You've been warned.

Kevin_W and DisneyRoy like this.
  10. Goofnut1980

Goofnut1980 Well-Known Member

I am really intrigued to see what they come up with. Not sure I will visit it, but I will watch online. That's all.

11. Magicart87

Magicart87 Well-Known Member

I'll probably get flak for saying this (even I'm torn on this hypothetical stance) but wouldn't it make sense in this increasingly hostile political climate to revert or downgrade the Hall of Presidents to include JUST the big guns and not every American president?

It goes against Walt's original vision (for WDW) but in doing so the Hall of Presidents show would be better keep in check and easier to maintain. The show would be politically neutral, it would limit the jeers and cheers from crowds and most importantly not require Disney to make new AA figures every term. The shows focus would be simplified and in turn might make the overall message stronger. Would it be better if the Hall of Presidents were just retooled with the focus being on the Founding Fathers, Lincoln and the Pursuit of Liberty?

I'm talking a "less is more" overhaul but with better AAs. Thoughts?

Would doing this be too controversial? Would the super purists disagree with retooling the show in that direction? It's not likely to happen in any case; just figured I'd throw the hypothetical out there to see what you guys think.

Last edited: May 15, 2017
    brb1006, MarkTwain and SteveAZee like this.
  12. Bocabear

Bocabear Well-Known Member

It was originally envisioned with just Lincoln speaking...no more.
    Over the years things changed...
    With the hostile political climate, I think it is indeed time for it to go back to it's original dignified show...
    Not sure why they started with Clinton, then passed it to Bush...I get Obama being the first African American president and it's historical precedence, but now I think it should return to the original thought..
    Just Lincoln ot Lincoln and Washington...

Kram Sacul, brb1006, George and 9 others like this.
  13. montyz81

montyz81 Well-Known Member

What is the opening date of the HoP? I skimmed, didn't read everything, to find out. Sorry.

14. insert name here

insert name here Well-Known Member

4th of July weekend I believe.

15. Princess Leia

June 29th (which is the Thursday before 4th of July)

JoeCamel likes this.
  16. JLipnick

JLipnick Well-Known Member

As much of a dislike as I have for the current president, I love the show and would never ruin the experience for anyone else. If you can't just appreciate the show due to political views, then don't see it. I would hate for WDW to change the attraction due to inconsiderate guests. I also like my kids to see it as it is very important to understand the history of our country, both the good times and the bad.

17. Magicart87

Magicart87 Well-Known Member

A Hall of Presidents show can proceed without every president under the sun.

18. The Mom

The Mom Moderator Premium Member

There is a thread in the political forum about this topic; please take any political discussion there. Thank you.

19. lentesta

lentesta Premium Member

God forbid there should be, say, a small water leak inside the HOP building that would push the opening date back a few months, buying Disney time to see how this might be resolved. I'm just sayin'.

20. MansionButler84

MansionButler84 Premium Member

To be fair, is it political discussion when rumors surface that the current POTUS will no longer speak in HoP due to inability to coordinate between WDI and the White House? That seems like WDW Parks News & Rumors to me. it's a better-sourced rumor than some of the rubbish that appears around these parts. I'm curious to see how they deal with this update.