1. The new WDWMAGIC app for iPhone and iPad is now available on the App Store.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

The Hall of Presidents set for a near 6 month refurbishment

Discussion in 'WDW Parks News, Rumors and Current Events' started by wdwmagic, Apr 25, 2017.

1. wdwmagic

wdwmagic Administrator Moderator

The Hall of Presidents set for a near 6 month refurbishment

The original thread is located at the link below, but has largely become political discussion.
    http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...l-is-closing-for-a-long-refurbishment.920121/

The original thread will be moved to the Politics forum, where you can continue to post if you wish.

This thread is specifically for discussion of the attraction only. No politics please. Anything political will be deleted from this thread, and you will be prevented from taking further part.

2. seascape

seascape Well-Known Member

Good move. Now to an important issue, how is the upsate going and will it open before July.

FigmentFan3 likes this.
  3. TJ Vazquez

TJ Vazquez Well-Known Member

I really looking forward to seeing if they end up changing any other elements of the show or rearrange any of the presidents. I love how much they seem to value this attraction even though 50% of the people to watch it are probably bored out of their minds.

Kram Sacul and Princess Leia like this.
  4. KrzyKtty

KrzyKtty Well-Known Member

Back on point though, and this may have been answered on the last thread, but is 6 months an average closure for when the president's change? Or is the long time frame due to some more major restoration/work?

5. KrzyKtty

KrzyKtty Well-Known Member

NM. My computer stopped being slow and finally opened the article and I see that it answered my question. :facepalm::oops:

6. RandomPrincess

RandomPrincess Keep Moving Forward Premium Member

We haven't seen any info from Disney about this have we? When did they start pushing out info on the last presidents? No sneak peek at the animatronic etc.

CanadianGordon likes this.
  7. Princess Leia

Princess Leia Well-Known Member

Obama recorded his part on March 9th, 2009. I'm not sure if that was public knowledge at the time though (I haven't been able to find any articles about it).
    On June 29th, 2009, HoP opened for a passholder preview. http://www.disunplugged.com/2009/06/29/new-and-improved-hall-of-presidents-wdw-magic-kingdom/
    It didn't officially re-open until the 4th of July weekend. http://www.cnn.com/2009/TRAVEL/07/03/obama.disney/index.html?iref=nextin

RandomPrincess likes this.
  8. Chef Mickey

Chef Mickey Well-Known Member

The Hall of Presidents is one of my favorite shows at Disney...always has been..

Believe me, I am making it a huge priority to see this after Disney does a tremendous job.

9. righttrack

righttrack Well-Known Member

Last time was a major rework. I guess the question is will this be, or will just the new elements be grafted on. It's always been one of my favorite attractions. The muppets outside I hope stay, because this is just a fun use of the space.

egg likes this.
  10. egg

egg Well-Known Member

Getting the animatronic right has to be challenging. I feel like Obama's doesn't even have enough energy and "oomph" to almost accurately represent him. If this animatronic is no more energetic and mobile than Obama's, I feel like it won't resemble Trump well at all.

On top of that, they have to get at least some of the many mannerisms right.

Whether due to budget or technological limitations, or both, I feel like they will inevitably fall short. Interested to see how it turns out though.

I suspect this will be a relatively low-key reopening. No sneak previews, no other significant changes to the attraction, maybe even no invited media. Just, doors open one day, and business continues as usual. Not just because this election was particularly divisive, but because Pandora will still be their focus.

Nick Pappagiorgio and MarkTwain like this.
  11. EricsBiscuit

EricsBiscuit Well-Known Member

I heard CMs speculate an entire new show while talking to an engineer on the LB.

12. righttrack

righttrack Well-Known Member

I like the focus on the Constitution that the current exhibit has. I hope that part will remain.

13. Beacon Joe

Beacon Joe Active Member

I've heard that the new AA is so HIGH ENERGY that it was drawing too much power. :D

Any word on an opening date?

rodserling27, Sierrakilo85 and egg like this.
  14. DoleWhipperSnapper

DoleWhipperSnapper Active Member

I do think adding Sam Eagle and the Muppets outside will drum up interest in the show once it re-opens. It is just a fun little add on and should be kept once it opens.

larryz, fractal and Sneezy62 like this.
  15. disney4life2008

disney4life2008 Well-Known Member

I love Hall of Presidents

Princess Leia likes this.
  16. egg

egg Well-Known Member

Considering the refurb is scheduled to end on June 29, it should re-open on June 30th.

Considering the Great Moments in History show began before the HoP closed for refurb, I think it will continue after the HoP re-opens. Or at least I hope it will.

17. Soarin' Over Pgh

Soarin' Over Pgh Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if the display cases in the holding area change or does it remain the same... Artifacts? Items? Not sure the proper term.

18. larryz

larryz Well-Known Member

Did they upgrade all the AA's during the last refurb? If not, this would be a great opportunity to do so. And maybe use some of that autonomous AA capability to give us a walking president...

19. Animaniac93-98

Animaniac93-98 Well-Known Member

They were never in the lobby before the 2008 refurb, so there's no precedent set for whether or not they'll be changed at all.

The only replacement AAs in '08 were Lincoln and Washington. The last full cast update was for the 1993 refurb. They might have had their skins replaced though?

Most of the Presidents don't move too much. I don't think it's really necessary to replace them all with newer figures if they're just going to nod/turn their heads/blink etc.

20. wdwgreek

wdwgreek Well-Known Member

See the first post on the thread!
    I'm super curious about three points, new narrator? New script? speaking trump? Those are my three burning questions! The insiders seem pretty mum with details or relativity. It was pretty hard to scroll through the rubbish on the old thread to get answers.

FigmentFan3 and Baby Groot like this.