The GrinchyList....Your Least Favorite Christmas Stuff

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
I see there is a thread about Favorite Christmas movies and songs how about a least favorite of these....

Movie: A Christmas Story

Song: What Child is This

TV Show: How the Grinch Stole Christmas

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
Opps, I just noticed I typed Grichy in my title I meant Grinchy! Oh well, hopefully people know what I mean. :(;)

Now I realized I could fix the title so I did. I'm such a goof. Wish I could blame it on eggnog, but I hate that stuff!

rsoxguy

I can't stand the film "White Christmas". The cheap studio war scene, the contrived romance between Bing and Rosemary, the song about the general, blah blah blah...

It's like nails on a chalkboard.

eeyoremum

A christmas story (glad I'm not the only one)

Santa baby (sorry but it sounds slutty to me, can I say that on a family board?)

Rudolph the read nose reindeer (Santa is mean, the elf and Rudolph whines too much)

acishere

Movie: This thing with Ben Affleck and James Gandolfini that I forget the name of.

Song: Christmas Shoes. The only good thing about the song is it created a funny Patton Oswalt routine where he trashes it.

TV Special: Nestor the Donkey.

BuddyThomas

Wow, rough crowd. I don't know how anyone hates A Christmas Story, Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, and How the Grinch Stole Christmas, but to each grinch his own, I guess. Here's my list:

I hate:

That decorations were up in stores in NYC before Halloween.

That there are so many tourists clogging the streets of Manhattan right now, usually traveling in packs of 20 or more that I practically need to hire a bulldozer to drive me through the crowd so I can get to work on time.

That it will take until the end of February to dig my way out of the mountain of debt I am about to incur.

That egg nog has so many calories and fat that I might as well slather it directly onto my belly. Speaking of which -

That it will take me half of 2015 to lift and run the holiday pounds off.

That everyone loves putting up the Christmas tree but I and I alone get stuck taking it down.

That Disney is so crowded at this time of year, I'll never be able to see it.

That I spent most Christmases in my 20's waiting on tables in various questionable establishments. Trust me, you don't want to see the crowd who comes to Denny's on Christmas Eve during the 11PM - 7AM shift.

That the inside of Macy's in Herald Square currently has as least as many people in it as Times Square on New Years Eve. If you ate longing to be crushed to death by insane mobs, this is the place for you.

That as of this moment, there is a major storm set to hit my area.....on Christmas Eve.

That two years ago, I got a Wolfgang Puck electric grill for Christmas and I still have not taken it out of the box.....and now that I use it as a place to toss my mail when I come home from work , I probably never will.

That Sony insanely bowed to the demands of terrorists and cancelled the release of The Interview on Christmas Day. Ahhhhhhhhh, yes. We will not bow to the demands of terrorists.....except when they don't like one of our movies in which case we fold like a cheap beach chair.

And fruit cake. Did I say fruitcake?

And most of all, I hate that I actually love Christmas so much that all of the above complaints are completely meaningless. Except the Sony thing. That truly sucks. I'm going to have to send North Korea a fruit cake.

Merry Christmas!!!

Last edited:

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Wow, rough crowd. I don't know how anyone hates A Christmas Story, Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, and How the Grinch Stole Christmas, but to each grinch his own, I guess. Here's my list:

I hate:

That decorations were up in stores in NYC before Halloween.

That there are so many tourists clogging the streets of Manhattan right now, usually traveling in packs of 20 or more that I practically need to hire a bulldozer to drive me through the crowd so I can get to work on time.

That it will take until the end of February to dig my way out of the mountain of debt I am about to incur.

That egg nog has so many calories and fat that I might as well slather it directly onto my belly. Speaking of which -

That it will take me half of 2015 to lift and run the holiday pounds off.

That everyone loves putting up the Christmas tree but I and I alone get stuck taking it down.

That Disney is so crowded at this time of year, I'll never be able to see it.

That I spent most Christmases in my 20's waiting on tables in various questionable establishments. Trust me, you don't want to see the crowd who comes to Denny's on Christmas Eve during the 11PM - 7AM shift.

That the inside of Macy's in Herald Square currently has as least as many people in it as Times Square on New Years Eve. If you ate longing to be crushed to death by insane mobs, this is the place for you.

That as of this moment, there is a major storm set to hit my area.....on Christmas Eve.

That two years ago, I got a Wolfgang Puck electric grill for Christmas and I still have not taken it out of the box.....and now that I use it as a place to toss my mail when I come home from work , I probably never will.

That Sony insanely bowed to the demands of terrorists and cancelled the release of The Interview on Christmas Day. Ahhhhhhhhh, yes. We will not bow to the demands of terrorists.....except when they don't like one of our movies in which case we fold like a cheap beach chair.

And fruit cake. Did I say fruitcake?

And most of all, I hate that I actually love Christmas so much that all of the above complaints are completely meaningless. Except the Sony thing. That truly sucks. I'm going to have to send North Korea a fruit cake.

Merry Christmas!!!
Thank you for sharing ... I am :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Christmas is depressing and exhausting.
I'm sorry you feel this way. The exhausting thing is a given, but I hope you can find one little glimmer somewhere that makes you feel less depressed.

I'm always a little sad at Christmas now that my parents are gone, but I just dig a little deeper and enjoy the wonderful memories they created - first for us as kids, and then for their grandchildren.

R W B

I personally love everything about the holiday season except for the fact I don't have enough income (yet) to do everything I want.

USA today or one of those media outlets did a story on what was the most hated gift to receive and the top answer was hard liquor gift sets

Christmas is depressing and exhausting.
My mom feels this same way, as a kid she never showed it but now that all us "kids" are adults she lets it show. She married my father on Xmas eve in the late 70s but they divorced in the mid 90s, mom never got over him so this season brings her down. That's what grand kids are for though lol.

officialtom

I love Christmas, but ...

Movie: Christmas Shoes and Elf

Song: 12 Days of Christmas

TV Show: Dare I say the Charlie Brown Christmas special?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
There is only one thing that I really dislike about Christmas and it is the imaginary "War on Christmas" crowd.

If you truly get bent out of shape when someone tells you "Happy Holidays", or any other greeting including 'Merry Christmas" you really need to evaluate your priorities.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom