The greatest tv series ever is without doubt ...............

mergatroid

Original Poster
Seriously, this computerized censorship is getting beyond annoying. It's someones name, it's not a dirty word unless the person reading it has their mind deep in a gutter. If censorship is going to exist, at least have it checked by a human that can understand the difference between a name or a swear word. Have we not advanced as a society at all?

I agree it's a load of ******* **** isn't it you ******* **** ******* and don't even get me started on the ******* ******* the ******* ******* :mad:

Goofyernmost

Here's their "dress code" - it's pretty lenient...

Dress Code
At this signature dining experience, Guests are asked to adhere to the dress code.
Men may wear khakis, slacks, jeans or dress shorts and collared shirts. Sport coats are optional.
Women may wear Capri pants, skirts, dresses, jeans or dress shorts.
Not permitted are tank tops, swimsuits, swimsuit cover-ups, hats for gentlemen, cut-offs, torn clothing and t-shirts with offensive language and/or graphics.
By the way it is worded, the first part is completely made irrelevant by the second part. The second part list the things that are not permitted so all else would be open for interpretation. If they don't at least enforce the second part, they might just as well throw the whole thing out the window. Part one is really nothing more then a suggestion.

Matt7187

Drama- Law and Order (The ORIGINAL!!)
Comedy- The Office (Season 8 and parts of 9 don't exist)/Parks and Rec/Arrested Development (Season 4 doesn't exist)/How I Met Your Mother (The last 5 minutes do not exist)

Lucky

By the way it is worded, the first part is completely made irrelevant by the second part. The second part list the things that are not permitted so all else would be open for interpretation. If they don't at least enforce the second part, they might just as well throw the whole thing out the window. Part one is really nothing more then a suggestion.
Um, yeah, that sounds like an interesting show...;)

John

All the shows mentioned are very good shows. We could go on forever trying to decide what shoe was "best" But when I think of the "best" you have to go with a show that was in Americas vernacular. As much as I like "The Wire"
"House of Cards" is right up there. But these I would not consider the "Best". I am thinking "All in The Family" ...."MASH" My all time childhood favorite was "Dennis the Menace" I honestly feel sorry for some of the young people who will probably never see some of these shows. They truly are missing some of the "Best" TV shows ever. I could go really back with "Combat" "Gunsmoke" How about Don Kirshners Saturday Night Rock Concert...HAHA Who can remember those days? "Bonanza" Heck no one mentioned "The Flintstones" and lastly in honor of Disney.......Daniel Boone with Fess Parker.

prberk

All the shows mentioned are very good shows. We could go on forever trying to decide what shoe was "best" But when I think of the "best" you have to go with a show that was in Americas vernacular. As much as I like "The Wire"
"House of Cards" is right up there. But these I would not consider the "Best". I am thinking "All in The Family" ...."MASH" My all time childhood favorite was "Dennis the Menace" I honestly feel sorry for some of the young people who will probably never see some of these shows. They truly are missing some of the "Best" TV shows ever. I could go really back with "Combat" "Gunsmoke" How about Don Kirshners Saturday Night Rock Concert...HAHA Who can remember those days? "Bonanza" Heck no one mentioned "The Flintstones" and lastly in honor of Disney.......Daniel Boone with Fess Parker.

Your argument about the kids never seeing the classics mirrors our other arguments on other threads about the current "Disney" channel never running real classic Disney. Sigh.

Anyway, that reminds me to consider "Disneyland/Walt Disney Presents/Walt Disney's World of Color/Wonderful World of Disney" (all the same show, with name and network changes through the years). That show was a showcase for so many things, including Disneyland itself, that it should be considered. Not sure it was consistently "the best," but it clearly had an impact on America. It was appointment viewing for many, and made Disneyland a household name.

But as for sitcoms, I still say that "Leave it to Beaver" (suburban family) and "Andy Griffith" (more rural) are the reference standards.

PUSH

Drama- Law and Order (The ORIGINAL!!)
Comedy- The Office (Season 8 and parts of 9 don't exist)/Parks and Rec/Arrested Development (Season 4 doesn't exist)/How I Met Your Mother (The last 5 minutes do not exist)
As far as I'm concerned the entire last season of HIMYM doesn't exist. Every episode was a filler until the finale, which sucked itself.

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
I enjoy a number of things on TV now and have for the past 40 years, but I can't think of anything that even comes remotely close in terms of consistent quality on multiple levels to MASH. There is no show that I have ever watched that just thinking about episodes can make me cry (Absyssinia, Henry) or laugh (Love Story) or just ponder the human condition (Point of View). I have avoided ever buying it on DVD or Blu-Ray because I know that I would never get anything done any more; and yet, with only seeing them maybe 2-3 times each I think I remember just about every episode out of the 250+ that aired.

mergatroid

Original Poster
MASH was my favorite for a few years when it was on the air, but like a lot of shows it hung around a little too long. I liked the fact that Seinfeld knew when to quit.

Seinfeld was great and we have them all in a box set. Out of interest have you watched 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' written and starring Larry David who co wrote many Seinfeld episodes? It's a fantastic series and one season features all the Seinfeld cast making a Seinfeld reunion episode. A great comedy but has very strong language and adult themes for those easily offended.

eeyoremum

Teens/20s
Remington Steele
Nikita (the canadian version)
Stargate
Robin of Sherwood

Younger
The love boat
MASH
fantasy island (so doesn't stand up today)

Before I was born/baby
Lost in space
The honeymooners
Emergency
MacMillian & wife

I hate sitcomes and reality TV. I am not a huge fan of new things mostly because things change days and times I lose track of when they are on.

Britt

Does anyone watch Impractical Jokers? I know it isn't a lot of peoples type of humor, but some really good laughs. Juvenile humor, but funny.
LOL Yes we do! Super immature but we love it! :p

Also to add: we also love American Dad and Family Guy, so it figures we like immature humor! LOL

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom